News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Free Art Program - FireAlpaca

Started by Willow, August 20, 2012, 07:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I've not checked it out fully yet, but it seems neat enough! C:
It opens .psds and has layers, a really good pen for lineart too, nice and smooth.

I thought I might as well share it in case anyone doesn't know about it ^w^

http://firealpaca.com/

Let me know what you think if you download it!

SkySong

How would you consider it for shading? I use Sai atm, and find it works well for me. But there isn't a gradient tool, which I notice this does.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Willow

I only downloaded it today, and I've not had much time to do a full piece, but I'll try something simple later and let you know oWo

TheLeet

It looks good. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing :)

TheLeet

So I've had some time to play with the program today. I haven't done any serious drawing in it yet but so far it seems really good. I like the available brushes and I love the way it auto-smoothes everything. I also like the colour palette on the side - it's nice and rectangular and a lot like the Photoshop one. For some reason I don't like triangular palettes or anything with a circle around it.
It's also very easy and intuitive to use, which is great.
The only thing it seems to be missing is a smudge tool, unless I haven't found it yet. :/

I was actually looking for a new art program to use. I currently use Photoshop and Artrage. Photoshop is good for adoptable templates but I don't like doing any sort of painting in it. Artrage is great for painting but the way the colours blend can sometimes be a little unpredictable and I don't always feel like going for that traditional look. I was thinking about giving SAI another go (I tried it out a while back but didn't like it that much) but now I've got FireAlpaca, I don't think I'll bother. So yes, thanks very much for bringing this piece of software to my attention :D

Neocridders

:) I'll try it! now-ex boyfriend was going to get me photoshop on my computer, but something went wrong and he couldn't figure it out. So I'm going to try and see if this program will work.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Livery Stables

Im buying another wacom this week :] so other than being fairly excited to get a new tablet Im going to try this program out for inking!

TheLeet

I've finally had the time to test it properly and paint a whole picture in it. I struggled a lot with the shading on the cat but apart from that, FireAlpaca is pretty awesome to work in. I'll definitely be using it more in the future but probably in combination with Photoshop :)
http://gifdot.deviantart.com/#/d5d23tc

Willow

I'm glad you like it Leet!

I'll admit I've not really given it a shot yet xDD;
But I might try for my next HARPG piece.

Wildfilly94

The only issue I have with it right now is I cant find a text option! D:
I need to put text int his picture and it seems theres no text option like in photoshop. :/
I can't write pretty worth crap with a mouse, so this is a sucky thing. Lol.