News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A survey for ALL adoptable followers and collectors~

Started by Neocridders, June 01, 2010, 02:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Hello! I know this should probably be in help, but it seems that if I want people to answer the survey who hang out in this area, it would be better to post here.
Plus, it's possible someone active in adoptables won't think to look in help.

Alright.

The main idea: I want to know what times people are online.

Reason: people complain or mention that they were asleep/at school/at work/whatever else whenever adoptable events go on.

My question is when are people online most? When are people never online? What times are others online that live in different time zones so they are awake while mny others sleep?
This is a research 'project' to find out when people are online and how to be fair to let all participate.

Now, it's sometimes just a thing people say to give a complaint or unconsiously say when things don't go thier way. A sort of excuse. 'Well, I wad asleep' 'I was at school' 'I'm never online for anything!!'

Please understand, this is not directed 'at' anyone. This is completely from my own head, things I might say had I been in this situation. It is not to  make people feel bad for posting those phrases. I'm just trying to find out when people are on.

I'm going to ask some questions. I'm going to make average totals and totals with those not near the average.
I'm going to post my findings later for all to see should they want to, and anyone will be able to do what they want with that info.

Feel free to leave personal questions blank if it's not something you want to share.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PUT ALL TIMES IN SECUNDI TIME. I GET CONFUSED WHEN I HEAR 8:00 and I don't know if that's secundi time or your own time. If ou are unable to figure out secundi time, let me know what time it is for you at midnight and CLEARLY STATE that you are refering to our own timezone after that.

The survey:
How old are you?
What country do you live in?
At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? (include am/pm)
If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be (in secundi time please. If you don't know, I'll do the math from your timezone from the previous question)
Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday?
What time do you wake up on a weekend day?
Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend?
What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays?
What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend?
Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen?
If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen?
What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do?
When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online?
If you live in a country with a timezone ifferent than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at?
Anything you'd like to add?

To make this have an incentive to post, I've got permission to color some adoptables for random entrants. So, about one per every seven or eignt people to fill out a survey will win, assuming that mny people partiipate.
Sorry that it's so long. These questions should be helpful for what I'm looking for, plus it will give anyone who looks a good idea of when events could be posted. Most adoptable owners strive to make surall timezones get opportunities, even if it's not always ompletely equal all the time.

And, as a similar note, remember that when you complain about things going on at times you can make it... Remember that if only five people can win, only five people will. If you were asleep or at work during the time, the five winners will be happy they won, but don't make them feel sad. I mean, someone somewhere in the world is asleep. If we have events that are speed based, or short term, someone will miss it. It's impossible to let every event work for everyone all the time. Just remember that just because you were at work or school doesn't mean the events ALWAYS happen then. It'll be during someone else's work next time maybe. :)  Yeah.

Neocridders

Neocridders

Two. You may post thoughts and surveys and whatever else now. I'll end this sometime in the next week or two.

Leafy

The survey:
How old are you? 27
What country do you live in? USA
At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? (include am/pm) 1am
If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be (in secundi time please. If you don't know, I'll do the math from your timezone from the previous question) 9am
Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday? I take a look around and then proceed to check e-mail, news, other forums.
What time do you wake up on a weekend day? 10am (I'mma hobo)
Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend? yes
What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays? 1-2am
What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend? 1-2 am
Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? sometimes I cook dinner or leave the house?
If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? I find mid-evening usually has the most people online.
What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? I'm always here @_@
When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? I live online u_u
If you live in a country with a timezone ifferent than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? East coast ftw.
Anything you'd like to add? I don't count cause I'm always here lol

YourLoveOnly

I'll answer this in the morning, I'm a bit too busy to play with timezones now. Good idea though!

hiyoko

The survey:
How old are you?: 19
What country do you live in? USA, west coast
At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it?: 10pm
If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be?: 11:00 secundi
Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday?: Yeah, but not so much recently.
What time do you wake up on a weekend day? 10:00 or 11:00 secundi
Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend?: Sometimes
What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays?: 3:00 secundi
What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend?: that varies, but around 3:00
Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? That varies, especially since it's summer and I don't have classes.
If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? Doesn't really matter, though later in the day is good. Like around 20:00 would be nice since it's when I'm usually done with work.
What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? Varies, but I'm usually bored from 14:00 to 3:00
When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? I always get extra time, but that's if my friends don't need me to do something with them.lol
If you live in a country with a timezone ifferent than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? No.
Anything you'd like to add? No

Angella

How old are you? 13
What country do you live in? United States
At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? (include am/pm) 10 a.m
If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be (in secundi time please. If you don't know, I'll do the math from your timezone from the previous question) 6:45 a.m
Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday? No
What time do you wake up on a weekend day? 8-10 a.m.
Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend? Sometimes, not usually
What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays? 9:00 p.m.
What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend? 11:00 p.m.
Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? School 8:00 a.m to 3:20 p.m.
If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? 5:30 to 9:00 p.m.
What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? 5:30 to 9:00 p.m.
When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? I get extra time online when I don't have school- i.e summer, spring/winter break, weekends, etc.
If you live in a country with a timezone ifferent than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? no
Anything you'd like to add?
no

Good idea with this time zone survey btw, I have noticed people complaining about missing events.

Ryuukokoro

The survey:
How old are you?

What country do you live in? USA, east side

At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? 1 AM (I'm an hour later than Secundi)

If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be (in secundi time please. If you don't know, I'll do the math from your timezone from the previous question) I usually wake up at 10 or 11, so that would be 09:00:00 or 10:00:00 for Secundi time

Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday? Sometimes yes, sometimes no

What time do you wake up on a weekend day? Same

Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend? Same

What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays? 2 or 3 am, so 1:00:00 or 2:00:00 Secundi time

What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend? Same

Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? It varies, really.

If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? 20:00:00-23:00:00

What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? 15:00:00-20:00:00, and also the 20:00:00-23:00:00 hours

When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? Work hours vary so I never know what day I'm going to have off that week.

If you live in a country with a timezone ifferent than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? I think I'm close to the timezone most people here live in. I find that if I'm online I don't miss events too much (I do tend to miss them if I have evening work shift but that doesn't happen too often)

Anything you'd like to add? Hope this information helps! (Also one possible solution to this issue could be for people to hold more long-term events and less speed events. Just a thought!)

Neocridders

Also, if anyone lives in the USA, but it's not in the continental timezones (like hawaii) mention that.

I agree, Ryuu, more long term events would reduce this problem, but I'm not trying to suggest people change thier types of events. I'm just honestly curious what times are best for people.
And it's fun to have quicker events sometimes, so I won't say people should o that, but rather look in to holding events at other times.

Of course, this is merely a survey. No one needs to change anything at all. I just feel bad for those in other time zones, and this seems a good way for me to figure out what's best. If anyone else takes the info, that's fine.

Umm, Angella, do you mean 10 pm for your time when it's midnight on secundi?

Angella

YourLoveOnly

The survey:
How old are you? 17
What country do you live in? Netherlands
At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? 7 AM
If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be? 3:00
Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday? yes
What time do you wake up on a weekend day? 4:00
Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend? yes
What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays?  18:00 (yes, that is 1 AM where I live)
What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend? 19:00
Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? No school or work, but I'm usually gone between 5.30 and 6.00 and between 10.30 and 11.00 having lunch and dinner. On saturday I'm usually out with friends between 7.00 and 17:00
If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? During weekdays anywhere between 3:00 and 18:00, during weekends before 6:00 and/or between 17:00 and 19:00
What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? Anywhere between waking up and going to bed, so between 3:00 and 18:00 secundi time. And I'm online a lót because at the moment I don't have that much to do XD
When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? I'm usually online longer during weekdays because I don't currently have school or work and I spend most time with friends during weekends. However their schools are out for the summer right now (they had finals so they have an extremely long vacation) so I may actually be online a little less because they have more time to tag along and do fun things with me, keeping me away from secundi.
If you live in a country with a timezone different than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? I'm lucky to be online a lót, but I usually miss all events between 18:30 and 3:00 secundi time. That's after 1:30 AM for me so yea, I usually try to sleep XD I've noticed a lot of auctions ending and flatsales starting between 19:00 and midnight.
Anything you'd like to add? When something is announced upfront and I really wanna be there I am crazy enough to actually set my alarm clock and wake up XD The last WildGrowths flatsale started at 6 AM my time and I wanted to make sure I got one of my faves so I woke up at 5.30 and was there when it started :P

All secundi times like you asked ^^

Goddesss

The survey:
How old are you?

What country do you live in? USA, west coast

At midnight (00:00) on the clock in the upper right corner, what time of day is it? 10 PM

If you wake up on an average week day at a specific time, what time would that be (in secundi time please. If you don't know, I'll do the math from your timezone from the previous question) Depends on my mood I guess.  Anywhere from 9 AM - 2 PM 

Do you typically get on secundi when you wake up on a weekday? Yes, shhhhh dont tell anyone I usually check here before my own site.

What time do you wake up on a weekend day? Same

Do ou usually get on secundi when you wake up on a weekend? Yeppers

What time do you typically go to sleep on weekdays? sometime between 3 AM and 7 am

What time do you typically go to sleep on a weekend? Same

Throughout the day, do you have work/job/activities on a regular basis? At what time do they happen? I am a stay at home mom and I work for another website.  So I am able to be online unless I am running errands or out with my kids.

If an adoptable event was going on, what times would you like to see it happen? I would like to see more in the middle of the night.  I get board.  Shouldnt people stay awake to entertain me?  (I am being very sarcastic, please no one take that seriously)

What are your free hours? Those times you typically wander to secundi if you have nothing to do? every hour I am breathing!!!  I am so addicted.

When do you get vacations in work/school/activites, if ever, and do you get any extra time online? I would say vacations would give me less time.  Like my son gets out of school tomorrow and we will do more things out during the day.

If you live in a country with a timezone different than a majority of secundi, do you often find you miss events? If so, what times are those events at? I am on the same time zone or around it as most.  I like that there are people in completely different ones because when I am bored in the middle of the night they are in the middle of their day.

Anything you'd like to add? This is a good idea.  I will use it in running my events when I find the time to do it. =)  I have noticed Secundi is pretty dead on the weekends.