About 1 HP left, and a status condition... and it can't be captured?

Started by Neocridders, April 06, 2010, 05:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

I have been trying all day to catch Lugia. I have soul silver, so he is at level 40.

I have a level 42 ampharos, and not even she can let me capture him.
I mean, he was at about 1 HP (I thought he would fait, but there was the tiniest trace of red on the hp bar) and I had him paralyzed.  7 Ultra balls were no match even still!

Am I missing something? Can he only be captured with the Master Ball?
I was not hoping to use a master ball on Lugia. If anyone has any other ball suggestions, let me know.

Or ideas, etc. :) I'd like some advice if there is any, anyway.
:D

Has anyone else captured lugia with an ultra ball?

Pinkshadow

indigowulf

My uber-catching stratagy- a level 100 pokemon with false swipe and sing. And level balls.

Neocridders

Quote from: Pinkshadow on April 06, 2010, 05:03:53 PM
Mind me asking but WHERE are you playing pokemon?

What do you mean?
I am playing... in my home...
yes...
I don't understand your question...?

hiyoko

Any and all pokemon can be caught with some kind of poke ball. I would suggest a net ball (works well on Water- and Bug-type Pokémon) or dusk ball (easier to catch wild Pokémon at night or in dark places like caves.), but if you want a master ball I can give you one. As I still have quite a bit of them.lol

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Neocridders on April 06, 2010, 05:10:14 PM

What do you mean?
yes...

Oh sorry dear, i meant on what? computer or where? :o

Neocridders

Quote from: hiyoko on April 06, 2010, 05:11:14 PM
Any and all pokemon can be caught with some kind of poke ball. I would suggest a net ball (works well on Water- and Bug-type Pokémon) or dusk ball (easier to catch wild Pokémon at night or in dark places like caves.), but if you want a master ball I can give you one. As I still have quite a bit of them.lol

Yes! I'm in a cave... so it's a dark place... I wish I had bought a darkball before I got in the cave! Ahhh ha ha. I never used flash, I should have. I am so stupid >< It took forever to find my way, and now my brother says 'YOU NEED HEAVY BALLS! IT'S THE ONLY WAY!' so I'll need to get out anyway and then go back in... aw..

And... would that require wifi to get a master ball from you? Because I thank you for the offer, but I never bothered purchasing wifi... I should do that some time. I wish I were not in debt with the parents. How much does that wifi thing cost?

Neocridders

Quote from: Pinkshadow on April 06, 2010, 05:15:50 PM
Quote from: Neocridders on April 06, 2010, 05:10:14 PM

What do you mean?
yes...

Oh sorry dear, i meant on what? computer or where? :o

Nintindo DS, the game Soul Silver.

indigowulf

If you have a DS, you have wifi built in. You just need to go somewhere that has free wireless internet and set up a connection in the DS menu.

Pinkshadow

hiyoko

Yes, heavy balls work great too. I always forget those, as I never use them.lol Wifi is only an additional amount to your internet bill, I think. My mom pays, so I'm not too sure.

Neocridders

oooh
Do I need some code or something?
Because I would love to set up wifi for my game!

indigowulf

the internet itself wont change price, its a matter of having a router with wireless capability- or going somewhere with free wireless. sometimes standing outside a fancy hotel you can get it lol. sad but it works. but yeah, the router needs to have wireless, or the modem itself can be wireless.

hiyoko

Well depending on who your internet provider is, you could just go to Best Buy and buy a netgear and hook it up. Then it's just a one time fee, but if you have your internet connected to your cable tv, then you may have to pay for the wifi every month (that's what we have to do). When your netgear is hooked up, you'll be given a code (or the choice to pick your own password for your wifi).

Lectral

Technically, any pokeball has a chance of working, it's just matter of how the odds roll when you use one

My husband caught his with an Ultraball, but it was after several attempts with ultra balls, as well as other types.  It took a while XD  but he did catch it eventually

xenon

Heavy balls are awesome for catching legendaries, Lugia included. I caught mine with an Ultra Ball - sometimes it can take quite a few tries, though. I went in with a stack of 50 Ultra Balls, and I think I ended up using about 20 of them in the process. Very frustrating, so I feel your pain. :(

sera

Egads, i'm having the same problem with Ho-oh! D8 EVIL LEGENDARIES!  i haven't tried again with heavy balls and wotnot, but i ran through 10 premier balls and about as many ultra balls.  My problem is that when Ho-oh runs out of moves, it Struggles then kills itself with recoil. ><;;;;;

WE SHALL CATCH THEM! D8