News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Silvanon's Stable Horses up for Breed

Started by Silvanon, February 12, 2010, 11:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

YourLoveOnly - sorry, I had misunderstood your question before.

Golden Dawn (Chestnut Flaxen Tobiano Blanket Appaloosa) x
Balance Beam (Buckskin Tobiano Overo)
- Definite possibilities: Baby could be Bay or Buckskin.  Tobiano, Overo and Appaloosa are definite pattern possibilities.  Appy can definitely be blanket, and Overo can definitely be sabino.
- Unknowns:  Black, brown, chestnut, black, sooty buckskin and palomino may be possible.  Non-tobiano, non-overo and non-appy may be possible.  If overo, splash and/or frame may be possible.  If appy, leopard and/or snowflake may be possible.

Golden Dawn is definitely a good match for finding out a lot of Balance Beam's genes (the e locus and n locus especially), and between the two of them they have lots of pattern possibilities.  I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for in the match or not, so it's hard to say if that's a "good match" to you.

YourLoveOnly

That does sound like an interesting pair ^^
I'm gonna guess Palomino Tobiano Appaloosa I think, just because I want that to happen xD
I didn't know you could get that out of that combination O.o awesome <3

Silvanon

Whether it's possible or not depends on whether Balance carries a chestnut gene.  Buckskin and Palomino are very close genetically.  Buckskin is cream on Bay, Palomino is cream on Chestnut.

Tribe

Hrmm..i may be able to use either your first or second boy to my advantage.

I have a grey fleabitten girl that id like to use and since they are both base colors i could possibly get the base her grey hides outta her..hrm.

Fwuffly

Silv - i think you piccies are in a muddle - Golden Sunset is pictured twice and Echo isnt pictured at all!

YourLoveOnly

I posted the request ^^

I was also wondering if I can reserve the first breeding of your stunning grey foal?
I would like to breed her to My Never, a red dun frame overo.

Silvanon

Fwuffly - thanks.  Yeah, they were in a real muddle.  Guess that's what I get for trying to update them so late at night. ^^  I think I've got them right, now...

YLO - I'm sorry, I was really waffling about whether to offer her for free breeds, and I find myself much more sure this morning.  She won't be available for free.  She will be available for a large fee (as will her parents).  Let me know if you still want a breeding.

SplitX

For Mud & Rainbow Snowflake; would their fee be like... 2 foaling paddocks together, or 2 horses together, or 1 of each? :3 'Cause I'd absolutely love to get some more Light horses, and those two are an amazing pair.

Silvanon

SplitX - Each of them individually is either a foaling paddock or a horse.  For the pair of them it's two items altogether, and it could be either 2 paddocks, 2 horses, or a horse and a paddock. 

I do want to add a warning that when I say that can throw any coat, I mean ~any~ coat.  (While unlikely) they could give you something as simple as a plain non-marked bay.  50% of Rainbow's babies will inherite papa's white gene, so they'll show plain white (although the baby could be hiding a lot of fun genes behind the white).

SplitX

That's fine! :3 I don't have any white-white horses, any way. =D
Lesse here...
Would you be interested in this boy?

And hopefully this girl as well? :3

Silvanon

They're both lovely, they'd make very satisfactory payment.  If you would, let's hold off on actual trading until Mud is available to breed again - she was bred just barely on the 6th, so she won't be available again until April 6th.  A lot can happen in a month, so let's reconfirm the deal then, and do the actual trading and breed permission giving then.

SplitX

CutieePiee

I have a question about your Chestnut flaxen horses. Wouldn't flaxen be a recessive gene? On the website, it says that:

FF- chestnut
Ff- chestnut
ff- flaxen

So wouldn't your Chestnut flaxen be ff? You have them as F?. From what I understand, wouldn't FF & Ff be regular chestnuts with no flaxen shown?

*is learning* ^^

Silvanon

You're quite right CutieePiee.  I'd gotten messed up on that at one point, I thought I'd gone back and fixed it everywhere, but I obviously missed it here. 

CutieePiee

Ah, Cutiee has challenged the Official Gene Nerd. xP

I've looked through all the threads that you've posted about the genetics and they have helped tremendously. I understand much more now. Thanks, Silvanon!  ;D

Tribe

I Have a flea bitten grey female, Im thinking of using her with copper or your black base leopard appy boy. Which would be better for finding her genetics under that pretty coat?

Silvanon

Hunni - Copper might tell you about the Chestnut locus E, and maybe about the Agouti locus A.  Brandir would tell you more definitely about the Agouti locus, A.  If you pick Brandir and the foal ends up appy (50% chance) then you may also learn something about the N appy companion locus.

Pinkshadow

New Suggestions :

For Copper :
Kayliee: Red Dun Tobiano Overo Appaloosa

For Bandir :
Morning Star: Chestnut Roan

For Golden Dawn or Mushroom :
Miley: Bay Frame Overo Paint
Selina: Buckskin

For Sasha :
Falkon: Bay Tobiano Paint
Fanjan: Chestnut Tobiano Paint

For Nanaea or Sasha:
Keen: Blue Dun Snowflake Appaloosa

Tribe

Oh man i have two ingenious breeds i wish you had a silver of some sort.

But do i have any horses your interested in silv? i really only have one grulla mare that i really would trade for sure but if theres something that really sways you i may trade for a breed with that white boy.

Silvanon

Pinkshadow - I'm not sure if you're asking which pairing I think would be good, or asking permission for all of those, or?

Hunni - I'm not going to be picky about what horses as long as the breed fee requirement is met.  (I feel like the fee is high enough already without my picking and choosing between your best stock.)  All I require is that you not place breeding restrictions on what you trade me.

Tribe

Okay well i got a breed with a white boy for now..but i still acutally wanna use your pair that you bred for you nice grey foal. If ylo dosnt want it when the girl opens i can offer that trade or i can wait till after ylo uses them and offer the trade.

springacres

Ooh, can't decide...do I want to breed Beau to Augite, or Echo?

...Which do you think, Silv?  I only have one foaling paddock, so I can't do both.

Silvanon

Springacres - Well, let's see.  First off, if you're looking for a breed immediately, go for Echo, since Augite won't be available until the 27th.  Appart from that, here's the breakdown:

Beau (Chestnut) x Augite (Black Leopard Appy)
- Definite possibilites: Patterns - Appaloosa.  Appy will not be snowflake. 
- Unknowns: Base coat might be able to be Bay, Black, or Chestnut, depending on whether Augite carries chestnut and whether Beau carries bay and/or black genes.  For the appy pattern, it might be able to be leopard and/or blanket.  Augite has one appy foal, it's not yet known if she can throw a non-appy foal.
My Best Guess would be: Bay Appaloosa

Beau (Chestnut) x Echo (Grey Tobiano Leopard Appy)
- Definite possibilites: Base coats - 50% chance of grey. Patterns - Appaloosa and Tobiano. Foal could inherite both.  Appy will not be snowflake. 
- Unknowns: If the foal isn't grey, the base coat might be able to be Bay, Black, or Chestnut, depending on whether Echo carries chestnut, bay and/or black, and whether Beau carries bay and/or black genes.  For the appy pattern, it might be able to be leopard and/or blanket.  A non-tobiano foal might be possible. A non-appy foal may be possible.
My Best Guess would be: Grey Tobiano Appaloosa

springacres

Echo definitely offers some interesting possibilities with the dual pattern (appy and tobiano) and I'm interested in adding appaloosa and paint coloring to my herd.  Besides which I love figuring out just what those greys are hiding :)  I think I'll go with Echo.

Silvanon

Sounds good Springacres!  Here's hoping for a beautiful foal!  :)

springacres

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Silvanon on March 11, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Pinkshadow - I'm not sure if you're asking which pairing I think would be good, or asking permission for all of those, or?

Oh im sorry , i asked witch you think would be good and such ;D

springacres

I just about died when I saw Beau and Echo's foal :)

So, apparently Echo does carry non-grey and is masking a non-chestnut coat.  And throws stunning foals.  :D

Pinkshadow

From my Post ; What 2 pair would you most to see and what would be your best quesstion in result on them? :D

Silvanon

Ah, thanks Pinkshadow.  That's much quicker to answer. ^^

I'd love to see Sasha x Fanjan.  My guess there would be Bay Roan Tobiano

Nanaea x Keen would be very interesting too.  My guess would be Dun Overo Appaloosa.  You'd have to wait until the 27th for that breeding, since Nanaea won't be available until then.

If you want a breed you can do right away, then I'd pick Copper x Kayliee, and my guess would be Chestnut-base Dun Tobiano.

I'll do out all the possibilites for those if you like.

Pinkshadow

Super :D I'll do the 2 availible now, and then on the 27th the one with keen and nananae :D

Silvanon

Silvanon