News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Interest Thread} Needing Ideas on a Background Story! :)

Started by Super Starz, June 05, 2012, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Starz

I'm currently having an Adoptable Set commissioned by Willow. The Adoptable is currently unamed so if you have any suggestions, Please let me know XD I'll also be on the look out for Colorists/Event Runners..etc to help me with the running of these little guys, So if you'd like to help, Please also let me know :) If you have any suggestions or comments about this Adoptable, Please post them because I'm new at running adoptables and not sure what Secundi would like to see :)
So here are the lines, Now mostly finished! xD

SkySong

Very cute. :) Random names:

Whispers
Victorians
Tempests

I think that the name would be easier if you had a story to base it off of, but it isn't necessary.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Super Starz

Thank you :) And I quite like those names! Especially Whispers :) And that's an idea :) I might get to work creating a story for them :D Thank you for SkySong your suggestions! :)

Super Starz

What does anything think of the name Whinny's? I know it's so original ;/ :) But it's simple, hopefully easier to remember and pronounce, and I think it's the first Adopty to be called that on Secundi? :) That way I can expand it to different breeds of horses as it becomes established maybe? :) Or should I have a name that could combine other species/animals into it later on?

SkySong

I like Whinny's :) Whether you want to keep them as they are, or add more lines to them is up to you, though.

Super Starz

It just seemed simple and effective to me :) And yes, That's another decision I'll have to think of for this Adopty but I'd always love to hear everyone's opinions, As I'm only new at running an Adoptable xD

TheLeet

I voted for "they are ok" so now I have to come up with ways to improve them :P

Their big empty looking eyes kinda creep me out but they'll probably be given proper eyes when they get shaded anyway?
That's my only complaint. Apart from the currently creepy eyes, they're lovely ^^

BabyKittenCandy

Not sure what to vote. I like them, i think they are cute, but I also think we do have a fair few horse adopts here, so i think you will have stiff competition. I think i would prolly look to get a few, not sure how avidly i would follow them, depends on how you run them etc I think for me.

Willow

Quote from: TheLeet on June 06, 2012, 06:46:42 AM
I voted for "they are ok" so now I have to come up with ways to improve them :P

Their big empty looking eyes kinda creep me out but they'll probably be given proper eyes when they get shaded anyway?
That's my only complaint. Apart from the currently creepy eyes, they're lovely ^^

Yep, I work on the eyes with shading, they won't be open orbs and should end up like this ~

As for the name, I used to run an adoptable on here called the Whinnys, but I don't really run them any more so I assume there wouldn't be any confusion :3

If not I like Whispers, Little Hooves, Nickers, Clip Clops. Something like those xD;

I also agree they would benefit from a backstory to give them some 'beef', rather than being 'just another horse adoptable' ^__^
I'm sure people will help come up with ideas if you need it.
<3

BabyKittenCandy

I thought I was right in thinking there was another adopt called Whinny's!

Super Starz

Thank you for all your feedback! <3 To TheLeet- Thank you for your honest opinion :) And as Willow said, The eyes should get all fixed up when they are shaded :) To BKC- And yes, I always knew I'd have other competition with them like Quinsta,TheStable..etc the list goes on! xD But hopefully I can bring something a little different to them and make them as active as I possibly can :) To Willow- Oh my! Did you really? xD Great minds think alike? XD Haha well I think I'll have to change that then, Haha I had no idea there already was a Winny's! Although I do still like Whispers or Little Hooves now? :) And yes, I do like the idea of a background story so I'll start to create one but if anyone had any ideas, I'm happy to listen :) And BKC- It seems everyone knew about this other Whinny's except for me xD Hahaha but now I know so I start brainstorming again :)

In overall, What does everything think of these names, and which would you prefer if any at all?
Whispers or Little Hooves

I've also decided to create a background story so if anyone would have any ideas, I'm happy to listen :D

Winged

They look really cute! And i like the name Whispers :)
Owner of Gliders!

Super Starz

Thank you for your feedback Winged! And I'm glad you like them :D

SkySong

I like both names. :) Afraid I can't help with the back story much, though.

Super Starz

Thank you SkySong :) And I'm not sure which name will get chosen yet, But hopefully soon I'll have a decision :) And that's fine! Thank you for your name suggestion earlier :D

BabyKittenCandy

Aralie

Super Starz

Thank you BKC and Aralie! :) I'll try and keep everyone's preferences in mind when the final decision gets made :)

Super Starz

Now to concentrate on a background story :) If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them because writing isn't my strong point xD

Willow

Super Starz

Luv007

Going off the name, I would say for a back story that maybe they are little pocket-size pony pets?  Maybe bred in a lab if you want to go the scientific route, or just dreamed into existance if you are looking more towards fantasy?  I could write something up probably if you want?  *loves writing*

Super Starz