News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gryphions - What do you think about this?

Started by Neocridders, May 30, 2012, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

I miss my gryphions. I can't color them anymore since I have no photoshop.
But I will suggest a compromise you may like.

What if I start hand drawing gryphions?

For breedings, I could offer one or two handdrawns in exchange for a litter I owe. So I could make kittens for you guys, but it would be better for me if I did have to make a bajillion hand drawn kittens since that would take me 10 years.

Alright. Let me know what you think.
Also let me know what I owe you. Let me know if you would be ok with me making one (maybe two depending on the number of people wanting this) hand drawn in place of what would be a litter of kittens.

If I owe you a gryphion not from a breeding, post that too. I am pretty sure I owe Leet something from long ago

Guys im sorry I've been unable to give you what I owe. But with hand drawns, technology shouldn't get in the way as much as long as I can scan it.

:) <3

Edit: This is the list of breedings. I took out the ones that were for sure finished.

TheLeet - 275 x 299
Sunchaser109 - 326 x 327
YourLoveOnly - 152 x 268
Ravvana - 281 x 321
Spixy - 042 x 266
Pinkshadow - 333 x 312
Hiyoko - 246 x 244
Ember - 034 x 003
Springacres - 021 x 231
Kadana Sorano - 261 x 242
Kadana Sorano - 100 x 264
Aralie - 065 x 066
PonyMama - 328 x 330
Willow - 316 x 243
Pinkshadow - 265 x 266

Willow

I'll offer to kind of "guest colour" a few litters if that'd help you Neo?

But otherwise, I like the handdrawn idea.
I'm owed a breeding between my Yian and Rocky Road C:

<3

Wildfilly94

YourLoveOnly

I am still owned my custom Quirine, this is her form:
Name: Quirine
Exact colors: #00EE00, #0066DD, #9900CC (please use only these hexes for the entire custom)
Body: green
Eyes: blue and purple bi-eyes (since only one eye shows on the lineart let's go with blue)
Tail: purple
Beak (main part): blue
Beak (nostril area): purple
Wing feathers: alternating blue, green and purple
Markings: purple spots all over, occassional splashes of blue paint, purple zigzag on top of the blue paint
References: http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/YourLoveOnly/References/Characters/x018f.png
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/YourLoveOnly/References/Characters/5-584.png
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3517.0
She is from a trade from June 2011.

And I think your idea sounds neat, but do you have fully finished handdrawn art as examples? That might make it easier for people to decide, I think I'm only familiar with your handdrawn sketches and digital art.

Neocridders

Ryuukokoro

Hmm I think that if you hand-drew every Gryphion it would take forever to do all you owe. o.0 Wouldn't it be easier if someone just sent you Photoshop? I can do it.

You owe me a couple semi-customs and a custom, but I didn't turn in forms for you yet since you were on hiatus when we made the trade. I don't mind waiting. :)

Neocridders

Hm. Well, I don't really have a computer to have photoshop. That's the problem. My sister has a computer and I use that. But it's not really fast enough to handle photoshop. The memory on it isn't that great.

SkySong

Perhaps something lighter like gimp or another art program? I myself use sai, and I believe it is lighter than photoshop.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Neocridders

How much does sai cost? Or, where can I download it for free?

Oh, here's an example. This took me a while to do. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do all of the kittens this way XD But we'll see.

I have two settings on the scanner. Document and Photo.

Let me know what one you guys like best. I personally like the document since the background is white and the picture is bright. But the photo one seems to have richer colors and doesn't look as bleached (if that's the word to use)

Document setting:

Photo setting:

Wildfilly94

SkySong

If you can download torrents, then sai can be found easily enough for free, the trial goes for 31 days but is a pain to work around afterwards, and you can buy it here for roughly 67 US Dollars. I believe after the original payment you don't have to pay for it again. It opens psds, so you shouldn't have to worry about that, by the way.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Neocridders

I could download torrents on my old computer I think. I have no idea how to do that on this one, though.
$67? Well, maybe I'll be able to get a job this summer. Been sending in apps everywhere. Hopefully somewhere will hire me. If so, maybe I'll be able to pay for it that way :)
Or maybe I can sell some hand drawns to get the money for it XD Thanks!

TheLeet

You still owe me a pair of custom barn gryphs. I think they had items added to them too but I don't have the forms anymore :/

Anyway, as for the original post: That sounds like a good idea and I'd be very happy with that ^_^

Neocridders

Leet, I am pretty sure you sent me the forms via pm, so I will dig them up.
I think I'll make yours hand drawn. And yes, they did have items. I remember.
Sorry about your wait, Leet <3

TheLeet

That's alright. I had kinda forgotten about them, to be honest :P