News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Doggie Coats?

Started by red_uni387, August 07, 2010, 09:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

I'm updating my kennel website and would like to include the dog's coat as part of the information I have on them. Unfortunately I have no clue what most of my dog's coats are! If anyone would be willing to help me figure it out, I'd be very very grateful <3 (and would send some SG your way too)

I think I know a few of them but just to be sure I would like other's opinions for all of them XD

Link to my page = http://www.secundi.net/pets.php?AgencyID=2&ID=55

note to self for new stable foal: Smoky black tovero (tobiano/frame) leopard

E? aa Cc rr dd gg ww Ll nn T? Oo PP ?? zz ??

Goddesss

Hmmmm this doggy is white.

Sorry Red.  I had to do it.  honestly that is the only one of your dogs I know.  After people teach you about dog coats you should stop by my pet page and teach me.

Ummmm yea I am delirious from lack of sleep. =)

red_uni387

lol goddesss, i needed that laugh XD you should probably get some sleep if you're delirious though ;)

Goddesss

Well yes I most likely should, but I have to leave the house to go to my sisters to have my sons birthday party in 5 hours.  The party isnt till tonight but I have to do all the shopping for the party before I get there and then when I get there I have to get everything ready.  I dont think i have time for sleep, but I am also not getting anything done. =)

Ryuukokoro

Hee hee, silly Goddesss. XD

These are my opinions! Not sure if they're 100% right. Anyone is welcome to correct me if they notice something I missed. :)

Brown: Niko (with white), Rose, Bear
Black and tan: Rose Blossom, Julie, Ruby, Blood Stain, Mary, Robin (with heavy white), Coffee
Chocolate and tan: Mocha
Black: Whisper (with white), Panda (with white)
Golden: River, Golden Rain (with white), Happiness (with white), Sunshine (with white)
Red merle: Rust (with tan), Fox (with white)
Blue merle: Ocean (with white), JulyPup2 (with white), Smokey Skies (with white and tan)
Black brindle: Rainstorm
Gray: Dream (with white), Cream, Wolf
Red brindle: Tarnish
Tricolor: Dessert, Demon
Sable: Hunter (with white), Hyde (with white), Guilt (with black), Forest (with black)
Fawn: Anabelle
White: Trinity, Bunny

Keilin Alyr

Some of your dogs, like River, I'm on the fence about. I'm pretty sure she's gold, but I've seen some photos of dogs about that shade who were advertised as blonde, cream, yellow, or fawn. *shrugs*

There are quite a few I'd get a second opinion (or artist's opinion) on, as dog coloration is really not my strong point. I'm more a cat person. =) Then again, for not knowing a lick about dogs, I really like to ramble about what I don't know much about. XD

Niko: I'm pretty sure this is Chocolate and White Bicolor. White splashing is not part of the breed standard for Labs, so I'm not 100% though.

Rose Blossom: Black and Tan.

Julie: Another Black and Tan, just with more black.

Whisper: Black and White, maybe Black and Silver if in breed standard.

Forest: Either Black and Red or Sable if in breed standard. Definitely not 100% though.

River: My money's on Gold, but maybe she's Blonde/Yellow or possibly Fawn. My eyes just aren't what they used to be. XD

Golden Rain: I have no clue if he's Red or Gold.

Rust: Red Merle I'm pretty sure about. The point color I'm not so sure.

Rainstorm: Black Brindle.

Dream: I want to say Blue and White Bicolor. Might be Black and White as well, I'm not quite sure.

Guilt: Umm... I want to say Sable, though I seem to say that for any dark multicolored coloration. I have no clue. XD

Tarnish: Brown or Red Brindle

Ocean: Blue Merle

Dessert: Possibly Black and Tan, though the white markings seem to suggest something more specific. I'm not sure. =)

Cream: If this were a cat, I'd say dilute tortoiseshell. XD He looks blue and cream, maybe a dilute black and tan, if there's such a coloration. Definitely get another opinion.

July Pup 2: I see Merle markings. I'd wait to see her fully grown before trying to figure out her coloring.

Hunter: Sable

Ruby: Black and Tan, just a darker shade than most

Blood Stain: Also Black and Tan

Anabelle: I'm pretty sure she's Red, if she complies with breed standard, which it looks like she does.

Demon: Hm, a Tricolor perhaps, give that his father is Tricolor? Not 100% on this one.

Mary: Black and Tan

Robin: This looks like a Beagle or Basset Hound Coloration. I'm going with regular (black, tan, and white) Tricolor.

Rose: Looks like another Red.

Bear: Definitely looks like another Red.

Mocha: If she's within breed standard, she has to be Black and Tan. She looks more Red and Tan though. Not 100% on her coloration.

Coffee: Black and Tan

Trinity: Definitely White, though I'm not sure if those beauty marks/spots are part of a specific coloration in another breed or just stray spots.

Smokey Skies: Blue Merle, just with some heavy tan

Panda: Black and White Bicolor

Bunny: It's a White doggy. He looks like a white bunny. ^_^

Fox: Red Merle

Hyde: Hmm... Gold Tricolor maybe, if that's such a coloration? The saddle-back marking is what's throwing me.

Wolf: Blue

Happiness: Those are some unusual speckled markings. I want to say Gold and White Bicolor, unless someone knows what breed those markings could be inspired from.

Sunshine: How cute is she! She looks like a Tricolor, maybe a Golden Tricolor if such a color exists (granted, I have a Golden Merle, which doesn't look to exist in nature either). Maybe get Silv's opinion?

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

springacres

Here's my take, although like several others I'm on the fence about some of these guys.

Rose Garden - Black and tan with black mask and extended saddle.

Julie: Black with tan points.

Niko: Light chocolate with white.

Whisper: Black and silver if you want her description to be in keeping with GSD breed standards, otherwise black and white.

Forest - Dark chocolate sable.

River - I'm on the fence about her, but I would say she's more of a cream shade.

Golden Rain - Ditto for being on the fence, but he looks like a light red to me.

Cream - Unusual color, but lovely.  I would say he's a blue fawn - my pittie Dove is a custom and was ordered using a ref pic of a dog described as that color. http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=136228  (And to answer your question, Keilin, there is such a thing as a dilute black-and-tan in dogs - it's called blue-and-tan.)

Rust - Red merle with tan points.

Rainstorm - Black brindle.

Dream - I would guess black and white - black and grizzle if you want to stick to breed standard descriptions.

Guilt - I would go with chocolate sable here although I'm not 100% sure.

Tarnish - Red brindle.

Ocean - Blue merle.

Dessert - Black and tan tricolor.

July Pup 2 - Black merle and white.

Hunter - Difficult to tell for sure, but he looks like he could be a chocolate sable merle to me.  You'd really have to ask his colorist though.

Ruby - Black and tan.

Blood Stain - Black and tan.

Annabelle - Red.

Demon - Black and tan tricolor.

Mary - Black and tan.

Robin - I personally refer to this coloration as "hound-marked tricolor" because it's a very stereotypical hound color.  (His parents are both mimics of dogs I met while volunteering at a shelter; his mom, in particular, was based on a Treeing Walker Coonhound.)

Rose - Red.

Bear - Red.

Mocha - Chocolate and tan.

Coffee - Black and tan.

Trinity - Looks to be a mostly white merle of some sort.

Smokey Skies - Not sure about him either, could be either blue merle tricolor or blue and tan tricolor with heavy tan.

Panda - Black and white.

Bunny - White.  XD

Hyde - Chocolate and tan tricolor.

Wolf - Blue.

Happiness - looks like a Beagle coloration, so I'd say lemon and white.

Sunshine - Yellow and white.

Keilin Alyr

Quote(And to answer your question, Keilin, there is such a thing as a dilute black-and-tan in dogs - it's called blue-and-tan.)

Oh, so it actually is just called blue and tan? Heh, way to make it more complicated for myself. XD Thanks for the head's up though. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

red_uni387

wow long lists O_O

Thank you so much for the help, guys :D