News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Cloven: Seeking New Management (decided)

Started by Ravvana, January 23, 2012, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

The gallery where I was storing all my Cloven images got lost due to some kind of hosting problem. Luckily I have the files all on my computer so I will be uploading them into Photobucket, but I think this is somewhat of a sign that I'm not exactly fit to run Cloven now that I'm in the midst of college and applying for internships and have a job on top of that. I haven't been able to give them nearly the time they deserve and it's only going to get worse as I get busier in RL :(

Once I rehost the files on Photobucket, I'll finish up anything I owe including breedings. But in the meantime Leet has given me permission to try to find a new manager of The Cloven.

Here are Leet's initial rules which will still be in place:
- they're only to be run on secundi, no other sites
- if I ever leave secundi, you can keep the lines
- if you ever leave secundi, or just disappear for more than a few months, you can either pass the lines on to a friend or give them back to me
- no USD sales
- the lines are not to be sold on
- if you find that you don't have the time to run them, please give them to someone else to run on here or give them back to me

Female:

Male:

Baby:

(The base .psd files are larger, so you can make the finished product larger if you want.)

And here was my well-intentioned but seldom-implemented operational plan:

Quote1. Every other month will be a breeding month. During a breeding month, each user can request one breeding for a 10k fee. Outside RBs and studdings are permissible; users may even borrow both dam and stud. One breeding will typically result in one foal. There will be somewhat rare items to get second or third breedings in one month; there will also be somewhat rare items to get twins from a single breeding. These items can be earned through bribes, auctions, raffles, giveaways, etc. Studs can be bred infinite times per season; mares can be bred only once per season.

2. The non-breeding months will be event months. During an event month, I will try to give out a minimum of 10 unicorns. This could be through a pick-a-door, scavenger hunt, RP, Franken, auction, raffle, art contest, poetry contest, etc, etc. These unicorns will primarily be premades, although semi-customs will be available with less frequency.

3. Full customs will be primarily bribe-only. They still may show up as special event rewards, but bribing is the primary way to get one. This way, I won't get bogged down by trying to perfectly color intricate mimics, giving me more time to color premades and semis -- and thus ultimately giving more unicorns to more users.

(You can of course run them however you like, that is just my suggestion!)

If you are interested in running The Cloven, please fill out this form.

Username:
date you joined secundi:
any other adoptables you're involved in:
(if there are none, just leave this blank)
how often do you think you'll be able to hold events:
your art program:

Pinkshadow

Username: Pinkshadow
Date you joined secundi: 14 September 2009, 07:49:32
Any other adoptables you're involved in: Well i stalk a few; Quinsta, Feli, Stable, i think is the most importned
How often do you think you'll be able to hold events: atleast 3 every month, im studying, so lots of freetime, even tho i do have a puppy ;)
Your art program: I use GIMP, as it is free, and it remind much about photoshop.

Wildfilly94

Are you looking for someone to take hold for a few months or forever?

Ravvana

Ryuukokoro

Ryuu is so torn! I'm really sad to see Rav no longer in charge of the Cloven, but they're such great lines and I'm happy to see they will be move active! Thanks Rav, that's a really mature decision to know you don't have time for them and finding someone who can take over. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too. :)

Luv007

Username:  Luv007
Date Joined Secundi: ....Let me check on that....    2009-10-14
Other Adoptables Involved In:  My Fables!!
How Often Events Will Be Held:  Once opened, they should open and active continuously.  Breeding will be every other month.  Roleplay events should happen once every three months, and stay open during that period.  Collector's Events will happen once a month on a smaller scale.  Each big holiday should have a coinciding RP Event and Collector's Event.  A Birthday Club will also be in effect.
Art Program Used:  Photoshop CS2

I agree very much with Ryuu!  You did some awesome events, Ravv, and I'm sad to see you have to give them up.  BUT it really does show what a responsible adoptable owner you are to look for someone to give them more attention.  It can be very difficult to run two adoptables if either are any more than just basic events.  Stable, for example, is wonderful, but very involved.  I'm quite impressed with how many events you get out and how much time you can put into your adoptables.  Wish you the best!!

Pinkshadow

JESS! I wanna see fables more active too! xD

Luv007

They are coming!  I facebooked you.  :)

Give me a few more weeks to get them going so that things will go off without a hitch.  I've got everything but the jobs perfected now, and I'm working on that with some help rewriting website stuff from our awesome skysong.

Wildfilly94

Ohh. Well if it was temporary I'd love to, but this summer I start college and I dont want to commit to this adoptie if I wont be ther, you know? I relly hope you get someone great *coughlikeLuv* to run them. <3

Ravvana

Quote from: Wildfilly94 on January 24, 2012, 06:19:30 PM
Ohh. Well if it was temporary I'd love to, but this summer I start college and I dont want to commit to this adoptie if I wont be ther, you know? I relly hope you get someone great *coughlikeLuv* to run them. <3

Yeah, it was starting college that kind of killed any free time I once had XD You can always ask the new manager to guest color :)

Winged

I agree with Ryuu, it's great that someone is able to take the management and that we can see more of the Fables but i will be sad to see Rav no longer in charge of the Fables. Sorry if i'm rambling, i've not long woken up.
I'll probably have a similar problem with the Glidres when i start college and i go away for a month on holiday with my friends this year (hopefully, we're still trying to book it) and then i'm going to college so will be really busy with that and hopefully a job. My plan was to hire someone to work with me on breedings and stuff, do you think that would work? I'm not really sure how to make that work... Sorry about hijaking your thread to blab on about the Giders Rav.
Owner of Gliders!

Ryuukokoro

Ohhh ya, I remember when I started college and all my online projects fizzled out. >.> College is a crazy time.

Arty

Username: AlaskanTailoyr
date you joined secundi: October 13, 2010 (little over 2 years ago)
any other adoptables you're involved in: Cat Fish (just started)
how often do you think you'll be able to hold events: every two weeks or less
your art program: Photoshop and/or Fireworks (both adobe)

I don't know if I could give up my arts because I couldn't be active, you are a really good owner by doing that. It's sometimes hard to trust people with templated art because they want to take it and get everything they can out of it. >.>
I've had to give up several sets of art because of that...

Willow

Username: Willow
Date you joined secundi: 2009-11-18
Any other adoptables you're involved in: Faudeer (that I intend to continue)
How often do you think you'll be able to hold events: Monthly is fine, I like the plan!(More when needed/wanted). I'm cutting hours at work, so this would be perfect to appease my colour-and-go muse C:
Perhaps running competitions would be good as well, a leveling system with benefits/prizes. These could be run at a time when I don't have full time to colour.

Your art program: Photoshop Elements 4.0

I remember wanting these when they first went out, Leet art is wonderful.
I intend to continue with my Faudeer, but as they take time being uniquely drawn, events aren't simple colour-and-go types (and by colour-and-go, I don't mean thats all I'll do, I hope to be fun and active with them! They just don't take as long as uniquely drawn things ^^)
I'd like to take them on, especially to be able practicing my horse colouring again :')

Ravvana

Sorry for the wait! I finally finished up my toughest quarter of school to date, so now I should have a little more time to breath.

I evaluated the applications primarily based on your plans for the Cloven and your past commitment to Secundi, since the reason I'm giving up management is so they can be more active. With Leet's approval, I've decided to give management to Willow. Send me a PM confirming that you are still interested, and I'll send you the files and Photobucket password once I'm back on my computer on Sunday.

Thanks for everyone's interest and support! :)

Willow

Wonderful! I can't wait to start up an event, most likely from this weekend, running for April C:

*dances*