News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Gliders] Hiring a colourist/breeding organiser

Started by Winged, August 06, 2012, 03:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

First i want to say how sorry i am for this massive hiatus we've had. Life was really busy with exams in may, highand show and leaving school in June (Here we have loads of leavers stuff), and then i was travelling round europe for most of July (awsome holiday by the way xD). So i expected Gliders to be pretty absent for a while. I am sorry for how long it's taken me to get us back since i got home. I'm not entirely sure why, mostly just me being lazy and forgetting.

So this post is me checking there's nothing owed before i start new events, ect. Please if there is anything owed to you or that you know of let me know. I'm pretty sure i completed all trades and everything but i'm not infaliable.

Also i know that i've been really behind with breeding. The reason for that is i'm sorry but i just honestly don't like colouring litters. I've no idea why but it takes me so long. Also my organising of the breeding thread didn't seem to work.
So i'm hoping to hire someone to help me out! Mostly with breeding, but also with events now and then if you wish, and perhaps with reminding me about anything. I'm going to college after the summer, so i'm only going to get busier. I have been meaning to hire someone for a while.

I'm either going to hire one person to colour and organise, or two people. It really depends on how much time you have how many i would hire. One person is probably simpler but two might be needed.

Please fill out this form to apply.

QuoteUsername:
Adopts you've coloured/managed before:
Colouring examples:
Time spent on Secundi:
Time you could give to Gliders (roughly):
Your thoughts on the Gliders:
Will you be able to keep in touch with me? Either by Secundi or by email/facebook, ect.

Don't worry about saying loads or being detailed, i'm just trying to see who would work best with me. It will be a pretty big leap for me from organising this on my own to having a second organiser/colourist. But i'm sure we can work it out :) A big thing for me is keeping in touch if you're going to be away or busy, ect. I understand that sometimes things happen though.
For the colouring examples it can be anything. I will probably send anyone who applys the Glider files to give me an example how you work with them. The shading is very strong.

I'm not really sure what would be fair for a fee... If you run any flatasles or customs i would give a cut of the price (say 60% for flatsales and 80% for customs? I don't know) but at the moment breedings are free so it would have to be customs or something.
That's something we could work out. But if anyone could give me their thoughts on what would be fair that would be great, thanks!

Also i'd like thought from everyone on breeding and how i can improve it. Also when i choose the helper or a shortlist of helpers i'd like to discuss how we could make the system flow better. There were some problems with people not trading that affected the breeding for me.

Sorry about the massive rambling post, please do read it all it's got information for if you're applying.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

Any idea how long you'll be taking applications? <3

Winged

Hmm... a couple of weeks? If you'd like to apply and there's a specific date you have in mind then let me know.
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

That's long enough. I just want to make sure I can balance school and coloring before applying :)

YourLoveOnly

You still owe me stuff from trades, but that's entirely my fault for not having the time and for a while not even having the computer to get you the forms XD Will get them to you this week! My shiny list of stuff says it's two trades and the actual goods are Art/Celine lovepair, a semi custom with max. 2 mutations and a full custom with max. 4 mutations.

I really want to apply, but am not useful on the short run, because I have to move in September and can't do much during November because of NaNo so I am mostly available during October and then again starting in December, which is a while away XD I do loveloveLOVE breedings.

SkySong

I'm afraid school is going to kick my butt this year, otherwise I'd offer to lend a hand. For organizing, perhaps having a spread sheet works? Not sure if you are already doing it or not.

Maybe if you had breeding in waves - like there's a certain time for people to enter, they only enter once, and once that time period is done, you set to coloring. Once all are done colored you can choose to start another wave or end the breeding season as is?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Winged

Ah yes, i remember now that i still have the Art and Celine lovepair for you. And i've found the pms for the semi and love pair custom so that's good as soon as you send me the forms :) I can't remember where the full custom is from, can you remind me?

Sky, i don't use a spread sheet for them no. How would you be thinking i could use a spread sheet? I'm not sure what information i could put in it, apart from forms.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

The PM you sent me with the form is from May 21 and it says Feli kitten trade, that's all I know, I can probably dig it up on the forums somewhere but I am having a migraine attack right now so I'd rather not XD The Art/Celine was from January, so it was a different trade for sure.

red_uni387

A spread sheet would be a lot more organized for breedings, since every box could contain different info, rather than a bunch of forms. Plus you could include a box to mark off whether the breeding has been done or not, as well as adult forms and when they need to grow and if they have been named or traded, or basically any info that you might not want to be public :)

Winged

Ah right that's fine then, it'll be for that ginger kitten. No worries :)

Hmm yes a spread sheet might be a good idea :) Or i'll fob that job off on my poor colourist xD
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

Well I'm gonna put in a formal application, but I really do hope to see more people apply <3

Username: red_uni387
Adopts you've coloured/managed before: Seis Perna/Cavallino
Colouring examples: Click 1 Click 2 Click 3
Time spent on Secundi: A lot XD I log on when I get home from school and check back frequently for new posts.
Time you could give to Gliders (roughly): At least 30 minutes a weekday, lots more on the weekend.
Your thoughts on the Gliders: They are adorable and I really want to see them come back <3
Will you be able to keep in touch with me? Either by Secundi or by email/facebook, ect. Yes. I can use Secundi, Facebook, or Skype.

Winged

That's great, thanks! Yeah i hope more people do apply, that makes it easier to judge forms.
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

I know I still have a Lovepair for the 500th Glider but thats totally my bad, cos I was busy with exams etc :) I'll get it filled out soon and send to you I promise!

Winged

Ah right, i'll get that done once i get the form then :)
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

This is very tentative, and I'd be much more comfortable if you have someone else along side me working with this.

Username: SkySong
Adopts you've coloured/managed before: Colibri/Faliskayr, Little Hooves, Little Chimaera to name a few.
Colouring examples: I can fish some up if you like, but I'm pretty sure you know a bit of what I can do.
Time spent on Secundi: Varies, guesstimate maybe an hour or two a day lately.
Time you could give to Gliders (roughly): An hour a week? Maybe two, but I can't say for sure till school starts.
Your thoughts on the Gliders: Love them! It's great to have a dragon adopt like this on secundi.
Will you be able to keep in touch with me? Either by Secundi or by email/facebook, ect. Definitely. Secundi, email, facebook all work for me.

I'm still working sluggishly on the mutations, but coloring is a lot quicker and a bit easier to do than mutations. I can also give breedings a go if you want me to try, but nothings ever completely definite with me.

Winged

Thanks! And yeah, two 'part- time' people will probably be easier :)

I was thinking that if i pick a few people that I'd like for this job and ask them to colour a litter? To give me a better idea of your abilities to colour babies from Gliders that i've likely coloured. There are some outstanding on the breeding thread, and i would pay you all in SG for the litter... Just an idea.
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

red_uni387

Winged

Great, thanks! I'll leave this open for forms a little while longer then do that :)
Owner of Gliders!