News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] Rounding up all my bribe brags :D

Started by springacres, November 02, 2012, 11:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

Even those I've already bragged about before... they actually have names now :o

Florica looks BEAUTIFUL in her brand new tack!  Light colored to set off her black markings and a purple pad because purple is the color of royalty and she's the queen of my quin herd :D

I had planned to name this girl something chocolatey, but kept drawing blanks.  Then one day Kenny Chesney's "Anything But Mine" came up on my iPod and it just fit her perfectly... cause from the moment I saw her description, I didn't see how she could ever be anything but mine.

I was going to call him Pepper Jack, but looked up "pepper" in the Gavanian dictionary search and right underneath it of course was "peppermint"... which sounded so much better as a name meaning.  (I prefer peppermint to pepper, myself) So, meet Abanditym - a sweet name to match his sweet personality and coloring!

Cadillac Jack Favor is also named for a song.  Once again, I had planned to name him something chocolatey; once again my iPod decided it knew better.  "He's Cadillac Jack Favor, and the name rings true..."

This guy was named before I ever saw him.  Black Mountain Rag is one of my favorite songs, and with him being a smoky black silver dapple, I just knew it would be the perfect name for him :D

I had planned to name this fellow Orange Blossom Special, but when I actually saw him, his coloring put me in mind of the song "Lemon Tree" (Lemon tree, very pretty/And the lemon flower is sweet/But the fruit of the poor lemon/Is impossible to eat...) and while Gavanian lacks a word for lemon, I decided Tuthen'kan (fruit tree) was a close enough approximation.

Aralie

Love Florica's tack, great colour choices!

So many awesome additions, will definitely be looking at your breeding thread <3

BabyKittenCandy

Florica looks very regal! And the other new additions are lovely! Congrats hun!

Pinkshadow

I LOVE the mini stud and mustang boy, but they are all beautiful :b

Kahlira

So many drool and stalk worthy in your herd. I am in love <3

Mega congrats!

skysnolimit

Wow, so perfect!  I also love naming ^^;  It brings me so much closer to my Quinsta.  Whose version of Black Mountain Rag do you listen to?  Doc Watson, by any chance?  *misses him*

springacres

Sky - YES!  Specifically the version he recorded on the Will the Circle Be Unbroken album, with Vassar (sp?) Clemens.  I miss him too.  Got to see him live twice; what an amazing gift he had!

skysnolimit

Oh, WOW!  I'm so happy that you got to see him live!  *fluffs you*  My Dad saw him live twice when he came to the west coast, and whenever I went east and south-ish I looked up his concerts but he was always way further south than I was.  So I never saw him.  But at least I tried, y'know?  ^-^;;  I grew up listening to his album Southbound (I looooove his voice from the 1960's, it's perfect!) and then later Third Generation Blues.  I think I got Black Mountain Rag from maybe the Essential Doc Watson album?  But those first two albums will forever be my favorites!  Tennessee Stud, Alberta, Southbound, I Gave My Love a Cherry, Gypsy Davey, and his rendition of Summertime. Sooo beautiful.

When I think about the perfect romantic life out in the countryside somewhere, I draw most of my fodder from his songs XD XD XD

So yeah, sorry for raving but this is so cool!  Thanks for the memories!  <3