News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Introducing Faliskayr! [Need Name from Solistia]

Started by SkySong, May 20, 2012, 05:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

~~~

This will (hopefully) be a  highly interactive adoptable with many adopt based events and roleplaying. As for now, the adoptable best coincides with Secundi's original plot.

~~~

Faliskayr are creatures from a world called Hierj. Intelligent and almost human-like in their thoughts and patterns, they've managed to create a society with all kinds of creatures that in habit Hierj, and even have a language of their own. They enjoy many activities, and are often easily engaged in the world around them. Their world, Hierj, is a beautiful place rich in life. It's separated into five main regions, called homelands. These are Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western, and Central. While where a Faliskayr comes from doesn't effect it terribly, each breed does belong to a homeland, and it is rare to find a particular breed outside its domain.

The portal to Secundi is actually located on an old bridge. The area is so fogged that you can't clearly see the other side, and as the portal is blocking the other half, none know what lay across the bridge. When the portal was first discovered, the Faliskayr took into careful consideration the discovery. Eventually it was decided that while hopefully all the Faliskayr could eventually interact with the world beyond the portal, only a small group would be permitted through first before more would be able to come.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

SkySong

Breeding

Each breed has its own season to breed, often taking about two weeks. During this period breedings will be submitted, and offspring given back to the owner. Generally, the person who submits the breeding keeps the offspring, but as each breed has its own rules, please make sure to check the guidelines before posting your breeding. Also, all breeding information for particular Faliskayr will always be available on the Hierj website.

~~~

As some of you aren't new faces and own a Colibri, you may like to know that they can breed with the Lyriste. While they can't gain Specialty Points, hold a Rank, enter Tournaments or Contests, wear a Crest or other items, they can participate in breeding seasons. Until further notice, the antennas won't pass, but the special dragon mask of id# 183 will have a chance. All colors and markings that the Colibri have may pass to their Lyriste offspring. There is no chance of the offspring being a Colibri.

~~~

Genetics

The Faliskayr genetics are fairly tedious, due to the large variety of colors and markings. However, here is a basic rather long breakdown of how to read their DNA and the meaning of each pair.

Ex:

XX LL OG ss VV OO SSs VV OO ss vv OO ss vv EE Sss VVv BB OO ss vv CC OO ss vv EE EE Sss VVv HdHd II SSs Vvv BfBf PP SSs VvVv ThTh RR SS VVv CtCt RR ss VV WfWf RO SS VV WbWb GG ss vv

The first two pairs deal with gender and species. XX is Female, XY is Male. LL is the only option for that pair until new species migrate over here and simply says the species is a full blood Lyriste.  The next three pairs will tell the color of the base. The third pair - OG - determines the Hue. I'll get more into the options for Hue in a moment. The fourth pair controls the saturation of the previous hue. Saturation is basically the intensity of the color - ss being closer to white than neon. The fifth pair controls the value of the base color. Value is how dark or light something is - VV being closer to neon than black. The next twelve pairs are color pairs used to decide the color of the wings, beak, claws and eyes. The 18th pair is the first marking. Marking genes are incredibly tricky when it comes to breeding, but will be gone over before the end of this block of text. After the marking pair comes the color pairs, then another marking pair, then more color pairs etc.

The hues work similar to this. Each letter to a pair stands for a hue. The hues are as follows:

Red - R orange - O gold - G Rainbow - Rb
Yellow - Y emerald - E teal - T Rainbow - Rb
Aqua - A blue - B indigo - I Rainbow - Rb
Violet - V fuchsia - F pink - P Rainbow - Rb

Pairs where you see a letter repeated - RR, EE, VV for examples - the color will be the hue of the letter. When you get a heterogeneous pair like RO, then you run into problems. The order of the colors as shown above shows which color shows over the next. So Red shows over all but yellow, aqua, and violet. Orange shows over gold, teal, indigo,  pink, and rainbow. Gold, teal, indigo and pink over rainbow. When you end up with a pair like RY or YR, then the letter that comes first is the hue of the color.

Markings are also rather variable. The first three markings - pairs 18 22 an 26 - are relatively simple. 18 deals with if there is a beak marking, and you may end up with BB, Bb, or bB - which means no beak marking - as well as bb, which means there is a beak marking. 22 is quite similar - CC, Cc, and cC mean no claw marking, and cc means there is one. 26 is also similar - EE, Ee, and eE for no eye marking, and ee for one. The minimal amount of pairs in a Faliskayr breed depend on the species, but the Lyriste have a minimum of 29.

The 30th pair is the first pair for body and wing markings. Certain markings - tiger and thylacine don't go together, so they occupy the same pair space. When a Faliskayr with the tiger marking is bred to one with a thylacine marking, then they combine, and you see something like this - TiTh, and their colors blend together. However, if say a Faliskayr with wing bands is bred to one that doesn't have a marking occupying that pair space, then the color of the wing bands stays the same. However, when a marking is bred to an open space like that, then you have a chance of it becoming hidden or disappearing all together. If the wing bands - WbWb - are bred to an open space, you may get WbHid which means the wing bands are hidden. If that is then bred to another open space, it may not show up in the grandchildren of the original Faliskayr.

Multiple Colored Markings: Some markings have two or more colors - although it is extremely uncommon. When this happens you will see the marking pair, then six, nine, twelve, etc amount of color pairs after it. However, the farther along the color pairs you go, the less likely they are to pass. So say you have a tail fade with three colors, and you breed it to a Faliskayr with no tail fade. The first color will pass if the second color passes, and the second color passes if the third color passes. However there is a small chance of two colors passing, and an even smaller chance of all three colors passing. However, if a tail fade with three colors is bred to another tail fade of three colors, the offspring will have a tail fade with three colors.

A list will be compiled of all the markings and added to as I go along. It will also include a list of which ones combine (Tiger and Thylacine) and which show over the other. (Thylacine over Zigzag) Also, something to note - if I do eventually make template markings, they will be marked with an asterisk (*). They will behave mostly like normal markings, but when bred to the same marking untemplated, there will be a slightly greater chance of the marking being template instead of hand drawn.

To those who wish to check out your own Faliskayr's genetics, as well as see the list of markings, let me direct your attention to here. It's still being edited a bit, and pages will reappear and disappear (I'll try to keep that to a minimum) as information will be added and removed as the adoptable fleshes out.

SkySong

Tournaments

Tournaments are a future feature where all Faliskayr may come and compete. There will be different criteria, and several different prize options. All tournaments will be recorded. The criteria might include homeland, breed, rank,  specialty points, or even the stage the Faliskayr entering are. Prizes might include Specialty Points, Items, or other Feliskayr. There will be a time period for entering, and once that has closed, the participants will face off in pairs. If there is an odd number, chance will choose one Faliskayr to participate in the next round. (If four participants, there will be two rounds.)

~~~

Show Contests

Show Contests are held to 'promote' Faliskayr for breeding. Typically they are held two at a time, one for males and one for females. Only one breed may enter; the one that is breeding next. The winners of the two contests are then each given an extra breeding slot for the season. Like the tournaments, there will be an entering period, and then judging follows. Anyone may judge, but everyone only has two votes; which cannot go to the same Faliskayr. Anyone caught bribing/begging/annoying people into voting for their Faliskayr will be removed from the show. An owner can enter as many of their own Faliskayr as they wish. If there are ties, then another mini contest will be held between the tiers.

~~~

Calender

Opening ~ May 20, 2012

SkySong

Breeds

Picture:
Creature Name: Lyriste
Little bit of information: The first breed to cross over to Secundi. They are small, agile birds.
Default Points:
Manifesting - 0
Insight - 1
Agility - 3
Control - 2
Strength - 0
Speed - 3
Intelligence - 2
Culture - 1
Homeland: Southern

~~~

Items

Items work both on a general and more specific scale. The general items will work for all breeds, while the other items are sorted under the name of the breed of Faliskayr that they work with. Keep in mind that certain decoration items can't be worn with other items.

General

Picture:
Name: Red Bandana
Effect: Decoration
Price: N/A
For Sale: No

Picture:
Name: Aqua Bandana

Picture:
Name: Emerald Bandana

Picture:
Name: Yellow Bandana

Lyriste

Picture:
Name: Nectar Feeder
Effect: Full Custom

Picture:
Name: Sugar Feeder
Effect: Semi Custom

Picture:
Name: Zedshankas
Effect: allows same gender breeding

SkySong

Crests

Crests are odd stones that have their own unique effect on the Faliskayr that wears them. They may be added or removed at any time, but while a Faliskayr is wearing a crest, it cannot be traded. Crests are rare and completely optional, but cannot be traded.

Crest Picture:
Crest Name: Temendu
Effect: Allows an offspring to inherit some of their parents' points.

Crest Picture:
Crest Name: Valshek
Effect: Gives a Faliskayr a slight advantage over others.

~~~

Class

Faliskayr classes primarily effect roleplay and tournaments. There are five different standard classes a Faliskayr may occupy. In order to be considered one class or another, the Faliskayr must meet certain criteria.
Most of these criteria consist of certain levels in Specialty Points, but there may be certain classes that are obtained by other means.

Class: Normal
Criteria: Default

Class: Magi/Caster
Criteria: 10 total points in Manifesting/Insight

Class: Rogue/Stealth
Criteria: 10 total points in Agility/Control

Class: Warrior/Fighter
Criteria: 10 total points in Strength/Speed

Class: Noble/Scholar
Criteria: 10 total points in Intelligence/Culture

~~~

Specialty Points

Points are gained a couple of ways. They may be given out during events, won in a tournament, or earned in roleplay. Different breeds have different base levels of points, which can be taken advantage of, especially in tournaments.

*Manifesting
*Insight
*Agility
*Control
*Strength
*Speed
*Intelligence
*Culture

SkySong

Games

Alright, to get things started, here's some games.

Pick-A-Door
Doors have opened!
1. Wildfilly94
2. Solistia Female Lyriste
3. Luv007
4. Alnaeyah
5. Aralie Male Lyriste
6. Kadana Sorano
7. BabyKittenCandy
8. CrystalAngelNeko
9. Willow Male Lyriste

Slow Franken~Closed

For Luv! Name and Owner, please!

Raffle
Ends: June 20, 2012 22:00 Secundi time
Wildfilly
Wildfilly

~~~

Survey

While the Faliskayr are generally amiable, they would prefer to know a bit about you. Please fill this form out as best as possible. You may edit your answer at anytime so long as you tell me.

Name: (This will be used during any roleplays, and on certs.)
Other adoptables: (Both ones you have run/colored for and ones you currently participate in)
Favorite Color:
Favorite Marking:
Why you are interested in Faliskayr:
General times you are online(Secundi time): (This is so that when planning events - when they start, when they end - I can make sure everyone has the chance to participate)
Anything you might want to add:

SkySong

BabyKittenCandy

CrystalAngelNeko

SkySong

The pick a door has been updated. :) Thank you both!

Aralie

Door 5 please!

Name It - Aurora

Name: Andrea
Owner: Aralie
Colors: White, Pale Rainbow, Pink
Markings: clouds, stripes and spots

Franken - Gender - Male

SkySong

Updated! Thanks Aralie, I'll get started on your custom either tonight or tomorrow. :)

Aralie

Sounds good ^_^

for the survey for participate in do you mean ones you collect or work for?

SkySong

Ones that you collect, mostly, but you can take the question any way you want. You may list as many as or as little adoptables run here.

Aralie

Alrighty ^_^

Name: Aralie
Other adoptables: LC, Quinsta, Feli, Evolyx, Gliders, Okibi
Favorite Color: Dark Red
Favorite Marking: Stripes of any kind
Why you are interested in Faliskayr: Great art and colouring and many fun events <3
General times you are online(Secundi time): umm... anytime between 07:00 to 00:00 XD
Anything you might want to add: You are awesome? ^_^

Luv007

Yay, sky!!

Door 3 please!

How much for a custom and when do events end?

Kadana Sorano

Glad I decided to check Secundi before bed!  OK let's see..

Pick-A-Door Door # 6 please.

Name-It Name her Cadence

Custom-Slots (how much do I owe you?)
Name: Sorrow
Owner: Kadana Sorano
Inspiration: Sorrow, sadness, melancholy

Franken Base = Midnight Blue

Will have to get back to you on marking name suggestions and the survey, been up for 27 hours now, getting hard to think coherently lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

SkySong

Aralie~ Lol  :D Why thank you very much!

Luv~ I'm not charging for the customs for now, haven't decided on prices for them yet. I think I'll have the events end in about a week or two, depending on how busy things are. I'll probably decide within the week exact dates.

Kadana~ Thanks anyways! Get some rest. :)

Again, thanks everyone!

Alnaeyah

Door #4 please.

Name it: Dream

Franken - Beak - Silver

CrystalAngelNeko

I picked door 8 not 9 ♥

Name It: Gwen

Name The Marking: Ripples (because the look like the surface of water)

Franken: Claws - Silver

SkySong

Opps! Sorry Crystal. :( Changed now! Only three doors left!

I'll go color the customs now.

A question for everyone who will be using the genetics - is it more fun for you to guess the genetics, or do you want me to give you guys the codes when I cert them?

Solistia

SkySong

SkySong

Both customs are in the claims post, and Aralie and Kadana can post another custom. :)

Kadana Sorano

Name The Marking

Race Stripes
Speed Lines

I dunno, looking at them now, they look like the designs I put o my cars in need for speed.  So atm I just keep thinking of speed/racing words lol

Survey

Name: Kadana Sorano
Other adoptables: I own/run Shadowgate Adoptables, there are several lines in the shop, but atm only Storm Chasers are on Secundi.  I follow a lot of adoptables on Secundi, not sure I can remember all of them to list..
Favorite Color: Black (I like Black, green and silver/grey equally really, but if I have to choose just one then atm it would be black)
Favorite Marking: hmm this really depends on the adoptable, as some look better on diff adopts/worse on others.  I'll go with Multi Stripe for now I guess.
Why you are interested in Faliskayr:
General times you are online(Secundi time): I don;t know any more :(  Things have been so quiet here, I got busy elsewhere and don;t check back as often as I used to.
Anything you might want to add: yes, my Sorrow looks awesome, thank you :)

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: SkySong on May 21, 2012, 01:28:46 PM
A question for everyone who will be using the genetics - is it more fun for you to guess the genetics, or do you want me to give you guys the codes when I cert them?

If/when I decide to dabble with them, I would prefer to not have to guess.  So I'd like them given when they are certed.

Franken Eye = White

Custom Slot
Name: Joy
Owner: Kadana Sorano
Inspiration: Joy, Pleasure, Happiness

CrystalAngelNeko

Wildfilly94

Name: Wildfilly94
Other adoptables: Spongequines, Evo. Faudeer, Quinsta, Feli, Gliders, LC, ...
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Marking: Lionfish craziness. XD
Why you are interested in Faliskayr: I miss colibri, and these are closely related. :p
General times you are online(Secundi time): 10:00-21:00
Anything you might want to add: Love these! :D

Pick-a-Door:
Door 1 Please <3

Name Me:
Name the pretty girl - Morgaine (<3 Mists of Avalon)

Franken:
Marking 1 - Paint

SkySong

Thank you everyone for your input so far! I've had a busy day and probably won't get to anything between now and bed time, but I'll get back onto things tomorrow!

On a side note, only one door left!

SkySong

Sorry for disappearing so randomly on everyone! I'm hopefully back - although I make no guarantees as my school year winds to a close. I'll color Kadana's custom in a bit, and then see about some games to liven things up.

BabyKittenCandy

Name it:

Decadent Dancer

Franken:

Colour: White

SkySong

Everything done to this point.

Here's a game for everyone:

1. (1-2)
2. (1-15)
3. (1-5)
4. (1-5)
5. (1-5)

I'll color accordingly to the numbers you pick. :)

BabyKittenCandy

Oh yay!

1. 2
2. 11
3. 3
4. 1
5. 5

Aralie

Love these!

1. 2
2. 5
3. 2
4. 5
5. 4

SkySong

Colored, BKC. He's ready to be named whenever. :) I'll start on Aralie's.

BabyKittenCandy

Wow!! He is perfect!!! Totally me! Now to think of a fitting name :)

SkySong

Glad you like him. :) Aralie, yours is finished as well.

Aralie

He is awesome! I will name him Foren please ^_^

SkySong

Named and re-uploaded for you!

Kadana Sorano

Joy has been picked up, thank you she's lovely :)

1. 1
2. 1
3. 5
4. 3
5. 2

Franken

Marking 2: multi-stripe

SkySong

Glad you like! I'm afraid I'll have to color your number Lyriste later - it's late over here and I have school in the morning... Goodnight everyone!

Luv007

Name it:  Kakarauri; meaning dusk, or literally cloaking of darkness

Her coloring reminds me of the sun setting late in the evening, especially with that fading tail marking. I couldn't resist. 

Custom Slot

Name: (May be named after colored)
Owner:  Luv007
Base:  White
Wings: Light Cyan
Beak: Light Orange
Claws: Light Orange
Eyes: Cyan
Marking 1: Various animal prints (zebra/leopard/ect)
Color: Light rainbow hue across
Marking 2: Swirly markings around eye
Color: Light green
Refs:  Just pulling this out of no where.  Have fun!

Franken:

Marking 2: Fading

Name the Marking:

Rivlets

Survey:

Name: Luv007
Other adoptables: Fables are mine; I follow the Colibri, Feli, Quinsta, TheStable, and TheKennel.  If I leave anything else out, forgive me.  Brain isnt' all here right now.
Favorite Color: blue; color combo: white/black and bright colors
Favorite Marking: SO MANY!  Haha.  I think I'll go with... tribal, but really anything unique.
Why you are interested in Faliskayr:  Loved the Colibri, love these.  And I ADORE your plans.  As you well know.  :)
General times you are online(Secundi time):  Uhm... I'm going to go with when I absolutely will NOT be online... and that's between 01:00-10:00 if I'm doing my math right.
Anything you might want to add:  You mean about your awesomeness.... because lots of that should be added.  I can't wait for all the things you have planned!  Keep up the good work. 

Funness:

1. 2
2. 7
3. 3
4. 1
5. 3

Solistia

1. 2
2. 5
3. 4
4. 3
5. 4

Random.org picked these out for me, let's see how they look |D

Wildfilly94

SkySong

Finished Luv's number custom. I believe I forgot to mention this, but once you name your first number custom, you may get another.

Also, I'm not sure how much more I'm going to get done today. It's starting to get late, and I should get more rest than I did the previous night.

Wildfilly94

Name: Sally
Owner: Wildfilly94
Base: Pale Blueish
Wings: Pale Blueish
Beak: Red
Claws: Black
Eyes: White
Marking 1: See Ref
Color: See Ref
Refs: 

I'd like to reserve a second slot as well.

Name: Jack Skellington
Owner: Wildfilly94
Base: Black
Wings: Black
Beak: Black
Claws: White
Eyes: Black
Marking 1: See Ref
Color: See Ref
Refs:

Will there be an option at some point to re-create colibri as Fali? Or should we just get customs and use the colibri as the ref? I'd LOVE some of my beauties to become Fali <3

Wildfilly94

Luv007

OMG Sky!  He is gorgeous!!!  Thank you!!  And don't wear yourself out.  Get some sleep!!

SkySong

Wild - I've toyed with the idea of that, but I didn't give it too much thought. I figured that being able to breed your Colibri to the Lyriste would be enough for those who really liked some of their Colibri. And honestly, seeing as I'm using a different program now than I did with most of the Colibri, they wouldn't turn out the same.

I'll go update the events and then start on coloring again. :)

Thanks Luv! Glad you like him.

Wildfilly94

Ohh, okay. :) Makes sense. I do like the breeding mix of Colibri with the Lyriste idea. :)

Marking 2 Color: Cloudy-White