News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Farallon Marking Contest!

Started by Nako, April 08, 2011, 10:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nako

Well, every now and again, a person hits a wall and they're like 'oh dear... I've run out of markings.' And while that hasn't -quite- happened yet, I'd like to prepare a couple of fun markings up my sleeve so that the Farallon stay very diverse.

There are Markings and Overlays. Markings are actual colors being implemented onto the base color in the form of a mark. Overlays alter the color underneath into a lighter or darker version of the original color.

End Date: To be announced at a later date.

First Prize: Gets a semi-custom Farallon with the winning marking type. They will be able to choose the base color and marking color.

Runners Up: For any additional markings I choose, either items or tickets that may be redeemed for Farallon babies will be given out. Babies will either be bred from my stock, or be the 'extras' which people are unable to claim. I'll likely write up the prizes then decide with dice rolls who gets what.

[color=teal]
[b]Marking Name:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Example Image:[/b](If possible, otherwise just N/A)
[/color]

Existing Markings
Stripe
Spots
Primitive striping
False Pinto (Looks like pinto but is actually a marking and thus can be any color.
Swirls
Rosettes
"Doberman" markings (Colors shows up often on the belly, and sometimes on the face and legs)
Tipping (Often shows up on the legs as splashes of color on the toes or legs, as well as on the ends of feathers.)
Back Stripe (Can be a thin line or a large irregular splash of color)

Existing 'Overlays'
Pinto
Apaloosa
Dapple
Bay ((Dark legs sometimes face and tail))
Grizzle Fade (White tipping on the ends of longer hairs)
Brindle

CrystalAngelNeko

Marking Name: Okapi
Description: Looks a tad bit like zebra markings, but only on the legs. Typically white but you might want to make it so the colors can be changed, or even an overlay that makes the color lighter, instead of just white.
Example Image:Click

WolfgangTlouey

Marking Name:  Leopard Spots
Description: Goes along with natural Leopard markings, except it can be something of an overlay for any colour. The outside of the spot is black and the inside is a brighter or slightly darker version of the animal's original colour.
Example Image:Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

Nako

Bumping this as I'm still interested in getting people's input on this.

kunaisa

Marking Name: Rings
Description: Rings all around the body normally blue on an octopuss but would would look look great any other color
Example Image:
http://aquaviews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/blue-ringed-octopus-1.jpg http://www.animalaqua.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/Blue-ringed-Octopus.jpg