News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

My Automail is Complete - I am Edward Elric (pic heavy)

Started by Neocridders, October 19, 2012, 09:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Hey everyone!
So a week ago I saw signs for a Halloween contest for Thursday. And me, being the nerd I am, decided I needed to find a costume and go. So, luckily my parents were visiting for the weekend, and they took me to GoodWill (a thrift store). I went directly to the coats, and the moment I saw this red coat I knew it was perfect.

This is my Edward Elric costume.
I have blonde hair (though not quite as light as Ed's. But I wasn't going to invest in more hair dye. Not after last year. Lol) and had my roommate braid it.
I took the red jacket and sewed on the symbols of the Flamel.
I had his pocket watch that my ex had given me.
Just wore  a black shirt and my dark jeans. I wasn't going for exact, since I had a week and I live on a college campus with no thrift stores within a 20 minute walk. So I just went with what I had, aside from the jacket.

The only thing I had to worry about was the arm. Anyone interested in seeing how it turned out?
I used acrylic paint on my right arm. I am right handed, but I had to use my left hand for this. I am a failure with my left hand, but I'm quite proud of this.

Let me repeat, this was done with my non-dominate hand.

BTW , The costume party was a bust. No one showed up. I wasn't informed that it was hosted by the anime club. I thought it was a school party. Next week is the school party, so I'll make people come with me.

TheLeet

Wow, that arm turned out nicely!  :o
I especially like the bits that go along the arm. They look properly 3D.

Daimas

sweet job!
I have a hallowen party to go to tomarrow. Gonna be a vampire.