News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

}}Howl's Island{{ Preview and Interest Garnering

Started by Legends, March 21, 2010, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

First species are defenitely wanted!
Second one is not for me, but would probably be wanted by my boyfriend so I'll end up chasing after them for him xD

Echowing

springacres

Legends

A large flat rock stands in the center of a clearing, deep in the Darin Forest. Through the dark of night you can just barely make out a pile of small stones in the direct center of the dais. Though it's too dark to see their markings, if interested, you may step forward and take two stones at random.

Echowing

Stumbling in the dark I reach out towards the pile of stones. I pull back once I've managed to grab two and squint into my hand at an attempt to observe them.

YourLoveOnly

Hmm, that seems interesting. I wonder what those stones will do. Carefully I take a step towards the pile and pick two of them up.

Math

This seems really interesting. :)

I carefully step forward and pick up a rock. Examining it, I rub some of the dirt off of the surface.

springacres

I carefully step forward and pick up two rocks at random.  One feels slightly different than the other, but I can't see for sure why.

indigowulf

I reach into the pile of stones and try to grab the biggest, drabbest stones I can find. Those usually have neat stuff inside!

Poupou

While looking at the others picking rocks, curiosity got the best of me and I stepped forward to look at them closely.  I finally picked up one that had the same shape of an egg.

Tribe

Tired of walking most of the day i sit beside the pile of stones, staring intently at what they may be. I move a few aside and find one that seems to be a little brighter then the others in the dark night i set it aside, shifting through the rest of the pile i find one that seems a little darker then the others i put both in my bag and meander off to find a good sleeping spot for the night. Suppose ill make out what the stones are in the morning.

Legends

Echowing picks up the stones and they begin to glow... showing a female sign and a yellow Rune.

YourLoveOnly picks up the stones and they begin to glow... showing a green Rune and a male sign.

Math picks up a stone and, when rubbed, it breaks into two... showing a strange Rune and a black Rune.

springacres picks up the stones and they begin to glow... showing a red Rune and a white Rune.

indigowulf picks up the drab stones and they begin to glow... showing a purple Rune and a strange Rune....

Poupou picks up the round egg stone and finds it's actually two stones held together with clumps of dirt, which break off when they begin to glow... showing a blue Rune and a strange Rune...

In Hunni's carrying bag, one stone begins to glow... showing a brown Rune. The other is strangely blank.

Kadana Sorano

*reaches down and picks up a couple stones, rubbing the dirt off on her jeans before putting them in her pocket.*
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Poupou

I look at the glowing Runes appearing on the stones and I think how cool looking they are.  I hold on to them, waiting to see if someone could explain what the Runes on the stones mean.

Ninja ETA : I know we didn't have to reply to this, but just wanted to let you know I picked my stones tee-hee! x3

Ravvana

Seeing the alluring runes on the other stones, I tentatively step forward and pick up two stones myself.

red_uni387

Drawn in by the pretty rocks, I snag two for myself.

the runes are so pretty :D

Legends

Kadana's pocket begins to glow... the stones show a strange Rune and another strange Rune.

Ravvana's stones begin to glow... showing a male sign and an orange Rune.

red_uni's stones begin to glow... showing a strange Rune and a white Rune.

Sunchaser

oo *sits on kadanas head and picks up two stones* o.o

Wolfs Fang

I see a pile of stones in front of me. Some of the stones picked up by the others seem to be glowing... I conclude that the stones are magical in some way, and will do one of two things when I pick them up:

1. The stones I pick up will start glowing. Other than that, nothing will happen. I will cackle, pocket them, and then add them to my hoard of shiny objects back home.  :D

2. The stones will glow, and then open up THE VORTEX OF DOOM, and I will be pulled in and trapped for all eternity. Or they might explode.  :(

I hesitate, but the rocks are too much to ignore. My inner magpie screams "OMG! Shinies! And all mystical-looking too! 8D" Or maybe I said that out loud. I'm really not sure. My craziness has been a bit worse than usual lately. I walk to the pile and pick two gray, average-looking rocks up, and wait for something to happen.
~~

Legends

Sunchaser's stones begin to glow... showing a blue Rune and a female sign.

Wolf's Fang stares with anticipation at the two stones... but only one starts to glow with a yellow Rune. The other is curiously... blank.

Spixy

The eerie glow from the pile attracts my attention. It's almost as if they're calling to me and I slowly reach out to grab two round rocks from the pile. Turning them over, I stare at the markings.

Sunchaser

Legends

Spixy's stones begin to glow... showing a brown Rune and a strange Rune.

Legends

There are still some unclaimed rocks piled in the center of the Summoning Stone, but your attention is diverted when a voice splits the night air. "So you've come. The Island has seen the faces of Creators for the first time in many years." The voice sounds like gravel grinding and you can see two glowing yellow eyes staring at you from the darkness, but the speaker isn't coming forward and revealing himself just yet, it seems.

"My people are born from your thoughts and imaginings," the voice continues. An undercurrent, tense and urgent, punctuates his tone. "But each year there are fewer walking this land and swimming this sea. I have to change this. YOU are here to change this."

There's a sharp sound, like claw scraping rock. "I have managed to find four who are without a Creator. You may become theirs, but first prove yourself worthy. Use your powers of mind to create and describe to me a being you would bring to life on this island. I care not what your creature looks like or acts or their history, I care only to see the power of your imaginations at work.

The four of you who seem most capable to me will be able to call forth the four who I have brought to reveal themselves in the moonlight.

indigowulf

I summon my best creative muse. Oh no, I got Sh'Alya, the over-protective one. She simply looks like a giant raptor, with green glowing eyes. Not much use out of her unless there's trouble, then she is a great guardian.

Feeling a bit concerned that summoning my spirit guides would bring her instead of the muse I asked for, I ask her to stay and watch over me as I converse with the creature in the darkness. She bobs her body in a nod, and her giant form perches behind me as I brainstorm.

I know! A duck billed mammel with a spike and a beaver.. no wait, that's already out there.

How about a slender body furred creature, long and sleek like a weasel, but longer in the leg. In fact, the legs are powerful,  with large burrowing claws like a badger. It's head is fine and narrow, coming to a nearly pointed muzzle. You can just make out fangs under the lips on this clearly carnivorous creature.

The strange thing about the head, the fur tapers off, getting finer and finer, until it is completely gone on the bridge of the nose down to the chin. Instead of seeing soft skin under the fur, it's more like leathery scales. The large triangular ears are set high on the head, and they maintain thier fur. The tail has a similar quality, fur at the base tapering off into a long almost serpentine scaley leather tail.

The image comes to my mind, fuzzy and undefined. It looks something like this:

Sunchaser

As an image comes to me of a glorious sea horse i try to take in the colors. As it moves in the ocean, colors the blue sparkle between ocean green an dashes of purple as if from the aura borelis from the artic. Flashes of diamonds and emeralds appear over the whole body as i watch him swim. HIs hair is multi colored in blues and teals as if its the water itself. The tail though..... the tip is that white blue of a iceburg and as you go to the tail its as if you are coming out of the water. Darkness just begining in that neither between dusk and pure darkness. The aura borelis shows in the tail as sparkles of the night sky shows through. Its as if the stallion is a upside down artic land.

I blink as the stallion flips upside down, making me look at him as if he is an artic picuture. He is beautiul and makes a sound before he dissapears away from me. I sigh as the image dissapears.

Wolfs Fang

I sigh, slightly disappointed, as only one of the stones I picked up starts to glow. "That doesn't matter," I say to the blank stone, ignoring any stares I might be getting for talking to a rock. "If you don't glow on your own, I'll MAKE you shiny! I have tons of glitter back home." My crazy-talk is interupted by a voice that seems to come from the shadows. I'm hearing voices now!? I think to myself. I know I'm weird, but I'm not THAT kind of weird... But then I notice two yellow eyes glowing from the darkness. I realize that the voice is some kind of creature, not my own mind going haywire on me.

I listen to the Voice's speech, and then reply seriously, "So... voice? Your people are dying out and you need 'creators' to help bring them back?" I pause. "At least, that's what it sounds like to me. Anyway, I want to help somehow, but I'm not sure how imagining something will make any difference. But if I have to prove myself worthy before I can help, then I'll try." I stare off into the darkness, toward the yellow eyes, and begin to describe a creature that exists only in my imagination.

"In my mind, I see a strange creature," I say. "It looks a bit like a deer, and it's about the same size as one. Its fur is short and tan, with a few lighter splotches on it, and it has black, cloven hooves." I smiled. "Looks rather normal so far, doesn't it? But it isn't." I closed my eyes, trying to see the creature more clearly. "Like an average deer, it has two horns, yes- but instead of being brown and branched-out, this creature's horns are long, curved, and a very dark gray, almost black. They curve gracefully backwards toward its neck. Its tail is long, and has the same short, soft fur as the body, but at the end of the tail, there is a tuft of black fur. But best of all- this creature has wings. They look a bit like a dragonfly's wings, slightly transparent with darker veins across them. But this creature's wings are a very light blue, and the veins are a slightly darker blue. The wings look very delicate, yes, but in reality, they are tough enough to fly through hurricanes. Oh, and the creature's eyes are dark blue. They look hard and cold, but at the same time, very innocent." I finish my description with complete seriousness, all craziness gone- at least for now.

~Fang
~~

Tribe

Slightly tired and beggining to doze my mind wonders to the what ifs of this land. Odd colored trees and huge flowers dance in my head as i begin to imagne the layout. As i wonder the area in my mind i stumble upon a creature so sinster looking it causes me to jump and i wake from my semi concious state. There in front of me was the creature i had seen in my day dreaming, its arms curled in front of it, wings extending from its wrist and sharp claws gleaming in the light i begin to shiver in fear. The creature cocks its head side ways and blinks it eyes. First a white sheath covers its peral like blue eyes and then its actual eye lids. Bending down it sniffs me, steps back and lets out a blood curdling shreaking scream. All the while fixed on me, i sat thinking this would be the end of me and then all of the sudden...the creature bent down its hind end in the air wagging around like an excited puppy. Completely taken by surpise i hadnt gotten a good look at the animal until now. Its body was some what cream colored which faded to sweet light blue on its back and neck area. Its legs and shoulders were speckled with spots of orange and white. Under its eyes it seemed to wear eye liner, black in color it made the sparkling blue iris's stand out like the ocean against the sand. Its wings when outstreched showed a odd traslucent yellow color. Finally i stood up and did my best to befriend it, i threw a stone like i would a ball to a dog. The dragon like animal fethced it and laid it at my feet eyes wide waiting for me to toss it again.

Atachi

I see a pile of rocks, and decide to investigate. They are ordinary and drab looking, but I want to add some to my pile at home. At least it will add contrast, I say to myself. The more the merrier, right? Leaning down, I shift through the pile. When I stand, in my hands are two medium-sized rocks that look almost identical. They fit in my fist, and feel smooth. However, the one in my left hand has a slighty rough edge. I pocket them and laugh maniacally.
HOLY MOTHER OF PENGUINS, IT'S SONIC!
FEAR MY SHINY ROCK!
*puts rock into machine and presses random buttons*
IT'S TOO LATE, SONIC!
All I have to do is push this little button...
*BOOM*

red_uni387

....the two people I know in RL post the weirdest responses to the rock pile. wow.

Atachi

HOLY MOTHER OF PENGUINS, IT'S SONIC!
FEAR MY SHINY ROCK!
*puts rock into machine and presses random buttons*
IT'S TOO LATE, SONIC!
All I have to do is push this little button...
*BOOM*

Wolfs Fang

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 28, 2010, 10:44:21 PM
....the two people I know in RL post the weirdest responses to the rock pile. wow.

It just means that you have weird friends. :D And birds of a feather flock together, so that means that you...

...>:D

~Fang
~~

Legends

Atachi's stones begin to glow... showing a strange Rune and a Yellow Rune.

Spixy

The loud voice roared throughout that roared through the clearing made goosebumps appear on my unclothed arms. The lyrics of which it spilled were mysterious and confusing - it wanted us to create a creature with our minds? I cast a quick glance down towards two glowing stones in my hands, before closing my eyes and letting my imagination take over. Out of the darkness came a sizzling black figure - it's aura a dark rusty red. Two bright yellow eyes stare at me - narrowed, cautionus. Their pupils strangely remind me a lot of those of am adult feline. It's aura grows in strenght as it continues its careful path towards me. The creatures steps are light and soundless - almost like a prowl. The first thing I notice, as it's coming out of the shadows, is the long thin flawless snout. Next comes the head and body - both stunningly black, the first I notice about its frame is the form: both the head and body are - like the snout - long and well defined, much like a Pharaoh's Hound, yet where the hound's paws end in visible claws, this one doesn't have any visible ones. Instead I'm conveinced that they're retracted - much like a cats. Upon its shoulders rest two long feathered wings - both ebony black to contrast the body. The next thing I notice is the size of the creature - even though the bodice itself is long and sleek, the height of the creature is nothing to joke about. The creature in my mind stands at the same size of a medium-sized pony. Overall the creature has an aura of royalty, yet with a tint of fierceness and a strange protectiveness and I have no doubt, that this creature's role is to protect and guard.

phew *wipes brow* tough!

Legends

"Mmmm," the voice in the shadows rumbles when everyone's voices die away. "Your words have made an old god light-hearted. I can tell you are all indeed just what my island needs." With a swish of branches, a large lanky form slinks into the moonlight.

"My name is Howl, and my Islanders are coming," says the great horned wolf. "Four are here now, hidden in the darkness with well trained ears, but more are on their way." He folds his long limbs and sits down on the Summoning Stone, looking at everyone who has gathered.

Howl adds, "My ears have appreciated hearing your imaginations as they brought fantastical creatures forth. I would care to hear some more if there are others nearby. Before the four Islanders who came with me tonight choose their Creators, is there anyone else who wishes to take up my challenge and describe a creature for the island?"

Kadana Sorano

I would create a predator.  A fierce and strong being, but one who is also noble and loyal.  He would have the body shape of a wolf but be much larger, closer to the size of a large pony or small horse.  He would be well muscled, and covered in thick, soft ebony fur.  his head would be that of a lion, complete with a long silky mane of dark charcoal gray.  his tail would be thick, and long, ropey like a panthers, but prehensile like a monkey's.  His feet would be a mix of a wolfs, with the thick padded soles for running, a cats, with retractable claws like those of a feline, thick and sharp for climbing, but with "fingers and toes" much like a humans, able to grasp and lift things.  There would be thick webbing between the "toes" of his read feet, hidden unless he was swimming.  His eyes would change with his moods, from golden yellow to deep mossy green, and they would shine with intelligence and power.  He would have two sets of eye lids, one a thin membrane for when he swam, and the other the normal set the lion would have.  He would not have gills, but would be bale to hold his breath for quite some bit longer then one would initially expect.  He would have the ability to communicate, telepathically, should one be lucky enough to befriend him.  And he would be a gentle and loyal friend, though a fierce and even viscous protector of those he cared for.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Echowing

To create a creature, eh? Well this should be interesting....

Okay, to start off I think something with the body of a large cat, like a tiger but even larger. It would have a ridge of stiff fur like a hyena starting at the head and extending down to the lower back along with small ridges on the back parts of all legs. The natural coloring would range from a dusty sand to a vibrant natural red with markings paler than the body color in most. The markings would be rings or bands varying in size and number on the lower legs and on the tail. They would each have striping or spiked eye-mask type markings that are unique to each one so they can all be distinguished from one another if all else fails. Their diet would be much like a bears: meat, berries, plants, etc. The general disposition of the animals is fierce and brave. They prefer to lead solitary lives not affected by outsiders like humans.

A sketch of the creature:

Lookky

*picks up 2 stones*

The creature I would imagine is a mix between a lion, an eagle,
and a dragon. Not in a Gryphion-way, but totally different.
It would have dragon-legs, the wings of an eagle, and the body and head of a lion,
with a forked tongue. The colours are Lion-brown, Dark-red (bordeaux) and
dark blue. It will have Tribal-markings (black) all over it's body.
These markings will be individual, so every creature can be recognized.
It would eat sheep, goats and beehives.
They would live in caves, near plains, or in mountains.

This is going to be a long one, I'll work it out later, and try to make a sketch. I'm very busy right now, so :3

Ryuukokoro

Lookky's stones begin to glow... showing a Blue Rune and a strange Rune.

Howl's Challenge is now closed. Prizes awarded in General Booth thread (forthcoming shortly).

Summoning Stone event is still open and will remain open for new players.

sera

sera steps up with interest and reaches down for the nifty looking stones...

*Wiggles*

Victoria

Steps forward to notice that my shoe was untied and fell to the ground. Gets up and picks up two rocks that seem to glow! :D

Legends

sera picks up the stones and they begin to glow... showing a red Rune and a strange Rune.

Victoria picks up the stones and they begin to glow... showing a strange Rune and a purple Rune.

SeaCrest

I pick up two stones and sit down, examining them.

Rosewood

I pick up two stones and sit in a dim light to look closer at them.

Legends

SeaCrest's stones begin to glow... showing a brown Rune and a yellow Rune.

Rosewood's stones begin to glow... showing a strange Rune and an orange Rune.

SeaCrest

Question: Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but can we trade runes? Thanks :)

jojo

Jojo approaches the glowing pile of stones and, curious, picks up two of them.

Edit: I meant "glowing", not "growing". Haha. Editing it just incase it confuses anyone XD;