News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

First Art Project for College :)

Started by Neocridders, September 04, 2012, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Ok guys.
My first art project for college I had to take an advertisement and (taking 2-4 elements from the original ad,) turn it into a piece of art with a different, deeper meaning.

So my original ad was a perfume ad. You can see in my art the bottle that was there. Beside the bottle were three items balanced on each other (a rose on top of a closed flower on top of a wood shaving curly thing). The background was white.

So with my ad, I changed some stuff (and it was hard to get to my end result. The teacher was out of country for the entire week we were supposed to have thumbnails, then our rough draft. So basically I'm getting only feedback from other confused students and not the teacher)

Anyway, in the end this is the artwork I produced. I'm quite happy with it.
It's simple.

My biggest worry with doing it in a computer program was getting it printed. Originally I was  going to just do it in oil pastels because I wasn't confident with my computer drawing skills with the programs I have, but after doing the rough draft and wanting to just do something on the computer, I came up with this image.

Thankfully I figured out how to get it 'professionally' (super high quality printing from the lab in the arts building). Paid $3.50 (I was willing to pay anything reasonable. So like... if it had to be $20, I was prepared to pay it. I was desperate!) Haha I'm so happy right now that it got printed!
The end result is about 7x12

Winged

Sounds really cool! Unfortunately, the image doesn't show for me :(
Owner of Gliders!