News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Does anyone play.......?

Started by PonyMama, January 12, 2010, 08:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Evony?
I saw my hubby playing it and I thougth I would give it a go and now I am hooked.
I am only about 9 days in, but already got tons of resources, another city and even in a pretty nice alliance.

indigowulf

I dont play evony for 2 reasons: 1) established players are usually run by teenage boys who get thier kicks by crushing new players as soon as newbie protection is gone and 2) thier banners offend me. Not persay because the woman is all skin, but because, as another game banner points out, she has *nothing* to do with the game other then trying to sell thier game with boobs.

I do love the other game (cant remember what its called now) that has the banner add with a hot skin-showing female and the caption reads "she's actually IN our game, m'lord"

they gear thier ads for men who are ****s, and thats exactly the type of players they get. I get tired real fast of coming out of newbie protection and getting messages saying, "bow to me and pay me a tax each day or I will destroy you"

ahaha i found a  parody banner from another game!

PonyMama

yeah I don't read the little boy crap, I play for the sheer enjoyment, and was only attacked once, but once I joined an alliance the person who attacked me sent a message letting me know they wouldnt' have attacked em but didnt' want me to go without an alliance for that very reason.

indigowulf

well that guy who sent me that message, i didnt reply and didnt pay his tax he demanded, and he DID crush me out of the game. if you dont have an alliance to join when you start, you're screwed

PonyMama

I don't know but obviously you were on a bad server, but no matter where you go you can always meet someone like that.  I am playign on a pretty nice server, I am having fun, and that si the first time I have seen those banners, but I wonder how hard it woudl be for some teenage boy looking for attantion to make one just for kicks

indigowulf

lol those are the official game banner ads! They are quite famous these days

PonyMama

Never seen one.
I do see banners all the time on my proboards, but those are little towns with warriors.  Must have changed them to appeal to women, cause I have lots of girls ont he server I am on

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

I've seen both. They hardly use the scantly clad women banners anymore but they used to be really popular. They kinda encouraged me not to click.

indigowulf

somethine weird happened to the links, so i edited them to just leave the one i know was the actual sign up page when i signed up. lol.

Garney

I played Evony until my newbie protection was over, then I got crushed.

But yesssssssss Plants vs Zombies rocks the hardcore.

PonyMama

I guess I found a pretty good server.  So far doing good, plus I can transport all my stuff away from my first city if I am under attack.

Only been attacked once and they didn't really get much of anything, I have attacked one person, but I think they have stopped playing

JBGarrison72

Not really into the games where one individual is king, and there are 1000's of individuals, all who are also kings, randomly corralled into alliances of 12 kings or so, such that you have 100's of 12 king alliances randomly attacking each other.

I've played a few in the past so I'd have to hear why Evony were any better than its predecessors before trying it... if Evony had some unique differences that set it apart and it didn't fall into the pattern of games I just described, I'd most definitely be interested in checking it out.
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

red_uni387

the crushing once out of newbie protection reminds me of Travian D: except for that game you had to wait like 3 hours til they actually reached your village >.<

JBGarrison72

Travian was one of the examples I was thinking of.
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Kadana Sorano

I used to play, and enjoyed it quite well.  I was attacked now and then, but not overly much.  Some accounts were in an alliance, other's weren't.  Didn't matter which was in an alliance and which wasn't, they all got attacked equally.  But then, the alliance I was in wasn't huge.  It was just a small group of relaxed people who wanted to log on, enjoy themselves, with no pressure.

I pretty much quit when the alliance split over, made a new one, and got demanding and started trying to tell me how to play.  Screw that.  Tried finding a new alliance, as I didn't want to play entirely alone (and sister had quit by then as well) but there was no alliance I could find that didn't think they could tell me how to play.  Either wanting to force me to attack other players "because thats what the games about after all!" or telling me "you don't have to be an agressor, you can be a farmer, and just supply the group with goods.. but oh yea, that means don't build your army up you silly twit, they eat all your resources leaving none for us!".

yea, um, no.

And yes, when I signed up the very first time, I did so via the banner with the woman and her boobs.  I thought it would actually have characters I could see and control (sort of like wow) because she was pictured on the banner.  Was a disapointment when I learned otherwise, as I never would have signed up.. I'm not really big into strictly strategy games.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

YourLoveOnly

Okay, I know this was not the topic, but YAAAAAAY!
Plants vs. Zombies! ;D
I am addicted to that game xD

red_uni387

I think a lot of the people at school play plants vs. zombies....is it where you place plants in front of zombies to eat them? (I don't know how it works, so I might be describing it wrong XD)

YourLoveOnly

yes, that's the one. you should try it out, it's very addictive! :D

red_uni387

springacres

I used to, sorta gave up on it awhile ago though.  Too much other stuff going on.