News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gah now I have a problem...

Started by Sinister Pink, April 19, 2011, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Pink

After waiting a whole month PI has finally got back to me and said they agree that I am allowed to make 3D adoptables as it's clear I purchased all the models and I am using them in accordance with the rules and regualtions.

So which branch of adoptables should I get finished first??

These

Or These

I think it's more a matter of taste, as both of them have a lot of things already completed, but are not finished to my exacting standards yet.
Which would make the best secundi pet especially if made an agency...thinking very VERY far ahead here!

But neither of these guys are going to be a flash in the pan, I am working very hard on them :)

Sarah

[size=85]People who click my eggs....make me happy[/size]

CutieePiee

I personally like the first ones and I would love to see them here. :) The other ones are nice too, but I'm not a fan of 3D.

Neocridders

I love the 3D ones as well as the first ones.
I personally would love to stalk the three-d ones a little more.
But if you decided to put those on PI, I guess I'd have to find a renewal... my account expires next week >.>

Sinister Pink

Lol Necro both lots would be definitely on BOTH places :)

*huggles*

Sarah

Ryuukokoro

My vote is to forget PI and do both of them here. XD

Deekkru

The 3-D ones are cute, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I'd say finish the first ones, then see whether or not you have time for a second adoptable.

Sinister Pink

Thanks so much for all your feedback guys, and I have to assure you my biggest focus adoptable wise will always be HERE!!!

Why?, because this is the future of adoptable sites, on PI they will be pretty things to put on presentations but thats all they will every aspire to...
but here, the world is your Oyster :)

I amy actually just template the first lot as adoptables as I see that quite a few people are not keen on 3D adopts and the plastic ponies will be one off sales as then everyone one will be unique and hand painted :)

Sarah

Kadana Sorano

I say these.  These these these pretty pretty please..  Ahem.. yes well lol I like these ones better of the two (ones before these and these) much better.

Quote from: Sinister Pink on April 19, 2011, 09:03:29 AM
After waiting a whole month PI has finally got back to me and said they agree that I am allowed to make 3D adoptables as it's clear I purchased all the models and I am using them in accordance with the rules and regualtions.

So which branch of adoptables should I get finished first??

Or These

Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Sinister Pink

Kadana as they are not as populour I am going to do them as rares for people on a one at a time basis, so they will be a lot more unique and be a lot more hand painting in them :)

I will give you a nudge when some are coming though as I know that you like them a whole lot!!

Sarah

WolfgangTlouey

i want the pretty linearts! ROFL!!!!! XD

I was wondering, if you do the 3D ones, can my old 3D ones you made me years back be used for future breedings or whatever (if you do those)

BabyKittenCandy

I prefer the first set, im no so keen on the computery look of the second but that is just me and even though Im less keen on the second ones some of the examples are very pretty.

springacres

I have to agree with BKC here, I like the first set better.  However I'm sure you will be able to find people to stalk both of them :)

Sinister Pink

Tlouey all the 3D ponies will be okay for breedings as they are so rare, lets face it Tlou only ones to friends and family were ever released :)

I think I will stick with the line art ones, and use the potion ponies for rare giveaways and raffles to people who really REALLY like them, as then I can not bother templating and they will be like the were before, everyone a one of piece :)

Sarah

Winged

I think they all look nice, but i agree that the first ones would fit in better.  I'd still like to get some customs of the 3-D ones sometime though!
Owner of Gliders!

Garney

I'd go for the 3D ones, it's novel, not something you see a lot, and the quality is really stunning.

Neocridders

Quote from: Garney on April 19, 2011, 04:37:44 PM
I'd go for the 3D ones, it's novel, not something you see a lot, and the quality is really stunning.

I agree with this statement <3 <3

Scullisto

Quote from: Garney on April 19, 2011, 04:37:44 PM

Ditto

Goddesss

Seems your mind is already made up but I just wanted to say I like the second set better.  =)

Pinkshadow

yeh i liek the 3d ones best too :)

Sinister Pink

QuoteSeems your mind is already made up but I just wanted to say I like the second set better.  =)

Weeeeelll it was made up, Darn it :)
However would you guys actually like the 3D guys templated or would you be happy for them to be one off creations each painted as a seperate entitiy?

Or would you like them templated, with lets say different costumes painted on just the one pose?

All intel helps, and let me just re-iterate they are both going to be released at some point I just want to know which ones to work on first :)

Sarah

YourLoveOnly

I really love highly customizable and OOAK stuff, so I would love to see the 3D ones with different breeds and poses and such. There aren't nearly enough unique-line pets out there in my opinion. I like the other examples better than the default pose you showed, so that also influenced my decision a bit XD

Would love to see both sets eventually, they are both great and high quality.

Sinister Pink

QuoteI like the other examples better than the default pose you showed, so that also influenced my decision a bit XD

Lol yeah thats because the first example haven't been painted yet, see them as like sculptures that are finished that need painting and clothing <grin> :)

The other guys are all finished and as they were when given out :), I will work a bit on them both at the same time as I know even though the 3D ones are different I have a lot of stuff for the first guys as well, including costumes, and so on and a ton of plans for them.

So hopefully I will eventually be able to please both camps at the same time!!

Sarah

Kahlira

Definately liking the rest of the examples for the 3D ones. Something about the nose (Or the pose haven't quite figured it out yet) throws me off from the regular non-colored example.

I do so hope both become an adoptable here on Secundi, though I doubt my pocketbook would support it. I would silently stalk them  both.

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Sinister Pink on April 20, 2011, 02:50:30 AMWeeeeelll it was made up, Darn it :)
However would you guys actually like the 3D guys templated or would you be happy for them to be one off creations each painted as a seperate entitiy?

Or would you like them templated, with lets say different costumes painted on just the one pose?

All intel helps, and let me just re-iterate they are both going to be released at some point I just want to know which ones to work on first :)

Sarah

lol sorry, it does take some of us a bit of time to get on and see threads to give opinions to you.  Especially right now anyone in my general area of the US, a lot of folks were without power for 12-24 hours after that string of tornado;s tore through here.  (I actually lost my shuttle (again *sob*) because it was running when the power went out.  Now I;m stuck on this old slow trash comp.  ANYWAY!.. Yea, it can take a while when you're gathering opinions, it;s best to give it atleast a couple days or more for everyone to see it.

As for templates.. I think both are swell.  I love original work of course, but often enough it is too pricey, by dint of being so unique and taking so much work.  So originals are something to save for.  I love templated adopts, because it's less work usually for the shop owner, they can make more adopts available, and at cheaper prices.  I would say, aim for having both (long run).  And then break that goal down into stages, gradually as you get things finished.

Sinister Pink

Oh I hope I didn't give anyone the impression that there *late* reply affected me in any way, heck no I didn't think I would get this MANY replies <grin>
I am chuffed to bits that everyone would take their time to chat to me, and give ideas and so on!

Rest assured also that my driving force to create is not for gain, there will be a lot of free giveaways and such.
One of the things I particularly LOVE about this site is Silv/Quinsta's way of dishing out new stock!, it's really well done, and doesn't make me think..ahh gads someone else who thinks they have a license to print money!!

So absolutely no offence meant, and please slap me with a wet fish if that happened against my intention!!!

Sarah

Kadana Sorano

haha no no, It's just that I;ve been there, posting a thread for feedback I mean, and then "tallying votes" as it were too soon in my eagerness to see what folks wanted.  Then hours (or even days) later, more people show up to weigh in and I start floundering. 

So, having been there, I just thought I;d mention it is all.  You're fine :)

Annd I'm fighting sleep, and I do believe I have a wee bit of heat sickness, so I hope that all made sense lol

Doorians

I do a lot of 3D rendering - my first adoptable on PI was a 3D one (using LLF's plushies!) - and I agree, they're generally not as popular, because they take a lot of work and skill with a really decent rendering program to make them worthwhile. I tend to just use my 3D renders as references for drawn art, instead!

Plus, unless you can make your particular renders unique, you risk someone using the same model as you, to make another adoptable. You wouldn't be the first to use LadyLittleFox's  models on PI.

Mixing 3D renders and 2D renders does help a fair bit in making an adoptable unique, but again takes some degree of skill to match the realism of the render.

You'll find in general that people outside the 3D rendering community tend to look on 3D rendered art as the east way out, or a way for non-artists to 'pretend' they're artistic while lacking skill. While it isn't necessarily the case, it's true people don't always take the time to make a render look good. :3

Sinister Pink

Here here Dorians :)
I have had that excuse when my artwork has been shamelessly ripped, "I just bought the model", however a hellish amount of postwork goes into my 3D and photograph manipulation work, and now people generally recognise my work and style.

I have also heard the artists who consider it's the easy way out, and it always makes me giggle as it shows they have never even looked at Poser let alone used it <grin>, that program can make you cry!

I also tend to use LLF models as they are simple to pose, don't get me started on the Victoria models and the dizzying amount of plug-ins just to make a decent render.
And also because I can do a 5 minute render and overpaint to my liking. Another thing is I don't use skins I take the skins out and blank them out with white so I get a nice white like procelain statue out, and then I paint over it.
Some people have trouble doing it, but when I first started using Poser about 6 years back there wasn't the amazing choice there is now and it was used as a tool to create humanoid figures for photo manipulation as I couldn't get the photo's in stock sites I wanted :).

Now many years on I have an external drive full of resources and have probably spent in the region of $5000 dollars on plug-ins, programs and filters. Now I find I can mix and match many different forms of artwork for photo manipulation, hand painting and 3D and make it look like a cohesive whole. I am mainly employed now for doing Guild Sites/Corporation for MMOs
and also for RPG character commissions.

Adoptables I am hoping will be a fun project, something to do just for me for a change and hopefully to fill in the time before I can work properly when my son is an awful lot older :)

Sarah