News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Breeding help ^_^

Started by hiyoko, January 09, 2010, 10:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiyoko

Which pair should I breed next?^_^

ETA: Options are not limited to these, I just didn't want to post all of my dogs.lol

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

I'd breed the Salukis as they are already imported and there won't be any problems with the puppies pedigrees. Plus I think they are pretty and I would want a puppy. If you are going to import them all before you breed I vote the corgis.

hiyoko

YourLoveOnly

None of those are breeds I am into, so no pupsies for YLO.
But I vote Salukis, because I would love to see what puppies come out of that combination.

Pinkshadow

My vote is for Border Collies ;)

YourLoveOnly

Well if we're gonna start voting for breeds you didn't list.. xD
I'll say English Setters (your website says Irish, by the way) or Pembroke Welsh Corgis. ^^

hiyoko

Thanks YLO.lol I was editing it last night and I didn't think to look back here for their breed.>.< I am also curious as to what would come from that pair.^_^ Oh and which Pem male would you chose with my Taffy, Aoi (Bailey) or Tucker?

Pink: Which BC male? I have Keiro (blk/white), Adonis (Gold?/white) and Connor (brown/white).^_^

Pinkshadow

hiyoko ; Hmm i would take Keiro :D or Connor <3

hiyoko

It's so hard to chose between dog pairs.lol I love all of my dogs and they would all make cute baies.

BC (Keiro/Flye)- 1
Salukis-1
Englsih Setters- 1
Pem Corgi- 1

YourLoveOnly

I would love to see Taffy x Tucker for the Corgis ^^

hiyoko

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on January 10, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
I would love to see Taffy x Tucker for the Corgis ^^

Really? Me too.^_^ But with Taffy doing soo good at the comps lately I'm kinda hesitant, since she's half way to becoming a Champ.^_^ Than when I breed her, I'll have lots a puppies, well maybe.lol

YourLoveOnly

I think it depends on what you like.. Big litters are nice, lots of variety.
But you still only get to keep three of them. It increases the odds of getting 3 pups you really love.
But you will either end up not growing all of them or having lots of people owning your dog's puppies. I generally like smaller litters, because I don't want my dogs to have too many offspring and I like lots of color variety so I prefer breeding them with a different dog each time.
I would prefer 10 litters with 3 pups each rather than 4 litters with 8 pups pups each.

If she was mine I would probably breed her to get a smaller litter, then breed her once or twice again after she has more points. Then she would already have lots of pups running around. It depends on bed size and random dice roll of course, but smaller breeds to give more pups. You could end up with a litter of 8 or 9 pups!

hiyoko

Very true, I never thought about that. :) But it doesn't make chosing a pair any easier.lol

Pinkshadow

owh and your cockers, i loove your male cocker :D

YourLoveOnly

I know, I have several pairs I would love to see.
But if I get one vote it will go to Taffy x Tucker.
And I will be stalking to get my hands on a pup! ;)

hiyoko

I think I have an idea. 8) If I'm able to import the rest of my dogs here, before breeding opens again, I'll try and breed Taffy x Tucker. ;D (Cause I miss my rl Taffy and would love to see their babies) If I'm not able to import them, then I'll breed my Salukis. ;D Cause their coats are awesome, imo.lol

YourLoveOnly

Sounds like a good plan to me ^^

springacres

I vote the Salukis, just because they are so gorgeous.

Also, I now want a male diluted tricolor Saluki.  <333

hiyoko

Quote from: springacres on January 10, 2010, 02:51:57 PM

Also, I now want a male diluted tricolor Saluki.  <333

Of course you do, blame that on Ponymama. :D Cause it was because of her Greyhound that I got my Saluki diluted.lol

Garney

I love that girl too, I just adoooore diluted tris.

hiyoko

Yay, Garney is here.^_^ Do you think my Salukis would make cute babies?

red_uni387

Maxwell and Sapphire! I loved both the moment I saw them, and will be stalking for a puppy <3