The Fortune Keepers : Reboot in process

Started by Whimsy, December 19, 2010, 05:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whimsy

Old Info|New Ways|Catch Up

Lineart:Jojo-Secundi
Inking & Shading-Russa-PI
Cert-Willow-PI

You walk into the old gypsies wagon, thinking 'what have I gotten myself into'. Silky fabrics hang from the walls and old burnt candles litter the entire place. In the middle sets an old table with miss matched chairs, and on the table sets a glowing orb. An old wirey haird woman sets behind the the orb, talking quitely about something in your past and how much youve affected our future. She touches the orb lightly and looks up at you "you are young one, are in harms way, you must find an fortune keeper"

In the sky there are things we call 'stars', all along we have been mistaken. These 'stars' are actually bits of fortune, each one contains one good fortune and one bad fortune. When they fall from the sky, these fortunes loose much of thier magic powers. When they are full force the good fortune takes over, and can be released. When they are at a lower force only the bad fortunes can leach out. These bad fortunes must find hosts of some sort. Humans have no majik force so they are the easiest to inbed. Just coming near a 'falling star' we collect these bad fortunes and they come out later in our lifes. Most of the time we dont even know it, and rarely is there anything that can be done. Sometimes we stumble on a still glowing 'star' and then and only then does the star have enough power to release its good fortune with its bad.

The Fortune Keepers

In this world thier are beings, full of majik force. These creatures are our bringers and protectors of all good fortune. They can find and harness the fortunes or 'stars' for their and your own good. The 'stars' are pulled from the sky by the fortune bringers, and held in their small laterns. They can release the good fortunes to allow you to use them, and they turn the bad fortunes into a sort fuel to help them grow. In thier first stage, a fortune keepers is completely helpless, those who have been able to have a fortune protecter at this stage often say they are comparable to a baby rodent. Furless and eyes still fused they give off a glowing arura. This arura attracts all human beings, the parents of the offspring have given them this power so they can flourish and level. Fully leveled keepers can also fly high in our sky to collect full force stars or 'fortunes'

Fortune Keeper Offspring

In their first stage keepers are very fragile. Thier parents find walking sticks and drill them into the ground. They hang a latern and place the small creature in it, sealing it with power force and then leave the creature with an arua. This arura is quite dangerous for humans, it attracts us to them so they have a care taker. However offen we become so obbsessed and in love with the offspring that we forget to take care of ourselves. Some humans get to the point where they pass on and then the offspring arura burns out and it passes on to. So heres your fair warning, if you find yourself wondering into a wooded area, or maybe in a valley in the mountians you being called by the keeper offspring. Once you stumble on the walking stick do not remove the latern, take the entire thing with you, but beware of its force powers!

Keeper Leveling

Once the fortune keeper offspring has grown into a level one stage keeper, they are ready to collect fortunes. They turn these fortunes into fuel, or as i call them keeper points. Once they gain so many keeper points they can level again. There are 3 stages to leveling, the are described in the following

Level One
A very weak keeper, that will often stay close to its human. They only have 1/3 of the the power force that a full leveled keeper does, so they usualy stay away from the others at this point. These keepers are however very good at turning burnt out fortune holders 'stars' into small gems which they attach to themselves soley for looks and status. They are 25 fortune points or below. They often have dull or dingy colors and few markings.

Level Two
This keeper is a good medium of the three stage, the posess at least 1/2 of the power force that they will have as a fully leveled keeper. They will start leaving their humans more, and being with other keepers there level. They still add the gems to themselves to show status. They are 26-50 points, and often have a nice normal coat with a good amount of markings. The keepers wings are just starting to sprout and they are unable to use them to collect fortunes or 'stars'

Level Three
A fully leveled keeper often rarely sees it human. They bring them good fortunes in bundles but rarely stay for long. These humans are often a very high status, as are their keepers. They are 51 points + and have very bright and vibrant coats, and are also usualy coverd in many flamboyant markings. Their wings are now fully grown, so these keepers often gain fortunes faster then others. These keepers are decorated with jewels and thing chains, as to show their high status.

How can i use good fortunes?
This is a very easy thing to use, good fortunes can be turned into custom keepers or used to breed out of season. Depending on the montly turn ins, theres all sorts of things you can do with them!

When is season?
Season is when breeding times comes around, two parents most come together and build a latern for their offspring. Season comes every three months!
Season:November 6th

How long does it take offspring to grow?
With proper care, 2 weeks, without proper care they fade and pass on.

How much care does offpsring take?
Once offspring are born you must post twice a week to keep them alive, if you post more your offspring has a chance of being a higher level. You may post a max of 26 times in two weeks!

How does my keeper gain points?
Keepers get a certian amount of points every 1st of every month, however you must sign up your keepers for the next months point draw. You keeper can gain anywhere for 1-10 points every draw. Otherwise there will be contests and RPs to gain points! For every point your keeper gains you do to!
Any other questions? Please feel free to ask!

General information for the adoptable.
Yes you can be just a collector of this adoptable, however it helps to be involved. Many times we will have RPs to gain more fortunes and so on so please do not be surprised if this a heavily interactive adoptable.

[/b]

Whimsy

Above is basically the old way to running the keepers, I came up with the concept when my mind was still whole..now it is not so its time to rethink this and make it a bit easier on me and everyone on secundi. Trying to RP while most of you are running another adoptable yourselves is hard enough, trying to keep up is another thing.

---

New Story

In the woods during the night you can catch thier glow, a breed of wood nymph that most will never know. They have been set in their ways of secrecy and private life for many centuries and now you threaten to disturb that.

However one great stead comes bearing his gift, he would like to introduce you to a commuinty long forgotten. At once there was great story about this breed of being, but it faded in the past. Now in the present we ask that you bring it back!

This way of life is set in its ways, old as anyone can tell. These creatures live off the energy that they trees give off and they require it to grow into their final life stage at which they are premantly a part of this world. In the final life stage the elder stag is the male part of a duo, he is strong and bold and most often very hard to catch. The female part is a wood spirit of trees long past, she gaurds over the forest of which the stag has chosen as his final living area. Between the two of them, they protect the woodlands that surrond them. Not a tree will fall because of a what a human wants, not one sappling will be trampled by anothers hoove.

---

New Name: The name 'fortune keepers' really dosnt fit the adoptable a new concept. Though I thought about keeping it my life is all about new beginings and so on so I'd like to reopen these guys as something totally different.

The new name will be 'Ancient Life'.

---

At some point I plan to add a humanoid part to this adoptable. Because of this, there is a new level like system.

*Latern Stage
This stage is only able to be with breeding. You may only breed two adult or elder nymphs together.

*Child stage
This stage is atainable through growing of latern stages, and through customs.

*Adult stage
This stage is atainable through growing of child stage, and through customs.

*Elder stage
This stage is atainable through leveling of adult stage only.

---

The elder stage is the one that will be paired with humanoids, if you already have nymphs that would be of the 'elder' stage then you may hang onto them until further notice. Once the humanoid lines are done they will be paired with the elder stage and a new part of the world will be released.

Update:Ms jojo has confirmed that she can do a humanoid staged, and ink it. We wont be releasing it until around febuary for the pure fact that im going to have to gather USD so russa can shade the humanoid stage.

---

This is pretty much it for the time being, their will be a breeding season instead of constant breeding.

For all the old owners who want a re-cert please pm me with this information, Do understand though I'm lagging behind in RL there for I'm Lagging behind on here ><

Whimsy

*Fair warning

Since I'm redoing this shop, it may be a bit before I get it back off the ground. Ill slowly come up with a new concept that is fun and eventful but not to incredibly time consuming for me or anyone else.

When I first started the fortune keepers I told everyone they could turn -all- of thier little bitties into fortune keepers. However theres proved to be to many of the old little bitties so Im now only allowing that up to 3* of your little bitties to be transformed to fortune keepers.