[Quinsta] Which breed horse would you most like to see added?

Started by Silvanon, January 03, 2014, 10:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

Misplaced

I just want more draft horses. And also icelandic, but mostly any draft horse breed.

Pinkshadow

I didnt say that The breeds would look alike in quin, but in real world.

And I didn't vote for them because I think we need more fluff, like Icelandics or Welsh ponies and a warmblood (:

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Quote from: Wildfilly94 on January 12, 2014, 12:10:44 AM
They do come in buckskin. And possibly palomino, maybe it, but I've seen buckskin lippizaners :)

Last time I saw the breed standard it did not include any cream genes. I know that some of the foundation lines had dun in them but because they are predominately gray it's hard to know for sure if that gene survives. As for brown I've never seen one and it was not include in the original lines that I know of. I know for sure though that most of them are gray and that one bay stallion is always present at the Spanish Riding School. I do know that there are quite a few part lipizzan horses out there now though.

Wildfilly94

The generally turn grey like andalusians. Andalusians and lippizzaners can come in buckskin shades as foals. Not sure if brown is in lippizzaners but Andalusian foals can be brown too. Bit like I said, most lippizzaners and andalusians turn grey over time so you don't really notice. I've seen sooty buckskin colored andalusians as well as lippizzaners in their youth at nationals before. (Huge show competition). Kinda rare, but not nonexistent.

Eta-just looked it up and fun is recognized for lippizzaners. :)

Bunraku

I voted for Lipizzan because I like their distictive way of being trained and have the hope of seeing some classic Lipizzan poses ^.^ Its mainly about aesthetics for me, and I love white and black base horses the most out of any

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Bunraku on January 12, 2014, 05:46:02 PM
have the hope of seeing some classic Lipizzan poses ^.^

This is true for me too! As a kid, my Bible for horse breeds was Marguerite Henry's Album of Horses (this is the book that lists Palomino as a breed rather than a color lol, so when Quin first started I was quite confused... but it was originally published in 1951!!)

Anyway, the book has a full page oil painting of each breed, and the Lipizzan was always one of my favorites:

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Quote from: Wildfilly94 on January 12, 2014, 03:41:33 PM
The generally turn grey like andalusians. Andalusians and lippizzaners can come in buckskin shades as foals. Not sure if brown is in lippizzaners but Andalusian foals can be brown too. Bit like I said, most lippizzaners and andalusians turn grey over time so you don't really notice. I've seen sooty buckskin colored andalusians as well as lippizzaners in their youth at nationals before. (Huge show competition). Kinda rare, but not nonexistent.

Eta-just looked it up and fun is recognized for lippizzaners. :)
I have no doubt that as foals they could come in those colors, but because the dominate gene is gray, we would have to breed in a recessive gray dominate creme lippy to see it on an adult. And I assume you mean dun right? Cause if not I really want to see what fun is!

Wildfilly94

Bunraku

Ryuu...that is literally the exact book I was thinking of when I said that! XD I lived by those books too, and still have them <3

springacres

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 12, 2014, 08:49:31 PM
Quote from: Bunraku on January 12, 2014, 05:46:02 PM
have the hope of seeing some classic Lipizzan poses ^.^

This is true for me too! As a kid, my Bible for horse breeds was Marguerite Henry's Album of Horses (this is the book that lists Palomino as a breed rather than a color lol, so when Quin first started I was quite confused... but it was originally published in 1951!!!

Mine too!  That, and "America's Horses and Ponies" by Irene Brady...