[Quinsta] Which breed horse would you most like to see added?

Started by Silvanon, January 03, 2014, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

The old voting thread is several years old now, so I've decided to re-poll and see what people are currently wanting to see most in Quinsta.

If you want an option that's not listed, post it below and I'll add it to the voting options.

Ryuukokoro

Oooo I'm voting for Icelandics for sure!

I dare you guys to check out this video of these awesome horses running on solid ice and not vote for Icelandics! Amazing!! X3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLfeIWWUAM

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 03, 2014, 10:18:26 PM
Oooo I'm voting for Icelandics for sure!

I dare you guys to check out this video of these awesome horses running on solid ice and not vote for Icelandics! Amazing!! X3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLfeIWWUAM

Challenge Accepted!

Movie was neat, horses look.. weird somehow, but they sure can MOVE!  And the song is awesome (any idea the title/artist?).

I voted Rocky Mountain, Shire, and Tennesse Walker.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Ryuukokoro

Haha I was wondering that too! I like the song. I'll have to do some google searching and come back here when I find it. X3

My other two votes were Shires (because we haven't had any biiiig draft guys since the Clyds and Vanners!) and Lipizies (because I wanna see what totally awesome flying pose Sil would draw them in)

Ember

I went with Brabant, Shire (I like me my big horses, apparently), and Peruvian Paso, but those Icelandics sure are neat.

Kadana, the song is Breakaway by Big Pig.

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Ember on January 03, 2014, 10:37:28 PM
Kadana, the song is Breakaway by Big Pig.

Oooo thanks Ember! *adds the song to her youtube list of music*

Kadana Sorano

Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

springacres

I voted Brabant, Lippizan and TWH.

Brabant because we could use another draft breed, Lippizan because OMG TEH AWESOME, and TWH because we need at least one gaited breed.  (I was sorely tempted by Icelandics, though.  They would have been my 4th choice if we could have picked 4. XD)

Ravvana

A vote for Dutch Warmbloods is a vote for Sean! :D

Also voted TWH (we need a gaited breed) and Lipizzaner (so many options for phenomenal poses with these).

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Dutch Warmbloods because I there is a breeding farm near where my friend lives and we love to watch them! Shire because the nerd in me wants to get five males and name the after the hobbits in Tolkien's books. I know hobbits should be tiny but I really like the idea of Frodo the Shire horse. Rocky Mountian because I love dark coats with pale manes.

Wildfilly94

Lippizan and paso fino were hands down.
Last one was so hard to choose so I picked the pony xD we need more little fuzzy cuties.

But guys, only one vote for paso fino's?!? Have you seen them move? Their so gorgeous and you can't even feel their trot when your riding cause they're so talented and their small and I love their body structures. ;-;

Ryuukokoro

SkySong

Rocky Mountains because they have been my favorite breed since I was little, Shire because... Tolkein. Searched up the other breeds on google images and eventually narrowed it down to Lipizzaner. A fun breed to do would be Bashkir Curlies, but I don't think they have to be added this round.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

DawnStar7

Voted for Lippizan, because OMG the amazing awesomeness!  Also voted for Peruvian Paso, and TWH.  <3

Wildfilly94

TheLeet

I voted for Brabant, Percheron and Icelandic.

Brabant and Percheron because I'd like to see more draft horses and personally I'd prefer them over Shires because Shires look a lot like Clydesdales to me and we've already got Clydes. :)
I also just really like Brabants. They're so beautifully chunky! ^_^

I voted Icelandic because they're cute and fluffy, come in lots of different colours and I love that typical tölt pose. :D

Sarah Badr

I voted American Saddlebred (because they're way prettier than Walking Horses....and come in Tobiano),  Hanoverian and Welsh Cob (they're like heavier Arabs).

Lectral

I picked Icelandic, Peruvian Paso, and TWH.... we need something gaited XD

Peruvians are one of my favorite breeds, and TWHs come in so many colors (including tobiano - my dad has one - and champagne! though I don't know if Silv wants to go there >.>), and Icelandics look so cool when they do their gait (I know what its called, but I don't have time to figure out the special characters on my computer this morning, gotta go to work XD)

Kahlira

Went with the Rocky Mountain (HOME STATE LOVE!) Shire (Big horse, feather feets, so much cool!) and American Saddlebred (So pretty when they walk. I could go to the fair every year just to watch these guys and eat butt on a stick)

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Kahlira on January 04, 2014, 08:03:37 AM
(So pretty when they walk. I could go to the fair every year just to watch these guys and eat butt on a stick)

Was that supposed to say 'butter on a stick' Kahlira...? XD

springacres

Quote from: Lectral on January 04, 2014, 06:45:22 AM
I picked Icelandic, Peruvian Paso, and TWH.... we need something gaited XD

Peruvians are one of my favorite breeds, and TWHs come in so many colors (including tobiano - my dad has one - and champagne! though I don't know if Silv wants to go there >.>), and Icelandics look so cool when they do their gait (I know what its called, but I don't have time to figure out the special characters on my computer this morning, gotta go to work XD)
*drooooools at the thought of champagne being added to the Quin gene pool*  It actually exists in Saddlebreds too, but it's seemingly much rarer there.  (Possibly because a good percentage of Saddlebreds are chestnut, and champagne on a chestnut base can very closely resemble palomino.)

Wildfilly94

XD I wish I could like that post, and if I could, a thousand times Ryuu!! XD

SPO

Silvanon

Curlies are added to the voting list now.  :)  For those who've already voted, you're able to change your votes if you decide you want to.

Riverwind

I voted Lipizzan, Icelandic, and Shire. I play Horse Isle a lot and my favorite horse that I own on there is a Shire mare that I named Zenyatta. <3

Ember

Heh, I knew I shouldn't have clicked those links. Definitely convinced me to change my vote a bit. Shire is still on there but I switched to Icelandic and Rocky Mountain for the other two.

CrystalAngelNeko

Eeee! Thank you silv for adding them to the vote <3 -changes my vote~-

Kahlira

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 04, 2014, 03:52:31 PM
Quote from: Kahlira on January 04, 2014, 08:03:37 AM
(So pretty when they walk. I could go to the fair every year just to watch these guys and eat butt on a stick)

Was that supposed to say 'butter on a stick' Kahlira...? XD

No. Butt on a stick. Pretty much an inch thick pork butt on two sticks. Pretty good sized too. A bit bigger than my hand.

Quote from: SPO on January 04, 2014, 06:06:26 PM
Lols. Kah eats butt on a stick.

And it tastes good too XD I get the teriyaki one. :D Better than the donut burger by miles! Get the butt on a stick, find the cheesecake on a stick and have a wonderful day at the fair all full and bloated watching pretty horses. Always fun.

Ryuukokoro

Haha seriously!? I have never heard of such a thing! I think I will stay away from fair food for my health and sanity though... the idea of eating animal butt is not really appealing. XD;;

Kahlira

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 05, 2014, 02:16:04 PM
Haha seriously!? I have never heard of such a thing! I think I will stay away from fair food for my health and sanity though... the idea of eating animal butt is not really appealing. XD;;

*grins* The pork butt does not come from the animal's behind XD It comes from the shoulder area. But yes health reasons are a good reason to stay away. lol

Ryuukokoro

Gaaaah now I'm even more confused! Why does pork butt = pork shoulder!? D:

DawnStar7

Ryuukokoro

springacres

Switched my vote >>  I decided I want Icelandics cause gaited ponies <3, and Curlies... I just want to see them :3  Kept Lipizzans though because they are awesome and gorgeous and wow.

Ryuukokoro

Hee hee, the three I voted for are the top three voted breeds! Do I get a prize for being psychic? :B

Riverwind

XD If Ryuu gets a prize so do I :P

*passes out cake and icecream*

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

I dont really understand why so Many want Shire and lipz' as I think they remind alot about clydes and Andys but that is Just me xD

Winged

Well i'd say it's just because that's people's favourite breeds out of those listed, they're gorgeous breeds and do have certain differences from the breeds you mentioned. Just because they're a similar type doesn't mean they'll look the same not to mention Silv will do different poses for the different breeds. So i wouldn't be worried about them being too similar :)
Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

Kahlira

The Clydes are lonely as the big breed xD

But uh yeah... XD

Arty

Edit: I'ma derp D:

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

My main reason for not voting for the pretty Lippizaners is because of the lack of color. I love the breed but they only come in gray( the most common color), black and bay. I know that whatever pose they have will be gorgeous though so I'm looking forward to them.

Wildfilly94

They do come in buckskin. And possibly palomino, maybe it, but I've seen buckskin lippizaners :)