News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Starlight Tavern [Interest Check]

Started by SkySong, January 27, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

So Sky has been working on something on and off now for a little while. It wasn't originally meant to come here, but I've enjoyed working on it and would like to share it with you guys. (I know we have a lot of cat adopts right now, which would normally keep me from posting them for variety's sake, but I think they're ready now.)

These guys would be semi-realistic cats for the most part. I've been toying with the idea to add other lines as well as mutations, but I'm hesitant to add them now when I don't know how well these guys will take. They have a loose genetics system, but it isn't letter symbols and more knowing an idea of how things pass on. (I know a lot of people have fantasy customs, which I'd be fine with doing provided people are alright with it being more like paint or dye as opposed to the actual color of the cat.)

Basically, a 'Tavern Cat' started out as a barn cat that kept company at the taverns. They were most often picked off the street, and any significant breed standards were quickly lost. However, they grew more empathetic towards humans, more intelligent. Before long it was impossible to deny that they were sentient life, and today they are considered close companions. They lead the wandering home. They are a warm body on a cold night. A guardian in the dark. They are the cats of the Starlight Taverns.

So, thoughts? <3
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Ember

I like them! Especially the little story they have. And that kitten! <3

SkySong

Thank you, Ember! I might expand on the story a bit if more inspiration comes. <3

Lectral

I like the idea, and the lines are adorable :)

I would definitely stalk them >.>

CrystalAngelNeko

SPO

SkySong

Yay! So happy to see interest. Thank you all for that!

Wildfilly94

Bunraku

Silvanon

I like kitties and these are cute.  I shall follow.

SkySong

Sweet! I may get an event started later today or tomorrow, then. So excited to see interest!!

Riverwind

OMG I love these!!! <33 *grabby hands*