Can anyone make me an animated banner from these pictures?

Started by YourLoveOnly, January 21, 2012, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Bad YLO still doesn't have a banner on the Dutch guinea pig forum, but really wants one.
Soooo today I've sorted through my pictures and created all the images on the banner.
But I fail at making them into one animated banner! Could anyone please do it for me?
So I want a banner like this:
But with my pets instead ^^

It needs to be one big banner and have all of the following pictures in the order shown:

SkySong

I have no clue what happened to the quality but here's something.

I don't mess with gifs or animations in general all too much, but if you're fine with how it looks then feel free to use it. If you want me to speed it up or slow it down, I can do that, too.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

YourLoveOnly

The speed is fine but I dunno what happened to the quality either O.o But it's really nice that you tried ^^

Did it go all weird when you saved it or when uploading? Because if it's uploading perhaps there is a file limit on photobucket?

SkySong

After some quick playing around I found that the conversion from rgb to indexed is what's screwing the quality. But I can't use RGB for gifs, it's either indexed or greyscale. Greyscale would give you the quality, but not the color.

There may be a better way of getting the quality up, but it would either require bigger pictures or a different program. Sorry :(

YourLoveOnly

:( That is sad. They are really big pictures actually, but the banner can't be bigger than this and it needs to have the words on there.. Otherwise I could just give you the big pictures, but sadly that doesn't work either. Thanks for trying though!

SkySong

PonyMama

There are some worse then others, but this seems to be the best I can get some of the colors to work right now

YourLoveOnly

PonyMama

I am still playing with a couple
as PNG's you can't save as an optimized gif file, so I made them all gifs first, and some were worse then others.  I will need some time to see if I can fix the few that don't want to make the conversion as well as others

sadly no matter what even in the example they were not perfect, but gif is not a great quality

YourLoveOnly

PonyMama

I already have them all as GIFs now so no worries, and I tried with the Noni frame to go from Jpeg to gif

if you have the noni one, as a jpeg and never saved as a png, try give that to me, I want to see if that makes a difference

YourLoveOnly

Oh oh oh! I think I solved it! I was looking online for sites that could do it for me ever since posting this topic and even before, but couldn't find a site without limit, most said 10 or 20 pics max. But I just found one and I think it works.. Let me upload the banner it made and downloaded to photobucket real quick.

YourLoveOnly

This oen doesn't seem so bad right? =O Slighty fuzzier than the original but not really obvious and no wonky colors as far as I can tell?