News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Horse Art

Started by Rosewood, July 06, 2011, 09:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosewood

OK, before I show you, I just wanted to let you know that I drew the sketch using a drawing book for reference. Just to let you know so that I don't take all the credit.

OK then, here's the sketch...

And I started shading and highlighting today...

Please post any comments. I am trying two new things at once, so I want to know how i'm doing, please do not hold back on giving me advice, but don't be outright mean either...XD Will update with more pics as it comes along. :D

Victoria

Wow that looks great! Only thing I recommened is removing the bump by the neck and the leg and the head looks a bit off if you want I could redline it for you (: Over all it looks fantastic!!

Rosewood

Ok, thanks!

The finished piece:

Winged

That's really good, but i think the eye could do with a bit more work, it doesn't look like there is an eye unless you look closely.
Owner of Gliders!

Luv007

It's gorgoeous! I love the paint coat!

Rosewood

Thanks you guys. I used burn to do the shading and highlighting, and couldn't figure out how to change the color, while keeping all of the shading and highlighting at the same time. I colored underneath that layer and just made the layer transparent almost. It still hid some of the features. XD