News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Mare for my new Stallie?

Started by IvySpring, February 06, 2010, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvySpring

Unfortunately I do not have any mares yet, but I would realllyyyy love a foal out of my new beautiful stallion- anybody interested in letting me borrow their mare? :] (I have a foaling paddock)

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

I have this beauty!

AND this beauty, who's growing today! ;3 Snowflake Appy!

OH and this girlie:

IvySpring

Alright Splitty I trust you- as I saw your recent genetic mastery posts where you got a bunch of points for goal breeding >_< and I'm hopeless with genetics haha so which mare would breed the coolest looking foal? :D

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

Well lesse here... -ponders- He is a blue roan, yes?
Edit: Nope, blue roan. x3

IvySpring

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

AHAH. That changes a lot then. -ponders-

Lectral

Ooo, that definitely makes things more interesting - roan wouldn't have worked very well with the grey or the appy, the patterns might have cancelled each other out... but dun would be interesting with the appy or the palomino, depending on what else the parents are hiding in their genes.  The grey too, if she's not homozygous for grey

SplitX

Indeed. I think... Blue Dun + Black base Appy = Grullo or black appy? :3

Then... Blue Dun + Dunalino = Smoky Grullo, I think? Or just Grullo or Dunskin?

Then Blue Dun + Dapple Grey = Silver Grullo or Silver Black?

IvySpring

I really love the appys- so if breeding with the appy mare gives me a chance at getting an app foal could I do that please? unless one of those other colors is better- I honestly don't know what the other ones you said look like >_<

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

Dapple Gray is the first one, and Dunalino is the third. Or do you mean offspring? x3 If so, look up those coat colors on Google. <3 But yes. Appy always has a chance at Appy, but it has to be carried, at least, by both parents, I do believe. >_> Or Appy has to be stronger than the other parent's genes.

Lectral

they would only get silver if she is hiding a silver gene under the grey - grey masks everything - and silver and grey are completely separate genes

The Blue dun x dunalino could produce a straight dun... not sure of the shade, probably grullo or plain dun, depending on if the mare has the bay gene, which I think she has, in order to be a dunskin.  could also get the cream, which could produce the smoky grullo, I think (I think this pair would produce the most varied and interesting results, actually)

the appy one could be right, I'm not big on them, so I haven't really spent a lot of time learning how that set works XD

SplitX

Wait... Lectral; so you're telling me my predictions could possibly be correct? o-o

IvySpring

hahaha you know what- let's go for the dunalino. Sounds like it'd be the most fun, and they were the two horses won in the auction ;) is that ok Splitty?

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

Sounds purrrfect to me! -shot-
X3 If I were you, I'd guess Smoky Grullo, but... that's just me! xD Go ahead & submit the breeding on the board, and I'll post permission! Don't forget to guess in blue. :O

Tribe

Lets see >.> i have a a mare i havnt bred now to which one it was i do not remembr ill be back

IvySpring

If you have a foaling paddock Hunni I actually have another stallie that hasn't been bred yet :]

Venus and Zephyr

Tribe

There we are it was my blue dun roan girl. Though i dont believe shes the same gentic code as yours is. Idd have to ask ravvana.

YourLoveOnly

Ravv doesn't give genetic codes, that would make goal breeding unneccary. You never know for sure what your horse carries and if the genes that show are homozygous or heterozygous. Only thing Ravv will do is tell you the coat name that is already visible on your horse, not if they are homozygous or not and what they carry.