News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gryphions-Redeeming Your Presents!

Started by Gryphions, December 27, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Wild I think that's because we had to pick from premades in Gryphion Secret Santa, not the main account.

Wildfilly94

Nope. Not it; I picked them out from her join.me. She has them marked but never uploaded them, I guess.

SkySong

If it will be easier on the colorists, I will turn my 2 semis in for 1 Full.

Full Custom-
Name: Evening Earth
breed: Gryphion
Base color: Rich darker brown
Eyes: Green
Mane (males only): N/A
Tail: Brown darker than base
Wing feathers: A little more tan than base
Main beak: Silvery tan
Beak nostril: Medium brown
Markings:
1.Fade on the belly
2. Leopard spots
3. Wing fade
Marking colors:
1. Tan
2. Cream with subtle brown fade spots
3. White towards the tips
Anythign else? Nope!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

CutieePiee

I just realized I have not redeemed anything I got for Christmas.  :o

I peeked to see if I can claim my 4 premades, and looks like there aren't enough for me to choose from... Am I too late?

Neocridders

Cutiee - If Sunny ran out of premades, I'll make some for you to choose from.

CutieePiee

Thank you! No rush though of course. After all, I waited THIS long to claim them. xP

Winged

I'll trade 2 of my semis for one full custom. That'll leave me with 3 full customs and 2 semis as well as 4 premades. Should i post the other custom forms here too now? I was waiting for slots to open and you to be feeling able to do these. Don't want to stress you :)
Owner of Gliders!

Sunchaser

I am probably going to have it be a free for all soon, you can post your full custom form because I am accepting all Full customs even if slots are not open.

And yes Neo if you could do some premades that would be great just put them in the gryphion secret santa account :) and I will get things uploaded soon! promise! I have not forgotten you guys its just been crazy.

Gryphions

This is Neo, I'm currently making and adding new gryphs to the secret santa account. Hopefully I'll get more made and added today. I've made 4 so far.

CutieePiee

Ooh pretty ones do far! Can we start bidding on them?

Gryphions

I forgot to put them up for bid. I'll do that later. I (neo) don't think I have the password to that account so I won't be able to accept the bids. But I can put them up for bid and Sunny can accept bids. I'll put them up for bid when I get back from dentist.

CutieePiee

Gryphions

Actually I don't think I can put them for bid. Sunny will have to do that.

Sunchaser

The way to claim the premades got changed so that you must post here with the link to the premade coupon as well as the ids of those that you wish to claim. Then I just move them to your account instead of making you bid. That way people do not have to worry about bidding and getting outbid it just got moved to a first to post.

Sorry neo I can get you that account info if you need it I wasn't thinking. I do apologize guys it has been more hectic latly when I thought things would settle down with us getting a bill that we can't even pay and having to deal with insurance getting to pay it plus my foot that was in a cast in november has not stoped hurting since then and Im trying to get the nerve to go back because i was having panic attacks with the cast and really don't want to go back into it, plus parents could be losing their house and blah blah. So I promise its not stupid stuff that is keeping me away and unable to do the gryphions it is lots of crap. I hope you guys can understand and don't hate me for the wait.

CutieePiee

Sunchaser

Okay this is what I see that has been posted that needs to be done.

Username: Bunraku
Mother link: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=555722
Father Link: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556691
Coupon link: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=557069
Do you want baby images or adult images? Adult

Kahlira:
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556663
Full Custom-
Name: Secret Fantasy
breed: Normal
Base color: EDFAF7
Eyes: FFB800
Mane (males only):
Tail: FF00EF
Wing feathers: FF00EF
Main beak: EDFAF7 striped with FF009E
Beak nostril: FF009E
Markings: Zigzags
Marking colors: FF009E
Anythign else?

Full Custom-
Name: Forbidden Desire
Base color: F3F2F7
Eyes: Fb9B4D
Mane (males only): FF0072
Tail: FF0072
Wing feathers: FF0066
Main beak: F3F2F7
Beak nostril: FF0072
Markings: Zigzags
Marking colors: FF0066
Anythign else?

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556657
Full Custom-
Name: Java King
Base color: C0FFEE
Eyes: C0FFEE
Mane (males only): C0FFEE
Tail: C0FFEE
Wing feathers: C0FFEE
Main beak: C0FFEE
Beak nostril: C0FFEE
Markings: Coffee cup rump mark
Marking colors: F8F8F8~Cup CC9933 coffee color
Anythign else?

Full Custom-
Name: Snowfox
Base color: 9F96A8
Eyes: Black
Mane (males only): White
Tail: 9F96A8 tipped in white
Wing feathers: White
Main beak: Black
Beak nostril: White
Markings: Cheek fluffs, underbelly, and uh, mouth area?
Marking colors: All white
Anythign else? Scarf! Red scarf!
http://www.wdrb.com/story/16078502/slideshow-snowfox-and-friends

Kadana:
Coupon Link: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556656
Full Custom-
Name: Name Me
Image Link: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg222/Kadana-Sorano/Contest%20Entries/Pelvicachromis_pulcher_freshwater_f.jpg
Anythign else? Please put "from From Midnight Phantom" in the agency info or Description box.

Full Custom-Need to upload
Image Link: (pic is for the moon, not the tree lol) http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg222/Kadana-Sorano/Contest%20Entries/484601_440888589266691_614922727_n.jpg
Anythign else? Please put "from From Midnight Phantom" in the agency info or Description box.

Coupon Link: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556668
Full Custom-
Image Link: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg222/Kadana-Sorano/Contest%20Entries/37081_511359745552908_1982199977_n.jpg
Anythign else? Please put "from From Whimsy" in the agency info or Description box.

Full Custom-
Image Link: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg222/Kadana-Sorano/Contest%20Entries/551581_511334208888795_645996070_n.png
Anythign else? Please put "from From Whimsy" in the agency info or Description box.

Skysong
Full Custom-
Name: Evening Earth
breed: Gryphion
Base color: Rich darker brown
Eyes: Green
Mane (males only): N/A
Tail: Brown darker than base
Wing feathers: A little more tan than base
Main beak: Silvery tan
Beak nostril: Medium brown
Markings:
1.Fade on the belly
2. Leopard spots
3. Wing fade
Marking colors:
1. Tan
2. Cream with subtle brown fade spots
3. White towards the tips
Anythign else? Nope!

premades

4 for cutiee that need to be moved
8 for wild that need to be uploaded
2 for Kahlira that need to be uploaded
2 for pink that need to be uploaded
1 for bunraku that need to be uploaded.

Is there Anything else in this thread that I missed that has already been posted? Hubby is gone for the day so I want to try and knock these out for you guys.

Eta: All premades from my join mes have been uploaded. Ill move your stuff cutiee in a moment I am going to switch comps so i can use photoshop instead of gimp for the gryphs that I am working on. Again I am sorry guys don't hate me :(

Gryphions

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=557073

Full Custom-
Name: Eternal Inspiration
Base color: White
Eyes: Purple
Mane (males only):
Tail: Cyan, purpleand magenta
Wing feathers: Cyan, purpleand magenta
Main beak: Cyan, purpleand magenta
Beak nostril: Cyan, purpleand magenta
Markings: dots around her eyes and on her hip
Marking colors: Magenta and purple
Anythign else?
http://im1.ponyisland.net/gallery/226754/42240.jpg

Full Custom-
Name: Bad Juju
Base color: Grey
Eyes: Purple
Mane (males only):
Tail: Black and purple
Wing feathers: Black and purple
Main beak: Black
Beak nostril: purple
Markings: Cracks, stitching, pins, V on shoulder
Marking colors: Purple pins and V, blackish for the rest
Anythign else? maybe a purple chain?

Ref Pic: http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb104/country_gurl1686/Myxi/167Countrygurl168

forgot about country's. I have your first one done im going to be doing bad juju today if all goes well.

Kahliras secret fantasy and forbidden desire have been uploaded.

Cutiee your premades have been moved to your account :)

Gryphions

I got a lot done today but my left hand hurts like hell. i ended up fixing my husband lunch and a thick glass bottle smashed from the top onto my head. im covered in little cuts fortunatly none on my head because i blocked it with my left hand but the glass smashed on the floor and legs are cut up. so im hoping to get more done later but right now i must stop

Gryphions

Well, me and Sunny decided to not do the normal breed for Kadana's gift. Hope that's ok!

-Neocridders

YourLoveOnly

Ooooh we are allowed to request the new breed? :D

Gryphions

I'm not sure yet. I'd rather only have a few out. So I don't want to say no, but I think one per person for this christmas event, since they weren't supposed to be with this event anyway. Me and Sunny just thought the new breed worked really well with that request.

Since I'm the one with the files for them right now, I'll have to do them. And I'm suddenly gotten really busy with a huge project due next week. So... life got crazy again. XD I'd rather not give out too many yet. Especially since I'm so busy.

-Neocridders
ETA: That answer was really unclear. Umm... Neo is really busy right now and needs to get on her homework. I'm not sure if I'll have time in the next week or two to make customs or anything.

YourLoveOnly

So I think if I understand correctly the answer is max. of 1 per person and do expect to have a wait on it? That would be fine with me :)

Gryphions

Sunny and I will need to talk this over. This is her event.
But yes, expect a wait. I'd prefer to not owe anyone anything right now. Maybe Sunny and I can talk. I don't want anyone to be changing already posted forms or anything.

YourLoveOnly

That's understandable. I have some full custom vouchers but have pretty much all my characters already so that's why I asked, maybe I can get some I already have in the new breed as well. Have been trouble thinking up stuff, so that's why I haven't posted more forms yet but will try to asap.

Neocridders

Sunny and I have discussed it, and we have decided that this Christmas even will not include any of the new breed for customs. This was a special case.

Don't worry, more new breeds will be released, and customs will happen eventually, but for the time being we are going to give them out slowly, and since they weren't originally available for this event, we aren't going to have them be an option.

Ryuukokoro

Aw, I had really been hoping to use some of my tags to get some Gryphions in the new lines. :\ I wish I knew what Kadana's form had to get such a special one for hers.

Sunny, could you take my tags out of my pet page? You could give them to someone else if you want. I don't plan on turning them in at this point.

Neocridders

There wasn't anything special about that form. Me and Sunny wanted to do something special randomly for the first one to go to the public. It wasn't a 'fair' thing to do, sorry everyone. It was an artistic license that we took on that specific custom form.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. I promise that eventually customs will be available, as well as some free events. We weren't planning to give any out with this event.

Country

:o

I love her!!! Thank you so much! Sorry, had to brag lol.

And I hope you are ok, taht sounded like a rather nasty accident...and like something that would happen to me lol. It has been a few days since my last accident int he kitchen...knock on wood >.>

CrystalAngelNeko

Sorry for the confusion... but I have http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=556676 that and I'm not sure if I can claim them now, or when a slot opens? It might just be because its early morning ^.^'  Sorry for the pain!

YourLoveOnly

I think now that you have done that it would have been more fair to let everyone else have just one as well, beside the fact that I don't fully understand why we can't have anyway (I did read you being busy, but I don't think I saw why Sunny can't color these files?). I don't see how them not being released during the event affects their availability, since people were buying vouchers to be turned in at a later point, not buying customs that were colored during that event. I know Elenaria had the same type event and they are allowing everyone to use the vouchers for the breed they released this week, since it's a voucher and it didn't have a time limit on when you have to turn it in so I expected we could just pick from anything that is available/released. If it's a breed you plan to keep more limited/rare than the other breed(s) I understand putting a limit on them, but not having them available at all doesn't seem very fair to me when one person did get one. And from what I have been told in the past the barn gryph is also more rare than the normal one, but they are available without a limit, so I had expected these would too. Unless it's like a special elder stage thingy like Okibi have, but if it's just another breed in my opinion a full custom is a full custom. The form does include a section to pick a breed so if people want they can get all theirs as barn gryphs, which are also more rare right? Personally I do not collect barn gryphs so I would have liked this chance to get a less common breed with my full custom too. I don't see how one is different from the other because I have never seen a time limit on when we could turn in these vouchers.

@Crys; Sunny said we could post whenever now and that she was going without the slots system at this point.

Country

I don't think people should be guilting the artists about this. This is their adoptable after all and they don't have to be doing any of this at all. I think we should all be thankful for what we are getting and be happy. I know I am still waiting for some things from adoptable owners taht are complaining about this and I have decided taht i probably won't be getting since its going on 5 months now since the event was held.

I understand that they don't want to get overwhelmed, its hard to work on everything RL throws at you when you know you have extra stuff that you really didn't have to do to begin with looming like a big scary monster. Its rather disappointing to see people giving them a hard time about it and acting like spoiled kids over the issue. I for one would like to thank Sunny and Neo for what they have done and are doing.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but its no worse than what some of you have already posted and I think it's wrong for you to attack such great people.

YourLoveOnly

My event was end of december, so defenitely not 5 months, and is 80% done too, but it was a couple hundred pets and I upload at once, so I hope that was not directed at me and even if it was, I know I am working on them multiple times a week so won't feel offended by it. I also personally never mind any amount of wait, so I do not wish to rush the artists. I just do not see how picking one breed over another is extra work, it is still the same amount of customs right? So I do not really see the things you mention. I was just wondering about the reasoning behind it, since picking a breed for full customs is an option so I don't really understand why we can get the more rare barn gryphs with no limit at all but not this new breed. I am not trying to force the artists to change anything, I am just honestly curious. I get keeping rare breeds rare, but then why is there no limit on the barn gryphs? That just kinda confuses me.

Country

QuoteThis is their adoptable after all and they don't have to be doing any of this at all.

It is their choice. Just like you choose to only do markings and genes that you already have templated right? And no, that part isn't directed at you personally, but instead of just taking it in stride you are complaining about it. These lines were not available when this event was done, therefore they do not apply to these customs/semi-customs. I can understand that. They don't say "All breeds, new and old" on them. They just say customs and the event they were given away in these lines didn't exist. Sunny is doing the work for these and she doesn't have these lines. I don't see why everyone else doesn't seem comprehend this.

Maybe they just aren't ready to do a full release of this breed just yet.

Sunchaser

Thank you country.

If you have complaints please pm the account rather then posting it on the forums. I had asked new to do it special because I wanted to give a gift to katana for her mother being in the hospital. I give gifts out a lot and have never had a problem before. I will talk to neo and see about doing on per person but if you wish to trade in your tags for sg I will do that too or you can wait and when customs for that breed are going then I would honor them. It is up to you but understand this was not done in a malicious way but was meant as a gift for someone going through a though time.

YourLoveOnly

I totally didn't think you guys were being mean or whatever, I was just confused. From what Neo said we can never get the new breed with these vouchers, but now you are saying we can choose to hold onto the vouchers and get new breed customs at another time. I totally do not waiting if this is really the case, I would really love some in the new breed and honestly don't really have any immediate wants for customs. The only thing I do not have in the main Gryphion breed is my real life pets, so I /could/ get those but since Gryphions have such a different body (wings and beak etc) I hadn't really planned to get those mimics. If it's the only thing I can turn my vouchers in for I will do that, but I would prefer being able to hold onto the vouchers until I have something I really want to get :) Although if that happens, is it possible to put vouchers in our inventory instead of the petpages?

Sunchaser

I will talk to new and get things figured out. The vouchers are meant to be done by me and when we get to the point of truly releasing these guys I do not mind my customs being done with vouchers. I will not say the same for neo or our future colorists. But as of right now I do not have the files and I know neo is busy.

Kahlira

Adding my two cents in though it's probably not needed.

Would I love to get my hands on the shiny new pretty breeds? You bet! Am I going to complain that Kadana got one and I didn't? Nope. Personally I think they're awesome and they will be worth the wait to get them. Right now they have the shiny new factor, which appeals to everyone. Give them time to do the actual release then perhaps you may get one. Or perhaps not. I don't see why everyone is in such a tizzy over this.

Ryuukokoro

@Country - I know that passive aggressive snip was meant at me, and I don't appreciate it. I have for the past two weeks been redoing all the uploaded Okibi (over 300) to fix some shading and other issues, and if you don't believe me I can give you a list of people I have pm'd asking if they wanted their Okibi redone. In fact I was working on your prize last night, since I finally finished fixing shading issues. I have it half finished but now I don't think I'll be working on it today because I'm so upset about your comment, it would just come out awful. I don't know when I can even look at your Okibi without an angry feeling now. >_<

In regards to this event, I was very sad to see we wouldn't be able to use our vouchers to get the new breeds, and I felt confused and treated unfairly. I agree with what YLO said, it was just confusing to see someone else get one and then be immediately told that we couldn't. I understand making a special gift for someone who is having a bad time, but why didn't you just give her the gift rather than post it here and make it part of this event? The reason I asked for my tags to taken back is because, like YLO, I have all the characters I want as Gryphions already and didn't know what I could use the tags until I saw the new breed and thought 'Ah, here's something I can do!' I was excited and looking forward to turning them in. Since there has never been any limit on Barn Gryphions, I assumed the same would be true for the new breed as well, so I was really disappointed to see that wasn't the case.

Neocridders

((Can we please have a halt on posts for a moment, I tried to make a post and two new posts happened. Let's calm down for a second. I don't want to look like I'm avoiding this, i'm just trying to figure out what to say))

Neocridders

This escalated to a lot.
Let me say that this post is not meant as me yelling or being mean. I'm just saying this calmly.

~This was a gift. Not meant to be something that caused drama.~

I'm the adoptable owner - I'm not trying to be the dictator here and say who can and can't get one. They WILL be available. They don't even have a name yet, and I hadn't planned to give any out yet. Eventually they might not be so rare. Only a couple people have them, so of course at the moment they are ultra rare. I promise they won't be so elusive in the future. The breed isn't really officially released, so almost no one has any. At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what needs to happen with them, since they are new and I might have wanted to do something special with them.

Sorry that this little special gift turned into a huge problem.

Sunny and I are messaging each other back and forth trying to agree on what we are going to do and say. But when a new post pops up, and one of us hasn't responded, sometimes the best thing to do is please people, even if we haven't talked things over yet. So things got a little confused.

I am sorry you all got mad. It's not something I meant to be personally against anyone with 'she gets one, but no one else does! Muahahahahaa I rule this adoptable I do what I want'. This was meant as something nice. It wasn't meant to cause people to be upset. I'm upset too. I shouldn't have posted anything here. I kind of wish I hadn't even made the new breed now.

Comparing my adoptable to other adoptables, like the elder stage or the elenaria events, that's not fair. This isn't those. It's different. I might want to go in a different direction than anything else on here. I just don't know for sure so I didn't want to post everything that might happen with this breed yet. Some things are meant to be surprises.
*(Let me compare stuff to lupines for a minute) Lupines have a special mutation called Fawn. They are available only with RP or through breeding, but they need a special breeding item for them and are very hard to get. They are not available to everyone. Let me be clear this ISN'T where this breed is headed. But just because it is a different way of handling that mutation than its other mutations doesn't mean that it's wrong, or that since it's different than how every other adoptable handles things that it is wrong and unfair, or that everyone has to get mad since they can't get one. It's just a different way of how things work.

Thanks, Sunny, for holding such a great event where everyone was able to get so many customs. I know you've worked so hard getting these customs and things done. I don't think I'd be able to make so many in a short time. You're wonderful <3

As Sunny already mentioned, if you need to continue this, please send it to the gryphion account.

This whole situation makes me wish I hadn't shown anyone the new breed at all. This was meant to be something new and special. Sorry that this is tainting the new breed.

Sunny has messaged me saying that if you want to trade your vouchers for SG, you may.

At this moment, I don't want to touch the lines at all. I'm going to need a few days, maybe a couple weeks. I put my heart into them, so it's hard to see them causing problems.

Editing to add
I love the followers of this adoptable. I want to please everyone, but I had some ideas that I haven't figured out just yet. I hope you guys still love us too. It's hard that this has caused a problem. Please just know we aren't saying these things to be mean. We have reasons behind doing what we do.

Winged

I completely agree with you Neo, and support your choice. It's your adoptable, so completely up to you when you release the new breed. They're lovely lines, so i will be very happy when they are released, but nothing wrong with a wait xD No problem with your decision here.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I agree too and like I said, I have no problem with waiting. I didn't mean 'GIVE THEM TO US NOW >=(' or whatever :P I just would like the option to save these vouchers and at some point down the line turn them in for customs of the new breed and was trying to figure out if that was or was not possible and why. I do not mind if that option takes several months of waiting either, I never expected them to be given out in mass amount right now.

Ryuukokoro

I agree and I like YLO's idea, I think that would be a great idea if we could save the vouchers for some future use.

YourLoveOnly

Technically that was Sunny's idea, she mentioned that she wouldn't mind accepting the vouchers as payment when she opens custom slots at some point. I like the idea too, if Neo is behind that.

Neocridders

Just so you guys know, the 'random gift' that started all of these was a random thing, but it goes with the backstory/personality that me and Sunny are forming. We aren't going to tell you guys too much yet because we don't know yet.

If sunny wants to take some vouchers at a later date, I'd be ok with that, but I still say one per person. I think that one per person is very reasonable, especially since they weren't meant for this event at all.

The thing that happened here goes with part of the backstory. I didn't want to reveal it until everything was worked out (and it's not worked out yet, so I was hesitant to even mention it at all. And I'm still not going to reveal much yet). It'll be interesting XD

Sunchaser

Can a admin please lock this thread. I will be creating a new thread for voucher turn ins that will have more clear information about how the new breed will work with the vouchers as well as letting people trade vouchers in for other things.

YourLoveOnly

You can lock your own thread Sunny if you are logged into the account that made the thread :) There is a Lock Topic button at the very bottom of the page.