News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Nameless Creature - Under Construction

Started by Drift, January 26, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drift

I know I'm horribly new, but I'm so excited to get an adoptable off the ground, so here's what I've got so far:

There will be an egg stage and might be a chick stage. Colors are, for the most part, natural and based on owls and ferrets. Those that aren't naturally colored will have a different bird's coloration. There might be a macaw or flamingo. Each adoptable will be individually colored, line-art will only occasionally re-used. I do have three other poses sketched out, so expect to see some variety.

Mutations would probably include the usual horns, antlers, double-wings, and tails. They can also have "line-art mutations" which would alter their appearance, probably to make them look more like the bird they're colored to resemble.

In addition to selling pre-mades and customs, I want to also sell items/accessories that can be drawn onto your creature (by me) at any time.

Most of all, I want to create some genetics for them.

...will update later.

AND now the beginnings of a wingless female. I think they look cooler without wings.

YourLoveOnly

For me right now they are much to big, but I do love the concept so far. But yeah, I think I would want to see these at half size before I really want to start collecting them.

Drift

The reason I did not want to make this one smaller was because the lineart looks crappy when I shrink it. So, I shrank down the little guy without the lineart, and I think I like the line-less dude. I also gave him eyelashes, so maybe now it's a she?

That's slightly larger than 50%

Better?

zarzamora

YourLoveOnly

Oh yes me likes ^^
*stares at fluffy chest* I love the amount of detail!

Drift

I'm glad you like him ^_^

I edited the original post with my current progress. I colored a few more feathers and the face is almost done. Just a little more work on the eyes and the feathers around the edge, and he'll hopefully have a handsome head.

This guy is almost done, but I still have a lot of work to do. I need an egg template, a couple more pre-mades, and a decent variety of backgrounds/certificates. I will, at least, finish this one today.

Do you think I'll get faster as I draw them? I don't want to sacrifice style or detail for time/convenience, so this is a rather long process!

Sunchaser

you probally will get faster at least a little bit. But if you want to make this a adoptable and you end up getting a lot of orders your probally going to want to template your creatures eventually especailly if you use one pose i guess you could say. it would be simpilar for you in the end and eaiser.

Love the work so far :)

YourLoveOnly

I looooove that female. *steals*
And since you said you normally draw humans and not feathery things I do think it will go quicker as you get more used to it <3 But yes, original adoptables do take up a lot more time than templated ones. But they are so lovely! ^^