Suggestions for Quinsta Breeding?

Started by jojo, March 01, 2011, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

So I have this lovely grey boy:

Page Link
Name: Huata'patret (Ghost Prince)
Breed: Gypsy Vanner
Genetic code: ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? G? ww ll ?? tt oo ?? ?? zz B?
Grey (Generally willing, but occasionally nervous, a mover)
Offspring colors:

My question is: What would be an interesting combination with him? I'm mostly wanting to see what his genes are, but is there anything that grey is really useful in doing that people might want to see?

My breeding planning skills aren't that great. XD

toffeeca

If you are wanting to find his genes I would suggest finding a black mare to breed him with. Then you know anything that shows up is from your boy and not from the mare.

red_uni387

well i totally messed that up lol XD yay smart toff!

Silvanon

You know he's got at least one "e" chestnut gene, too, since his mother was chestnut.  And yeah, black is a good choice to find out what he's hiding.

Keilin Alyr

I'd go so far as to suggest black splash or frame overo personally, as you can test all your unknown traits with black (including your base agouti) and if the foal inherits overo, there's one of your overo positions. That, and even if your foal inherits its father's gray, overo does show up on gray coats if that is also inherited.

Running a quick search, there looks to be one black tobiano splash overo Vanner mare (Gepet'dier) as well as one black splash overo Shetland mare (Haniel). I think the former could make a nice RB trade candidate at some point. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

jojo

Oh Keilin, your Quinsta knowledge never ceases to amaze me! XD *starts running around looking for black vanners*

Thanks for pointing out the e gene, Silv, will update that~

Red thanks for replying anyway 8D lol! Gepet'dier seems to be yours... maybe I can reserve her for next season since she seems to be taken this time~ I'll let you know :)