News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] description question

Started by Solistia, March 04, 2011, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solistia

So I've always been curious, since every Quinsta has it...and I'm not sure if it's just some random fun thing, or if it actually has significance to the Quinsta (like genetics or something).

Those little description in (parentheses) at the end of each Quin's description.
i.e.  (Slow and stubborn), (Generally willing, but rather excitable, a mover),  (Sweet and generally willing, but occasionally excitable, a mover)

Does this have some deep hidden meaning, or is it just there for fun to describe your Quin's personality? (and are they inherited from parents, or truly random if they're not geneticly related?)

YourLoveOnly

They are partially inherited, so picking parents with good personalities does increase odds of offspring with a good personality, but Silv said there is also a random factor involved (I asked her a while ago when I got a slow and stubborn out of two perfect parents).

I also think, and this is me guessing, that there might be some logic involved. Like breeding two movers might result in a rather excitable foal, which I think isn't quite as good as the mover quality. But to me it makes sense if two active parents would create an overexcited foal XD

And I think I recall personality having a slight influence on competitions.

Silvanon

The personalities are inherited in much the same way markings are - they're set on a scale, and if you choose parents who are on one side of the scale you're more likely to get a baby on that side of the scale as well.

As for what other significance they have, I failed to do training last month, but I do hope to have it every other month usually, and your quin's personality greatly affect how well they do in training.