News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Starlight Tavern* Quick Event

Started by Starlight Tavern, August 21, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlight Tavern

Quick but hopefully somewhat fun event. If people like this kitty then I might do more like he.

This clever kitty has found a way to paint herself using a dye. Due to a bit of a mischief-streak, she challenges everyone to try and find her recipe. The one who manages to do so will get the honor of her scintillating presence about their tavern.

Dyes can be made out of all sorts of things. To enter, come up with something which can be used to make her dye. Some examples would be a mineral, tree bark, or beetle. You can also do liquids like flower nectar, tree sap or blood if you wish - it's up to you. Please be descriptive! I will be drawing the ingredient (before it's actually an ingredient, obviously. So a flower before it's crushed, the creature the blood came from, etc) that wins.

Original thing:
How to make dye from it: (Grinding the flower and mixing dust with water, collecting sap, etc)
Description of object:

Also, please don't take earth materials as the primary thing. Obviously you can say you're mixing this one flower with obsidian and water or something like that, but just obsidian dust or dust and water isn't what I'm looking for.

Wind Surfers of SGA

Original thing: Cat Nip + Charcoal, Blackberries, Raspberries etc
How to make dye from it: Smash and boil the catnip down to a liquid, then mix in powdered Charcoal for a little substance and also color.  Can also use smashed blackberries, raspberries, green leaves/grass etc, for a different color.  But we like black, so we use just Charcoal.
Description of object: A semi liquid/semi paste substance used for dyeing fur, with a very kitty pleasing scent.

She's beautiful Sky!

Wildfilly94

Original thing: Bamboo Palm Stem + Natural Bee Honey + (Black) Tea Leaves
How to make dye from it: Grind the bamboo stem into a powder with the tea leaves (You may use any type of tea, but we would like a darker type like Black Tea Leaves to get the dark coloring she has). Once ground and mixed, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey to start with, and add more as needed for thinner lines. For the thick dye our bobtail girl has, we would go with 1-1 1/2.
Description of object: A thick black paste with a tinge of honey brown, very sticky, with a nice and comforting scent of honey tea.; Cat friendly!

Ember

Such a cutie! Hopefully I did this alright. o.o

Original thing: Rustweed
How to make dye from it: Rustweed is a necessary part of creating a safe for kitty dye (by substituting actual rust with a plant that mimics the effects of rust powder but is safe for putting directly on skin/fur) with oak galls and lemon juice. Crush the oak galls into a powder form and mix with water. Then grind the rustweed into a powder and mix with lemon juice.
Description of object: The result is in fact two different liquids. The oak gall liquid is used to paint the pattern into the fur and washes out easily if a mistake is made and the rustweed solution sets the black once the pattern is done. For best results, there should be a time lapse between the use of the liquids, but once its set the dye lasts for quite a while!

SkySong

Well this one was my fault entirely. I believe this one will go to Ember. I like the idea of having the two different liquids and the applications she gave them. I'll move her over in a bit!

I feel really bad for the inactivity of the last month, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get into this. I'm not particularly happy with the color system I have and am debating either updating them as they get bred or doing them all at once. So the next major event will either be a breeding type to get some of the kitties already in the system updated, or a flatsale type thing for the bunny cats. The roleplay will have to be something that I respond to as I get motivation, but I'll make more of an effort to get back into it.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed