News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Elenaria] Kelpie genders.... help???

Started by CrystalAngelNeko, December 05, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalAngelNeko

So I found myself stuck... I want to finish these sketches, but I'm not sure which should be the male or female... and there are extra details to each gender I will add to them depending on which... but yeah, that is where you all come in hand. Would you Vote on which should be which?

Kelpie 1

Kelpie 2

CrystalAngelNeko

Coments are also welcomed, like why you chose your vote and such ^.~

PonyMama

the raised from hooves is a more masculine pose in my opinion a show of dominance
where the other pose looks more like a prancing thing which I know all horses do as well, but seems more female like

Silvanon

Already voted, but I wanted to add that I think the outlines are looking great, and I'm really exited for when these come out! :)

BabyKittenCandy

Im gonna echo both PM and Silv! Love them!

Bunraku

I definitely love kelpie 2 as the male, the pose just strikes me as masculine and a show of power

Kahlira

Agreeing with everything above. And must say I think I want a bunch of them. *nod*

Saturnalia

Agree with the above... and these are stunning!

Lectral

I voted opposite most - to me, while the second one's pose is a little 'masculine', the frame seems more delicate and graceful than that of the first one, who seems more muscular and powerful >.>

DawnStar7

I went against popular opinion as well, for mostly the same reasons Lectral stated.  The first pose, while not as masculine, definitely has a more masculine, muscular, powerful look, while the second pose, while slightly more masculine, is more streamlined and delicate looking than the first.  Also, I tend to correlate longer hair with femininity, which the second pose also has.  xD;;; 

But really, they both look stunning, and I do believe that after Fairies, these will be my new favorite breed thus far.  However the genes are assigned, I will be pleased.  Very great work, Crys!

Rosedawn

I'm big on faces and the curl of hair across the first one's cheek says girl to me.

Kadana Sorano

I think 1 female 2 male.  Though not for the pose, I actually would love to see some female equines or adopts in general with more "dominant" roles/poses.  But the second one looks more lean to me, while the first looks more full, and I always associate the fuller figure with female, for that extra "softness" most females acquire when pregnant.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

springacres

I think the first one looks more muscular to me, therefore more masculine - whereas the second is leaner but also more delicate, thus more feminine.

Bunraku

I also agree with rose about the face-something about it says female to me due to the curls across the eye and the more "gentle" appearance this gives.

In all honesty I actually fine the lean delicacy of the male rather masculine, it gives a rangy wildness to the male, like corded muscle that's been given no leisure or room for softness due to a harsh lifestyle.

Sarah Badr

I think Kelpie 1 looks Female and Kelpie 2 looks Male. :)

skysnolimit

It is so interesting to read the opinions on boy figure vs. girl figure here!  I love how diverse we all are.

The thick chest and full figure of the first to me say "Boy," whereas the *in-your-face-and-don't-you-forget-it* of the second are 100% feminine to me XD;;

sera

Agreed with skysnolimit entirely. xD  And Lectral, too. ^^

Bunraku

>w> You could let people pick a line art for the gender they desire instead of assigning genders? 8D

sera

Gads, no. |D  i have to roll enough things for breedings.  ^.~

Though it's not a bad idea.  <33 hehe