News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*CDA* Votes Needed

Started by Umm Gaia, January 19, 2013, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umm Gaia

Okay I have taken over the register part of the adoptable to keep it running smoothly.  First thing I noticed was that the fee is only at 5k per month, which is 60k a year.

This seems fine, but then you get added bonuses.

* You may keep 4 babies in a breeding you made instead of 2
So double what you could as a non registered.

* 1 Out of Season Breeding Box per every 2 months
An in season box is worth 10,000 sg in the store, so let me estimate this is about 250,000sg.  So if you pay yearly, you get 6 of them, which would have the value of 1,500,000sg

* 1 Magic Feed per every 2 months OR 1 Fruit Basket per every 4 months
Magic feed bag allows for a fantasy litter, and those are worth 125,000sg for one, so for a yearly payment you would get 750,000sg worth.  If you choose to go the Fruit basket route you get one less often, but if we assume it is 300,000sg then you still get 900,000sg a year worth.

So for a yearly fee of 60,000sg you get 2,250,000 - 2,400,000sg worth of items as it stands right now

Please also feel free to leave some feedback, I am just trying to get a tester out there to see if it is worth it to change it

ETA: If wild and I decide to change the price it will go into effect right away for those who register a new den, and will go into effect when people who have registered dens go to pay again
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Wildfilly94 posts in Green
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

YourLoveOnly

I think it is so cheap so that people with barely no SG and no own adoptable shop can always afford it without being worried about not being able to pay. I know this is why FCFC fees are set as they are. But I agree with you it is very cheap for the amount of work involved.

I totally do not mind prices being raised, but then I have my own adoptables to generate income so I can see how my opinion might not count much XD Like AAA, registering 4 breeds in a single Cattery or Kennel is 40K a month but also gets a 2nd bed, so 2 beds a month for 40K, I think that is very cheap. But I also see how 40K a month may be hard to raise when you don't have any pets to sell.

I am afraid by keeping prices so low everyone will register every single species that CDA releases and while it's nice that everyone joins in on the fun it should also stay manageable for colorists to keep up with all those extra breedings. Those breedings aren't regular events, they are turned in through PMs and people also want lots of active event threads.. So I say raise them because I do fear it will become overwhelming if it stays this cheap.

If you think about it, let's say it was 25K per species. For this you get an out of season breeding every 2 months, so 6 a year. Average rodent litter size has been 4, that is 24 babies. Even selling just one of those should be able to earn you your yearly fee, I think you can easily sell a rattie baby for 300K. It should still be affordable for everyone.

And I think something important is, this was meant to be something extra, not something everyone does for every species. I know Wild plans on adding tons more, let's say we end up with 10 CDA species. 15 active followers register for every species. That's 150 registered ones, so 75 beds a MONTH. That does not seem to be a manageable workload. But I think even raising prices may cause this problem, so maybe instead of raising prices a ton limit the amount of species you can register? Like only 3? And if you want to add another species that is later released you could unregister one of your previous species. This way registering stays affordable while the workload stays manageable.

Sunchaser

I wouldn't mind seeing the prices raised even though i don't have one yet.

red_uni387

Maybe instead of changing the price, you guys could alter the bonuses?

Personally I think keeping 4 per litter is a little too much, especially when trying to keep inbreeding out of pedigrees. Three seems plenty enough; a male, a female, and one extra.

How 'bout an out-of-season box every 3 months? How often are breeding seasons going to be? Four per year already seems like plenty, and it's not like they disappear if they aren't used.

Fantasy colored critters are already supposed to be rare, so giving out magic feed bags so often seems to just defeat the purpose. I would be totally fine with just having the option of magic feed bags or the fruit basket every 4 months.

Just my 2 cents ^^'

Bunraku

I don't think the amount we are allowed to keep for babies should be altered at all. I prefer this, because I purposely do not use fruit baskets so that I WONT have to give any of my babies away if I don't want to, and paying for being a breeder ensures that if I do a regular breeding, I won't have to. I don't know if anyone else feels the same about that, but my personal preference for breeding is that if I breed it, I want to know I can keep it.

I feel the option to not have to give away babies should still be present, and since a normal breeding throws 3-4 if I remeber correctly, leaving the average we are allowed to keep as a breeder allows the liberty of keeping babies and not being forced to give them away.

I wouldnt mind seeing the prices raised, I'd willingly pay more just so that I could have the security of keeping my babies mine.

Wildfilly94

QuoteFantasy colored critters are already supposed to be rare, so giving out magic feed bags so often seems to just defeat the purpose. I would be totally fine with just having the option of magic feed bags or the fruit basket every 4 months.

Just to let you know, Magic Feed bags are actually not rare anymore. I decided to make them more openly available since the snakes came out. Now its the Fruit Baskets that are rare, because its more work for the colorist.

PM and I are happy to hear your comments and suggestions on thise topic, and once we get a significant amount of votes, we'll make a decision together ^^

Sunchaser

I dont know if this would help but i was thinking about this last night and have been trying to figure out a way to phrase it.

What if you did instead of just registering dens, maybe create a sponsorship program that lets the members interact with each other and those that are a part of the program partner with a registered den to get SOME of the bonus's (whatever they could be even if its just the breeding ones) and they pay a smaller fee to the den and/or to the registered den to become a part of the program. That way you can raise your prices and those that aren't about to pay, would still get some of the bonus's by working with others.

I doubt i phrased that right but at least I hope you get the idea :)

red_uni387

Oh; didn't know that ^^ I still think the bonuses should be spaced out more, since 2 million SG is quite a bit of money

Kahlira

Am trying to figure out what this all means.. But hey! If ya need to charge more, I'm all for it, since as it's said, we do get so much for so little =D

Would this mean though, that if we have paid in advance, we have to pay more?

PonyMama

Quote from: Kahlira on January 20, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

Would this mean though, that if we have paid in advance, we have to pay more?

Kahlira it states in the first post that those who have already paid (for lets use a year as example as many did) that the new price would not go into effect until you go to pay again on that den
if you chose to start a new den, then the new price would be in affect right away, but what people have already paid will still stand until the time runs out

It would be unfair of us to say well you are paid until October, but since we raised our prices we are only giving you another two months unless you pay the new price.  We would not do that

Kahlira

Ohhh XD A lot of words were up there XD Missed it. lol! So cool beans then =D