News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] The Prettiest "Foals" Ever :)

Started by Ravvana, August 03, 2012, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

I'll start by introducing you to my very first Fjord, the second palomino dun Fjord on Secundi. She is a bit more yellow than her mother, but her dun really stands out and I adore her big fat star

Then my two Gypsies. First, this mare completes my long-term breeding project of roan tobiano Gypsy mares with black, bay, chestnut, and brown bases. Her pedigree is really long by my standards (7 generations), but she is not inbred and, after five seasons of aiming for brown roan tobiano, I could not pass up the chance!

And a stunning sooty buckskin sabino overo. I just noticed she has dun barring, too, so I'll have to ask about that XD; But I love her.

Lastly, my two AMAZING Mustang ladies :) I almost didn't claim this first mare, but leopard appaloosa proved irresistible. I'm so glad I did, since her leopard is very unique; I love her gathered it is.

And my very favorite of the season I saved for last. I had my fingers crossed for extra dapples on this sooty buckskin, and Silv once again read my mind. I at last have a dream coat, solid sooty buckskin, on my favorite mare lineart. She was also a total shock; mother is a bay roan and father a BC!

BabyKittenCandy

Very nice Rav! Loving the Appy Mustang gal! Huge congrats on them all!

Pinkshadow

They are awesome.

And sorry if i may not ask but what does "sooty" means in the coat?

YourLoveOnly

Sooty buckskin is a darker and dappled buckskin, so a different color, they just happen to both be called buckskin. Buckskin is bay + cream and sooty buckskin is brown + cream.

CutieePiee

I love the Mustangs! Your sooty buckskin girl is to die for. ^^

Wildfilly94

springacres

Wow, such a gorgeous collection of foals you got, Ravv!  BOTH sooty buckskins are to die for, and of course that palomino Fjord is just stunning too... and the leopard appy and brown roan tobiano... just... wow!