News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Pokemon

Started by SplitX, February 01, 2010, 09:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

Well, who doesn't love Pokemon? xD I've recently lost my Pokemon Diamond, but, if I can scrounge up the extra funds, I get to buy Pokemon Pearl. n___n I'm so excited!

Here's the place to talk about Pokemon experiences, where you are if you're playing now, share tips, etc. Talk about the shinies you've found, too!

I'm currently playing Pokemon Leaf Green. I'm hunting for Pikachu in Veridian Forest. I haven't yet beaten Brock, but almost all 5 of my Pokemon are level 10, so I should be able to beat him soon. <3 I like training my Pokemon all together, 'cause having them at uneven level sucks later in the game. XDDD

red_uni387

I pick my team as I travel, then start training them evenly :) For Emerald I used Blaziken, Tropius, and my shiny Exploud to beat the Elite Four

Ryuukokoro

XD I am the ultimate old maid Pokemon nerd. I was a freshman in high school when it came out. But I'm totally old skool, yo. My team be Charizard, Vaporeon, Arbok, Dewgong, Lapras, and Raichu! Booya!

(Ryuu is silly when she first wakes up, ignore her)

SplitX

Ryuu, I used to have that EXACT same team. o___o;

Ryuukokoro

0_0 ....that's kinda scary....... *blink blink*

I also wrote a 100+ page fanfic series following myself as a Pokemon trainer and that team, and we all turn out to be chosen by a god in the shape of a silver dragon to bring magic back to Pokeworld. XD *hides in shame from totally corny writing from over a decade ago*

PonyMama

I am playign both Diamond and Platinum on two different DS systems.  I am all the way through diamond and train many of my favortie pokemon on that game.  Platinum I train ones that I traded from the diamond game so they level faster.

Right now on Diamond (which I have in front of me) I have a team which consists of:
Empoleon Level 93
Fearow Level 53 (just for fly right now)
Glameow Level 49 (training right now)
Shiny Mew Level 100 (just got in a trade)
Deoxys Level 50
Shiny Rapidash Level 69

I think I will replace the Mew with Palkia Level 66 (got in a trade so I have both)

PonyMama

Lapras has been my favorite for like EVER!  I too remember when pokemon first came out, I used to take the city bus home and make it home just in time to watch it.  So no matter how many new pokemon are discovered, Lapras alwasy has a place in my heart.  I do have one in my system I just have not started to train it yet.  ETA: Oh crap apparently I traded my last one, now I have to go get another one.

indigowulf

hehe i need to break my DS back out. I currently own every pokemon game you can play on a DS or the GBA, except Im missing I think the newest 2 mystery dungeons, and pearl. I even have Naruja or however thats spelled (orange)

Solistia

Actually, right now GameStop is having a free pokemon event =D (for a Pikachu-colored Pichu!) Just take your DS to any GameStop (or I believe EB Games store), and they'll have instructions to walk you through it (though the process is fairly simple, as I just did it myself XD).
The nice thing about it is, with this Pichu event, and the Jirachi one coming up, you can unlock things in the new HeartGold and SoulSilver coming out for the DS on March 14!

Jan 30 - Feb 14 Pikachu-colored Pichu event
HG & SS: Trade Pichu to the new games, and you'll be able to meet a special Spikey-eared Pichu (available ONLY if you get this Pichu)

Feb 27 - Mar 13 Jirachi event
HS & SS: Trade Jirachi to the new games, and you'll be able to use a special route on the PokéWalker called Night Sky's Edge (available ONLY by having this Jirachi)

From what I understand, you can only get one pokemon per game cartridge, so you won't be able to pick up any extras for friends or anything XD

I'm quite excited for HeartGold and SoulSilver ^o^ (this time ANY pokemon can walk behind you =D)

indigowulf

oh ya! my friend sent me a text about that! i need to get in there.

jirachi? ooh must have!

PonyMama

Ahhh I can't get to EB games, I wonder if online will tell me how to get it *runs off to search*

Oh seems it is not in Canada anyways from what I am reading, maybe I will phone EB Games

Solistia

Yeah, I had friends in Canada who were very disappointed that it wasn't going on in their area (I don't know why it would be US only, so unfair ;o; )

PonyMama

yeah very unfair, but then again we live in igloos and get around by dogsled right?  How would we have electricity to run a ds?

Solistia

And you're surrounded by moose and always say eh, eh? XD (It's funny, one of my Canadian friends does say "eh" out of habit, and he hates himself for it XD)

Perhaps if you have really nice US friends, they'll give you their Pichu/Jirachi through wireless friend-code trading? ;o;

PonyMama

Maybe.  I trade adoptables for pokemon I can't get
that is the reason for my Mew, Deoxys, Zapdos and a few others

Yeah all the moose live right in my backyard, they are my friends *Shakes head*
You don't know how many times I tell peopel I live in a desert and they think I am lying because I am Canadian.  and yeah I say eh on a daily basis, only cause it is part of my cat's name Behl.  Other then that no "eh" is in my vocab

red_uni387

wow everyone has a DS >> *is stuck with a gameboy*

SplitX

-snickers- It seems I've gotten everyone onto a Pokemon Craze. xDD
There'sanewPokemongamecomingout?! -can't breathe- O_O

PonyMama

red Uni I got a gameboy too, I play grreen, blue and silver on that one, as well as ruby

Solistia

Yes, in only a month and a half XD
Like FireRed and LeafGreen, it's a remake of the original Gold and Silver for GameBoy, but with LOTS and LOTS of new features and graphics XD
All games will also come with a PokéWalker, a little device you can carry with you everywhere you go, and your pokemon can train on different walking routes (and get special items and other pokemon while doing so!). Which is why it'll be nice to get the Jirachi from the event, to unlock a special extra route X3

SplitX

O__O Awesome!
So... are the Legendary Dogs back?!

Solistia

Supposedly there'll be access to a lot of legendaries (I heard you might be able to get the birds too! But dogs definitely!)

SplitX

-spazoflove- I loooooooove the Legendary Dogs. <3<3<3

SplitX

I just got Pokemon Pearl! :D

PonyMama

Congrast SPlitX.
If you ever need any of the Pokemont hat can't be found on pearl but can be foudn in diamond let me know I don't mind trading, won't trade Dialga, but will hunt for others.

SplitX

Awesome, thanks! ^___^ <3

I didn't have to pay a dime out of picket for it. I was excited! I traded in a ton of my old games (like... 10), and got $56 for them. I bought Pearl, and I'm saving the rest for a rainy day! ^__^

SplitX

I got my charger!

Now for the question: Turtwig, Piplup, or Chimchar? Isn't it that, if you pick Turtwig out to start, you get a chance at Suicune later? Suicune is my faavorite. O_O

PonyMama

Not a clue.
I always choose fire, it is just who I am
becasue I have platinum and Diamond I chose Piplup in platinum, but I hate using him

SplitX

I always chose Piplup. xD I think I was more for the... cute-sy-ness of it. x3 I think I'll go for Turtwig this time, though.

PonyMama

I love the look of Infernape, and the sheer power
Let me know how Turtwig is, maybe I can get the empoleon to breed and have a piplup to trade you, later on of course

SplitX

Ooh that'd be awesome. n_n
Is Platinum worth it...? -ponder- I heard it was way over-done, but that may just be me.

PonyMama

it is the same pretty much as diamond and pearl

SplitX

Really? Hmm. I'll have to look into it. <3

Edit: Shinx (Zen) is now level 6 & Turtwig (Munch) is level 8. x3