+Little Chimaera+ Home Thread ~Next FS 28th Nov~ Games and Auction OPEN

Started by Kage Davies, October 13, 2010, 03:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kage Davies

We are Hiring!
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3165.msg71411#msg71411

Week One Intro Thread at PI (Follow the link to Week Two)
http://ponyisland.net/index.php?rp=1&src=forum&sub=replies&forum=108&topic=2642334#

Adoptables Website, Work in Progress
http://littlechimaera.webs.com/

Welcome to the home thread for adoptables shop, Little Chimaera. You might have seen some of the artwork/ideas knocking around on Gaia, but I can prove that it's mine (I have the original sketches) and none have ever been sold/given away before now. LC is also available on PI  ^^.
Scroll down for games and such.

OPEN FOR POSTING :)

Kage Davies

Little Chimaera is a new adoptable shop ^^. It's going to have lots of different species of pets to adopt, all based around the theme of magical chimaera. In this case, a chimaera is a cross breed between two or more animals that wouldn't normally be able to interbreed. These chimaera are produced by mages for any number of specific tasks.

The shop is set in a massive scale city, where technology and magic sit side by side on a daily basis. A real world example of the kind of scale would probably be Lagos, in Nigeria. Currently, our city doesn't have a name. (Maybe you could suggest one?). The city is expansive. On one border, the coast. Another, the estuary of a great river. At its back is a huge elven forest. The borders of the forest exist much like park land, but the core is a secret place, and only certain people are permitted inside by its curators. There's a large and prosperous uptown centre to the city, a hub of travellers and tourists. And then there's the slums, which extend onto the beach and out onto the water of the estuary.

Until then, all suggestions about the city, its inhabitants and laws etc are greatly appreciated. Cheesy I'll also be working on tying it into the Secundi setting better shortly. Probably something like a trading caravan from the shop. Feel free to make suggestions about that, too ^^.

The shop is going to have a seasonal aspect to it. There will be spring, summer, autumn and winter. During these periods the banner and cert colours will change, and there will be one species that you can only obtain in each season. That includes FS, Customs and Events. Colourists will be expected to adhere to these seasons, too. There will be one big event per season, so that there's an opportunity to get these rarer species with special line edits. Watch this space ~

~ Stick to the Secundi rules, please.
~ No stealing the artwork.
~ Be nice to each other.
~ Do not post in any of the shop threads in light coloured fonts. I cannot read them, my eyes aren't all that great.
~ No whining or begging, please. Also, no claiming, tagging or discouraging others.
~ Roleplay isn't required for your pets to grow, but there will be an extra stage for active roleplayers among other bonuses.
~ It is not necessary to join the forum unless you want to ^^. All of the sales and large events will be held on PI, although the odd contest might remain forum only. Your pets will still grow and breed the same if you don't have an account.
~ Prizes that aren't claimed after a week will be recycled so someone else has a chance to win them. Prizes are claimed when you fill out the form giving them their name.
~ Do not alter your pet's artwork or cert, please.
~ Chimaera pets currently cannot be traded for anything other than other Chimaera pets. I must always be informed of any trades, so I can change the names on the certs.

I think that's it. As long as everyone is sensible, then we shouldn't need more. If in doubt, feel free to ask ^^. I am always available via PM.

Kage Davies

News
13th Oct 2010 ~ Thread opens :).
20th Oct 2010 ~ End of Opening Event.

Calender
17th Oct ~ End of Opening Event
25th Oct ~ Start of Halloween Event
30th Oct ~ Halloween Flatsale
28th Nov ~ Autumn Flatsale
1st Dec ~ Start of Winter
20th Dec ~ Christmas Event

LC Seasons
Spring ~ March - May
Summer ~ June - Aug
Autumn ~ Sept - Nov
Winter ~ Dec - Feb

Kage Davies

Extra stages and pets will become available as we go along ^^. Anything past three stages will probably need some kind of RP input to achieve. You will have to come back to the thread at the correct times to pick up the growings for your pet. Some pets grow faster than others. If you think you've missed a growing or can't find a thread, either post in a current thread or PM me about it ^^.

Fencats ~ 3 Stages

Newborn ~ Adolescent ~ Adult

Fencats, somewhat a cross between a fennec fox and a longhaired housecat, were created to be sold as luxury pets to rich women. They fit nicely in an oversized handbag and become loyal and affectionate to an owner who has a lot of time and attention for them. Their fur is renowned for being silky soft to the touch and very thick. Because of their spoiled lifestyles, a Fencat would have trouble adapting to life as a feral, but it isn't unheard of. They come in all colours, and the more they're bred the more different mutations are cropping up in their lines.

Fencats can be bred once they reach their adult stage and beyond. It takes one week for them to grown from newborn to adolescent, and two weeks more than that to grow into an adult.

Flits ~ 2 stages

Egg ~ Adult

Sometimes known as 'Dinkie Dragons', Flits are miniaturised versions of their considerably larger mountain dwelling cousins. About the length of a forearm, their speed and intelligence makes them perfect for carrying messages across the city. Although they have no wings, they fly by seeming to swim through the air, twisting into fantastic shapes at high speeds. Despite having a homing instinct and enough intelligence to carry messages long distance, Flits can be scatty creatures and tend to hyperactivity. They crave sugar and high energy foods which help to fuel their active lifestyles.

Flits can breed at their adult stage. It takes one week for them to turn from an egg into an adult.

Ryuki ~ 4 stages

Newborn ~ Puppy ~ Adult ~ Elder

The Ryuki is an exotic gentleman's hunting dog. More exciting than a normal dog, they have higher intelligence and come in many colours. They are swift and agile, but can't resist chasing anything that moves fast. They are high maintenance pets that require a lot of excersize and grooming, because of their long silken hair.

Grim ~ 3 stages

Newborn ~ Puppy ~ Adult

The grim were created as a private comission for one of the most wealthy families of the city. They were owned only by this family until they fell on to hard times and agreed to sell the occasional puppy to bring up their income once more. Breeding projects outside of the family are tightly controlled, and the genepool is very small. They are a very rare species of Chimaera, although sometimes there are odd puppies available in the Autumn.

Grim are mischevious and can tend towards harmful pranks. They are unwaiveringly loyal, and make very good personal body guards as well as house guards. They have a strong sense of their own territory, and form strict hierarchial bonds within their own 'families', which often are made up of other Chimaera as well as people. They are stocky and not very travel sized pets though.

Grim are only available as a species choice on Platinum custom tickets. They can be interbred with Ryuki, but there's more chance of getting a Ryuki pup in the litter than a Grim pup. At some point I might work on some hybrid lines :D.

Fey Spirits ~ 1 Stage

Adult

Fey Spirits are beings of pure magic that manifest in an often ethereal form. They are born of a single idea or object, and no two are alike. They develop similarities to the idea or object that they were formed around. Spirits such as these are a natural part of living somewhere with a  very  high concentration of magic. These creatures are very rare, and often can only be seen at certain times of year, or depending on the moon's cycle.

Fey Spirits are very special pets and have their own rules. Each one is uniquely lined, and will never be released again. They can only be bred 3 times in total, but because they are purely magical beings they can breed with any other adoptable regardless of gender. (They do still tend to identify themselves as male or female however.) Most of their babies will be whatever species their partner is, but there is a tiny chance in every Fey breeding that an extra special baby will be born. This chance increases if the Fey is actively roleplayed.

These pets will be available at auction at shop events, and also via very expensive semi custom XD.

Kage Davies

Flatsales
Our next Flatsale will be on the 28th November. This time its an Autumn Leaf theme.

Events
The next event is the Christmas event on 20th December. The Maenah will be officially released then.

Auctions
None for now. Check back soon :).

Kage Davies

None for now. Check back soon :).

Kage Davies

Items

Breeding Charm
This charm is in two halves. Give one half to a boy and one half to a girl chimaera of the same species, and they will soon have babies. One charm is good for one breeding, and does not permit single gender breedings.
Cost: 2000g
Stock: 0

Bonus Ticket
Allows the bearer to keep one extra kit from a breeding.
Cost: 1000g

Gender Charm
Makes the litter all one gender or the other.
Cost: 500g

Plus One Charm
Adds one kit to the total kits in a litter.
Cost: 1000g
Stock 0

Colour Potions yellow - orange - red - purple - blue - green - pink - white - grey - black
Feed one of these potions to your female while she's wearing half of a breeding charm, and her babies will have a layer of markings in the corresponding colour. Combine with a marking potion for more customisation.

Marking Potions Swirls - Stripes - Speckles - Leopard Spots - Hearts - Fade
Feed one of these potions to your female while she's wearing half of a breeding charm, and her babies will have a layer of markings in the corresponding pattern. Combine with a colour potion for more customisation.

Custom Tickets Copper - Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond
All customs will be available in single, two or three stages, which will be different prices. I'll figure out the prices once we open after intro.

Copper - Semi custom, pick a pallette of colours or a theme for your pet.
Cost: 3000g

Bronze - Pick fur colour, eye colour, one layer of marking pattern and colour and gender for your pet.
Cost: 4000g

Silver - Pick fur colour, eye colour, two layers of marking pattern and colour and gender for your pet.
Cost: 5000g

Gold - Pick fur colour, eye colour, three layers of marking pattern and colour and gender for your pet.
Cost: 6000g

Platinum - Customise everything for your pet, add mutations and as many layers as you like.
Cost: 8000g

Diamond - These tickets are specially for creating Spirit Fey Customs. You pick an object or a theme, and make any special requests. Your pet will be created with its own unique lineart.
Cost: $20 USD

Kage Davies

Breedings

Once you have your breeding items, you can post a breeding thread on the forum ^^. If you don't have a forum account, then post the form here and I'l create a thread for you. You can see the information without having to log in.

Each person can only keep one offspring from each breeding. You can give spare kits away, or use a bonus ticket to claim more than one. Or you have a week to trade them in the trades section of the forum. Any kits or eggs left unclaimed by seven days will be sold by the shop. Each breeding will produce between 1 - 3 offspring. To claim your choice of kit, then post the claiming form. If your mother and father Chimaera belong to seperate people, then the person who doesn't post the form needs to post a permission form for their chimaera.

You can specially request colourists for breedings, but they can say no. There may be a little wait for your kits to be done.

Breeding Form:
Username:
Species:
Mother: (Please post their link)
Owned by:
Father: (Please post their link)
Owned by:
Who is providing the breeding charm?:
Breeding items:
Providers:
Colourist?:
Who gets first pick?:

Permission Form:
Username:
Parent: (Please provide link)
Claiming a kit?:

Claiming Form:
Name:
Owner's Name:

Customs

To get a custom, you need to nab a custom ticket. Once you have the ticket, you need to post the right form for your ticket colour. You should use a reference image where ever possible. If you have an account, you should create a new thread in the right board on the forum. If you don't have a forum account, I'll create a thread for you. The colourist you ask for in your form will confirm if they're prepared to do your custom, and give you an estimate of how long it will take. You must check their information and see if they're taking your kind of custom. You can swap one of your marking layers for a mutation layer, if you wish.

Forms:

I have a copper ticket!
Name:
Species:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Theme:
Two Colours:
Special Requests:

I have a Bronze ticket!
Name:
Species:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Fur Colour:
Eye Colour:
Marking One:
Colour:

I have a Silver ticket!
Name:
Species:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Fur Colour:
Eye Colour:
Marking One:
Colour:
Marking Two:
Colour:

I have a Golden ticket!
Name:
Species:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Fur Colour:
Eye Colour:
Marking One:
Colour:
Marking Two:
Colour:
Marking Three:
Colour:

I have a Platinum ticket!
Name:
Species:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Fur Colour:
Eye Colour:
Marking One: (Add as needed)
Colour:
Reference:

I have a Diamond ticket!
Name:
Owner's Name:
Colourist:
Fur Colour:
Eye Colour:
Theme or Item:
Reference:

Kage Davies

Kage Davies ~ Artist and all Rounder

Sunchaser ~ Colourist, Line Artist, RP Manager

Hello my name is Sunchaser. You can call me Sun, Sunny or whatever you wish to lol. I do different projects of inking as well as coloring. I am usually open for USD customs so if you are interested send me a PM and ill see what i have on my plate. I also do regular customs everynow and then and have been known to do a lot of frankens for free. I try and get everything done in a timly manner and if i do not for some reason get it done quickly i will keep you up to date on whats going on or i will refund whatever it is that was currency, wiether is usd or sg. I will not accept either until the custom or whatever is complete. I hope you will enjoy my services :)

Kage Davies

Kage Davies

Sunchaser109 has created some of the newer lines coming in. More info coming soon.

Kage Davies

Kage Davies

Sunchaser

Pick a Door.

Pick a door is free just post "(username) Picks door number___!" In purple
and bold and youll be entered :) Just a note their might be some items behind some doors to ^_^

2.Kahlira
3.Entaeyen
6.Hiyoko
8.Seacrest
9.Skysong
10.Ryuukokoro

[c]

[/c]

Kage Davies

Sunchaser

jojo

Jojo picks door number 8!

Jojo bids 100sg on the ribbon kit!

Jojo claims 1000 tickets for the raffley raffle please! (100,000 sg right?) :)

hiyoko

hiyoko claims 1000 tickets for the raffley raffle, please!

I'd like to claim Door 7!

hiyoko bids 500sg on the ribbon kit!

SkySong

SkySong picks door number 3!

Can't wait to get a Fencat!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

YourLoveOnly

Sunchaser

RAVVANA I am gifting my points kit i just won to you! please post name and owner :)

Ravvana

Ravvana picks door number 6!

Aww, thanks Sun! <3

I will name the creamy points game boy Raziel, please :)

Kage Davies

Up to date. I'll cert Raziel in a minute. Or tomorrow. I am pooped XD.

Thar, she's up.

Sunchaser

Kage Davies

Sunchaser is RP event manager and a some time colourist, so she's in charge of Franken for this event :). Be nice to her.

hiyoko

Sunchaser

Lol thank you Kage ^_^

k here is the form for you all to see whats going to be asked

Form
Fur Colour:
Marking one:
Colour 1:
Marking two:
Colour 2:
Marking three:
Colour 3:
Eye colour:
Breed:

Ill be posting them one at a time once we get a couple people in here

CutieePiee

Whimsy

Sunchaser

Sunchaser

hiyoko

Kage Davies

Sunchaser

Ah yes forgot to put that. Only every 2 guesses can you guess again. Like such

Guess 1-Sunchaser
Guess 2-Kage
Guess 3-Hiyoko
Guess4-Sunchaser

and so forth so Egg is our stage :)

Sunchaser

Breed: Flit-Hiyoko
Stage:Egg-Kage

Fur Color: If you want specific use the code

Sunchaser

Fur Color:Cream-Whimsy

Marking 1: Please dont kill me o.o

Sunchaser

Marking 1:Stripes-Hiyoko

Color of Marking 1:

Ryuukokoro

Ryuukokoro would like Door 10 please! ^_^

and for the franken: blue

Sunchaser

Color of Marking 1: Blue-Ryuukokoro

Marking 2:

For marking please keep simple. Or be willing to wait for htem to be done as i cant find my tablet lol

Sunchaser

Marking 2:Faded:Whimsy

Marking 2 color:

Ravvana

Ryuukokoro

Sunchaser

Marking 2:Faded:Whimsy
Marking 2 Color:Brown-Ravvana

Marking 3:Should we have one if so what is it?

Kage Davies