News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Artwork] I love my brain..

Started by Wildfilly94, February 16, 2012, 07:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

I haven't drawn horses in forever. And my brain decided a few hours ago that it wanted me to draw a horse... So, Well... Its part horse. Haha.

Edit: Re-uploaded with changes advised by SkySong <3

I've never done 'fish' stuff before, so I'm not sure how I like it yet. What do you all think? (Honestly!!)
Its a Stallion ^^

I'm thinking about mabye possibly drawing a mare, and foal, and items and such... Hmm...

Im just irritated caue I fail, ALWAYS, at making the horse head look more realistic. >.> And mouths. I FAIL at mouths on horses. So, currently he has none. XD

SkySong

Hm, I think the only thing I'd change is make the neck a little longer, and perhaps extend the top fin to the base of the tail. I'm not really an expert at drawing horse heads, but if it were me, I'd probably add more of a back to the ear that connects it to the head, and move the nostril a little more to the center of the muzzle. I personally think that it looks fine and more stylized without a visible mouth.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Wildfilly94

Wow, thank you for pointing the neck length out. Lol. I totally didn't notice how short it was. Of course, I'll probably irritate myself further by fixing it, but perhaps I will later or tomorrow.
I did have the top fin go down to the tail, but I wasn't sure if i liked it, so I erased it. I might try to add it back again though, not that I got the 'bone-like' thing in the fin, and before I just had lines. I'll try to add a back to the ear. I had it originally a normal horse ear, so it was pushed further into the mane so a back wasnt necessary, however, now that it has a fin type thing attached to the ear, making it go along the mane lines, I probably should add a back. XD
Thank you for the tips, it really helps! :) After it's all fixed, and if I dare add a female and foal, would you be interested in this as an adoptable on Secundi? (That is my ultimate goal, if I can get someone to ink and shade.)

Wildfilly94

Re-uploaded with all changes except the neck. I tried and then I gave up. Lol. The har just looked so perfect I couldnt redraw that

SkySong

Yeah, I'd be interested in the adopt. I could probably try inking and shading if I have the time, as well.

I like the changes, and glad I helped. :) Just one more thing - could you make the fin(s) bigger? If you're wanting to take this to adoptable, then I think you'd find it easier to do things with the fins if they're large/flowing.

Wildfilly94

Awesome, thanks! :) I'm thinking about seeing if this girl on PI can shade, as I LOVE her hair shading, or Willow, but if neither of them can do it, I'd love to have you shade <3

Do you mean the tail fins? I can make those bigger, yeah. The ones along his back porbably not though, as their more like back bone fins, instead of pretty flowy fins. Lol.

SkySong

I was referring to both, but if you only want to do the tail fins, then that's better than nothing. But other than that, everything looks good.

Wildfilly94

Hmm, Okay :) I'll edit both sets of fins then, and see how it looks. I'll see if the inkist can extend his neck while inking. Possibly. Lol. I also drew up a tiny baby. Dunno if I'll do a teen stage or just go from the little baby (its curled up like it was in an egg) to the adult.

SkySong

They should be able to, unless they are either working with a bad program or know nothing about said program they're working with.

I think that it's up to you if you do a middle stage or not, and I'd only do one if you get inspired to do one.

Wildfilly94

Okay good. Then I'll have that done. Yeay! :)

And I'm toying with the idea, I'll decide sooner or later I guess. Haha. I'll post the baby and the Stallion again after I edit his fins. :)