News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Fish adopts

Started by Sunchaser, February 06, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunchaser

So I know i ran a fish adopt awhile ago and do not have the lines but with working at a aquarium I have been wanting to draw some of the fish there. But I want to know if secundi would want to have other fish adopts here.

What I am thinking would be a type of tank adopt like my other one was. You can have so many fish in the tanks until you have no room. (would be base of real fish and tank knowledge)

Would you guys want realistic coloring's, fantasy coloring or realistic but with rare fantasy or vice versa?

Second; Would you want tanks or just the fish image?

Third If I bring this adopt here would you also want to see other creatures added that would fit into tanks? Like hedgehogs, snakes and lizards and what not? Or keep it solely fish?

Fourth: Would you want genetics brought into it? I am not good at genetics yet but I would be willing to look into it if its what secundi wanted.

And just another note, I would hire staff for this adopt so that I can focus on my Tarakona Ormr because they are bigger and more involved but this would be a good adopt for me to do lines for and be able to do custom pieces for people.

I know there are no lines posted yet mostly I just want feedback if it is worth doing lines for it or if I will end up keeping the sketches for myself :)

Riverwind

I think we could use more fishes! And small critters would be cute, too. :3 People like fantasy (plus it gives more variety). Genetics..I never could understand genetics! And honestly I don't think it would...add to the adopt (if you do decide to go with it) much, if any at all.

<3

SGA

Real and fantasy in equal measure.

Both.

More pets is always good.

Genetics.. *dies*
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

Silvanon

I like fishies!  Fish come in "fantasy" colors already, so I don't see much reason to differentiate there.  Unless you're going to focus only on a single domesticated species of fish that comes in multiple well-defined color patterns.  Genetics....not for colors, I think, for much the same reason.  Maybe if you wanted genes for mutation types.  I don't have much opinion on whether to do tanks or not.

Ember

Real and fantasy are both good. As Silv says, fish are bright and flashy as it is! I'd say skip the genetics as I don't think they would add much to the adoptable. I think a tank is unnecessary as well.

LIZARDS. <3 That's my answer to other tank animals. :P

Sunchaser

This is the first I have done. I do not know if i will separate male and Female poses or just let you choose which it is. But... this is the Clown Trigger fish <.<

This is what they look like

http://www.tropicalreefstore.com/Clown_Trigger.jpg

It is my first try at lineless, using silvs tutorial and I am rather proud of it <.< What do you guys think? keep going?

Sarah Badr

Silvanon

DawnStar7

Very nice!  Can has more please?

Sunchaser

Added a pole and if people could give me a idea of breeds they would want to see that would be great :)

Winged

Looks great! I voted don't care, not because i don't care but because i think it would look equally good either way :) I suppose it depends on the breed though, as far as i'm aware some species of fish there isn't much difference between male and female and some breeds there is?
Hmm breeds i'd like...
Neon Tetra
Shark breeds, and mini 'shark' breeds (like the red tipped one, can't remember the full name)
Frogs! I would love to see some sea frogs

And if you're going to look at wild fish as well
Salmon
Trout
Shark- Basking shark, reef shark

And just throwing the idea of whales out there too xD
Orca
Blue Whale
Minke Whale
Owner of Gliders!

Sunchaser

Some fish do have different counter parts, What I might do is for those breeds that do I will do different stages. As far as I know the ones I have already sketched up don't have a difference between male and female.

Ones I have currently sketched
clownfish
Cowfish(working on templating this one now)
and Emporer Angelfish

I am looking for all sorts of fish, I am hoping to have fresh and saltwater breeds, do not know yet about big animals, depends on how i can draw them lol

For tanks I have decided that to own Saltwater fish you have to have a Saltwater Aquarium, Same for Freshwater. And then for Brackish fish you can choose where they go. But I was thinking of setting that part up like the registries.

There will be options of Hybrid fish too in the future, and right now im thinking that fish can come in all fish colors and patterns but to get something totally not fishish its more rare. This part is a debate though right now i might just not worry about what colors they come in lol

Whales whales whales... must work on sketching to see if i can do a good enough whale lol

Sunchaser

SkySong

I like the fin shading on that one!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Sunchaser

*drops in emperor angel*

my husbands choice >.>

Silvanon

Ember

Dropping off skype suggestions:

Dario Botia Loach
Cichlids
Bluefin Notho
Aphyosemion australe

Sunchaser

Thank you for the suggestions ember :) Whichever i choose to do, or whenever i choose to do them you shall get the first because you suggested the species :)