News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

|[Desert Striders]| Interest thread...

Started by Willow, May 16, 2010, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

|[Desert Striders]|

A new species is coming to the island, a discovery made by an inmtrepid explorer and his young apprentice.
The species is beleived to have been thriving in a lost and hostile desert, sheltered by tall untraveseable moutains, until now.What brought them out of this sancutuary? We don't know. But we do know they're here!

They have been nicknamed Striders for their speed, agility and elegant looks. They look like a long lost link between reptiles and mammals, they give birth to live young, not eggs, yet they have reptillian and birdlike features.

The males are ornately decorated with sails to impress mates and fight for territory and they stand around 7ft-7.6ft. They may be collected or shown (or even fought in some places) and bets are placed on them. their tails are shorter and their sails put up some wind resistance, so they are only moderately strong runners.

Though they lack the large bright sails of their male counterparts, the females have other assets that make them extremely valuable, they stand just a bit smaller than males, usually at 6.4ft-7.2ft. They have longer tails with low ridges of sails for balance and shorter sails; they are the gender built for speed, and are prized for racing and distance endurance travel through the desert when time is of the essence.
Some females are estimated to be able to reach top speeds of 82 mph.

The creatures are built for survival, their sails can cool them down, much like the ears of an elephant, or the plates of a stegasaurus.Their sight rivals that of "An eagle that most deffinately went to Specsavers" (A quote from the explorer himself >3>)
The Striders' skin is smooth,hardy and comes in a variety of colours.Their intelligence is astounding, and they have already begun to mimic and communicate.Many Striders have let humans ride them once bonded.

Their diet is that of an omnivore, although young Striders are fed nutrituos fruit until they're older. The 'beaks' of the older specimins can penetrate tough hides with ease.

And now, why don't you see for yourself!..
~Willow

Sample

Here's an adult male;

Female;

Shaded by the wonderful xenon :)

Art by dragonspyrit on PI...
~Willow

Math

I'm very interested. :) I'd love to guest colour sometime. :)

Leafy

Math

According to her thread in Art Booths, there are two adult poses, a baby pose and a teen pose. Along with some familiars, and the riding gear. :)

Leafy

Willow

Ok, I've decided to put together a group picture, as a preview, it might entice a rouge shadist >3>

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab286/willowgardens/grouppic.png?t=1274033860

That's not actual sizes, photobucket shrunk them X3

Here's the flats for the female w/ riding gear...

~Willow

Leafy

Those are super cute ^_^ Do Want ^____^

Math

I hope you find a shadist soon, I'm super excited to see these come to Secundi. The riding gear really excites me for some reason. xD

Willow

I wish I still had some PI stuff to offer XD
I'd be more likely to get a shadist there...
Sadly I've got rid of everything except 400k :p
*facepalm*
~Willow

Math

I'd throw some stuff in with your 400k, but I'm broke on PI. I will go through my items, and see if I have some valuable ponies though. I do have one that I've received offers of 10+ million PG on but she's not one I'd be willing to sell.

I'll go see if I can sell a Reindeer starter or two. If I do get some PG though to put towards a shadist, would I be able to colour one or two for myself? :)

Willow

Math that'd be amazing :D
If you could put PG towards it, you'd be more than welcome to colour a couple :)
~Willow

Math

Yay! :D I put a thread up about one of my RD starters, I put him up for buy at 1.5 million PG. That should be enough to get at least the main pieces shaded by a high quality shadist. :)

Willow

indigowulf

Neocridders

Willow

Adult male is finished!Sample posted above :)

Now I need a cert and items >3>
~Willow

Math

:D

I can't wait to see the female! :D I'd like for both of my two to be females, and then for the three that you're letting me colour for events... you can choose the gender. :)

Willow

That's fine Math ^3^
I think I'd like you to do two males and a female ;)
I'll send you the files when they're all done anyway..
~Willow

Willow

A couple more ;)

<3
*drags self away from photoshop and into bed*
~Willow

xenon

Aww man, seeing all these colored guys makes me feel stupidly proud. XD I'm glad the shading is working for you!

Body and frills of his lady are shaded, moving onto her gear...

Math

The shading looks amazing! :D Now just to get a cert to match the quality. :) But with the 2.5 million PG I donated, that should be easy to manage. You should see if Fantasy (not sure if she does them, but I bet it'd be worth asking) does certs. :)

Taruia

I am very very interested. They remind me in a way of Dinotopia, which I so loved as a kid!

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Math

Willow, I sent you a PM on PI... but I thought I'd post here that I sent KillswitchNgage a PM about prices. :) If they're reasonable, I'd pay for them so that you could have super pretty items. :)

Willow

Math, you're being so kind D:
If you do pay for the items, then I'll give you some PG back....But really you don't have to, I could always put up an ad here ^^
<3
~Willow

Willow

Female is done :D
I'll send the files to you tonight Math...

<3
~Willow

springacres

Pinkshadow

Willow

Colouring fever >3>
I need a cert soon, I'm dying to give some away X3

The last girl is one I'm stealing for myself ;)
All the rest of the coloured Striders in this thread will be up for grabs ^^
~Willow

Solistia

They do look amazing (xenon's great! X3)

Have you found someone to make the cert yet (and are just waiting)? or still looking?

Willow

Still looking :3
No one quite right has offered yet :/
<3
~Willow

Solistia

I could offer my cert making skills, I can do a lot of various type oAo

Examples:
[1-Graphical] [2-Themed] [3-Artistic] [4-Simple]

If I'm not quite what you need, I wish you luck on PI X3!

Willow

O.o
I'd love for you to make the cert!
I guess the type I'd need would be themed, deserty themed...
I was thinking something along the lines of old parchment paper;
example

And it would need the following on it;

Desert Striders (at the top - adoptable name)

Name:
Show Name:
ID:
Keeper:
Lineage:
Personality:

Lines by dragonspyrit - PI (at the bottom, in small text, yet still visable)

I'd give you a bit of free reign with the design really...Though I'd prefer a roughly rectangular shape :)

What would you like in return?
I have 1 mil SG, a couple of dane pups, Blueridge customs and customs of the Striders (or the option to colour a couple for yourself)

Ta!
~Willow

Solistia

We'll see what I can come up with, then talk price :3

About how much space do you want for personality? (like a single word, or a sentence length?)
Also, do you have a preferred font for a title? Or shall i find a suitable one? :3

Willow

If you could find a good font that'd be great, and personality is only one word that sums up your Strider, so not a lot of space :)

Thank you!
~Willow

Solistia

I'll probably show you some different fonts then and see which you like best :3 (once I get home |D)

Willow

Great :D
I may be going to sleep soon though >3>
Too many late nights X3
~Willow

Math

I can't wait to colour some of these! :D

Willow, I'm working something out with KillswitchNgage. I'm going to see if she can do just a lineart, and maybe xenon can shade them? That way, everything would look more in the same style. Plus, she charges $5 an item if she shades it.

Willow

*nods*
Alright Math, whatever is best for you, I don't want you to do too much X3
<3
And ack! Completely forgot to send the files round to you D:
I'll send them now...
~Willow

Willow

Pssst, what's your email? >>'
~Willow

ETA: Oooh! Baby and teen done :D

Solistia

FYI, The pose of the female is very difficult to cert, since she's very long, but the majority of her body is on the left, but the male is also very long, but the majority on the right. In order to ease certing, you'll need to horizontally flip all the females for certing.

Based off the information you've given me, I've come up with the following

It by no means has to be the final product, I can still tweak and adjust things to your liking :3

Willow

Hmm, Well the actual cert is great, you've used the theme wonderfully :D
However, if you could make the text smaller, and then thin it out that'd be great, because I wasn't looking to put the Striders on the cert, just next to it, so then they don't have to be resized or flipped :)
Would you be alright doing that?
Thanks!
~Willow

Solistia

So....the striders aren't going to be on the actual cert? (am I understanding right?)

What I could do, is line up two columns of text/info, and then place the striders in the area below, which would easily accommodate both males and females
Such as:
(have the ID in the top right corner)
Name: Show Name:
Keeper:Personality:
Lineage:(Father)Lineage:(Mother)
[image of strider]

Willow

Yeah, my plan was to have something quite thin and more of a rectangle than square.
For example, perhaps having 'Name:' in large text, then having the name in smaller text underneath.
I was also planning on having the Strider placed next to the box, which then leaves room for various gears and familiars :)
Sort of like this;

Sorry if this is a pain for you X3
Thanks!
~Willow
ETA: I may make the actual creatures a little bit smaller :3

Solistia

Okay, I'll try one that way as well, but just to show you, here's what I had in mind to give them plenty of space :3

Willow

Again, I feel like they're smaller than I'd like, and if the creature is bigger, that means that the cert needs to be bigger, so we'd end up with a very large cert, and I think I'd prefer something a bit simpler :)
I've already thought of resizing them to this;

To make it less of a big image, it's just about finding a balance ^^'
Ty <3
~Willow

Solistia

rightright, Once I get back form work, I'll mess with the cert a bit more and see what I can come up with :3

Willow

Willow

Familiars done!

Broadwing

Canid

Snapper Mantis

So now that's everything, I just need the cert and items and I can get them going :D
<3
~Willow

xenon

I'm glad I was able to help. <3 It was a lot of fun all around, and seeing the finished product in action is quite rewarding!

Willow

*clings*
You hould feel proud,you've helped bring them to life :D
<3
~Willow