News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Buttons, the discarded doll :C

Started by Willow, June 12, 2012, 03:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I kept telling myself that I'll start practicing human-esque things, because I'm really bad at them and need to improve ;A;

Today I felt creative and drew from scratch, no refs, just what I remember roughly from anatomy tips and various people's human styles.

Bearing in mind the last time I doodled a human it was in this meme ~

I think it's a good improvement!

This is Buttons, named by her alleycat dumpster friend/steed because she has buttons for eyes.
She's a doll, but she has a big heart and soul that shines through her 'eyes'.
She's kind and quirky, if sometimes a little forgetful and zoned out (she's a big thinker/daydreamer).

I'm going to work on her story more, but so far we know she's been chucked out. She's made it out of the dumpster and met Mort, a scraggy allerycat that is bemused by her. He has dry humour and is often sarcastic, but they become comfortable in each others company.
Adventure, flashbacks and stuff to follow.

I was kind of thinking Corpse Bride/Coraline for her design and story, hence why she's maybe a little creepy looking.
I'm not set on her colours yet, but probably sepia or monochrome, she's a little tattered thing, but bighearted C:

I thought I'd share! x3;

...Also those are snake bite piercings under her lip, not unfortunate moles 8I

Wildfilly94

:O I like!! (Biggest fan of Tim Burton EVER here)

You are NOT bad at humans Willow! I like her alot. <3 I want... >.>
Lol. :p

And when you get to human part of the adoptie you have for me, I now have FULL confidence you'll make them look good. :D

Can't wait to hear more of her story :3

SkySong

I think you've made a lot of improvement, but part of the thing is the first picture is more chibi, while Buttons is more realistic. I think you got great anatomy for Buttons, but the feet and calves seem just a tad on the small side to me.

Human part of an adopt for Wildfilly? *Is very curious*
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Willow

I love every Tim Burton movie I've seen so far, so I'm a fan too :')
I love the colours and atmosphere of them, most of the time it's overcast, like stormy weather. I thought it suited Buttons and her story C:

Daw, thank you Filly :'D

I fancy making a comic. But that's a bit daunting, I've never made one before O:
<3

ETA:

Thanks for the critiques SkySong! She's kind of a mixture of styles, so I guess she may seem a bit odd. I partially based the legs on a style that tapers to a point, so they're pretty thin C:
Like these guys -
[skinnylegs]

But I do have more to work on xD;

Wildfilly94

Yeay!! :D I need to get more of them. >.>
And yes, the overcast/stormy/dreariness is awesome. :3

And a comic? That would be so cool!! <3

Skysong; Zee adoptie.. Tis a secret. >:3 Well, until Willow finishes it. xP I've been SO excited for it for a while. My brain was all 'HEY! make this happen!' and sense Willow's amazing and crazy like me, its happening :D

YourLoveOnly

Pinkshadow

you have an amazing talent for drawing willow :b