SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{The Kennel} January Competitions

Started by TheKennel, January 10, 2010, 08:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKennel

Chomp!

First owner to post My dog __________ is hungry! will get the bowl. <3

Remember, the dog must be entered in the comp to participate.

indigowulf

can you get more then 1 bowl for the same dog?

red_uni387

Goddesss

Neocridders

TheKennel

yes, you can grab more than one with one dog - it adds to their bonus for this comp only.  You cannot equip multiple to a dog, though... that would be silly :D

Chomp!

Neocridders

indigowulf

TheKennel

Chomp!

Ryuukokoro

My dog Kohaku is a pig. He tells me he needs FIVE bowls on his cert, thankyouverymuch (one could fit on top of the doghouse he says... >.>)

Neocridders

indigowulf

Neocridders

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 31, 2010, 07:05:43 PM
My dog Kohaku is a pig. He tells me he needs FIVE bowls on his cert, thankyouverymuch (one could fit on top of the doghouse he says... >.>)

That made my day :)

TheKennel

Last bowl!

Chomp!

indigowulf

TheKennel

Okay, here is the grabber list!

1-Opal - Taru
2-Calcifer - Mutt
3-Opal - Taru
4-Calcifer - Mutt
5-Minkah - PM
6-Smudge - dunkel
7-Taffy - hiyoko
8-Minkah - PM
9-Taffy - hiyoko
10-Smudge - dunkel
11-Kokoro - Ryuu
12-Kokoro - Ryuu
13-Johannes - kadana
14-Holly - Goddesss
15-Johannes - kadana
16-Holly - Goddesss
17-River - red
18-Mardi - neo
19-Mardi - neo
20-Smokey - indigo

I'm going to go check any last minute entries, add bonuses, and then run the comp!

After I pull my dinner from the oven!

TheKennel

January Stamina Winners

#1504 Mardi - Neocridders +6 - 10 = 16 - 8 = 24 - 3 = 27 First Place
#1932 Tando - tierasa +1 - 9 = 10 - 9 = 19 - 6 = 25 Second Place
#489 Rhona - Lectral +2 - 9 = 11 - 10 = 21 - 2 = 23 Third Place

#1244 Trouble - Lectral +4 - 10 = 14 - 10 = 24 - 10 = 34 First Place
#684 Shadow - BabyKittenCandy +3 - 10 = 13 - 10 = 23 - 10 = 33 Second Place
#839 Mabyn - Lectral +4 - 9 = 13 - 7 = 20 - 6 = 26 Third Place

#886 Cinnabar - Taruia +1 - 9 = 10 - 10 = 20 - 9 = 29 First Place
#1145 Johannes - Kadana +7 - 10 = 17 - 7 = 24 - 1 = 25 Second Place
#1657 Kurimja - tierasa +5 - 9 = 14 - 10 = 24 - 1 = 25 Third Place

#956 Army - DunkelPrinzessin +3 - 9 = 12 - 10 = 22 - 9 = 31 First Place
#9583 HC Kiritsu - sera +1 - 9 = 10 - 10 = 20 - 7 = 27 Second Place
#224 Shimmer - ryuukokoro +5 - 10 = 15 - 7 = 22 - 5 = 27 Third Place

#1294 Jester - BabyKittenCandy +2 - 9 = 11 - 9 = 20 - 9 = 29 First Place
#1695 Little Soldier - ryuukokoro +2 - 9 = 11 - 8 = 19 - 8 = 27 Second Place
#1146 Jadzia Dax - Kadana +2 - 10 = 12 - 10 = 22 - 1 = 23 Third Place

#338 Hasan - Lectral +7 - 9 = 16 - 8 = 24 - 8 = 32 First Place
#556 Handsome - Goddesss +3 - 8 = 11 - 9 = 20 - 10 = 30 Second Place
#1140 Molan - Ravvana +4 - 5 = 9 - 10 = 19 - 9 = 28 Third Place

http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/competitions/competitionresults/Stamina-Jan%202010.html

TheKennel

Ryuukokoro

Eeee this is Little Soldier's first time placing! ^_^ All right! Congrats to everyone!

Neocridders

:) Mardi got a first place!
Oh, so excited!

TheKennel

And now..... January 2010 Best in Show results!

#1055 Remy - tierasa 34/30 = 113 - 9 = 122 - 10 = 132 - 5 = 137 First Place
#565 Painter - ryuukokoro 33/30 = 110 - 9 = 119 - 1 = 120 - 10 = 130 Second Place
#1244 Trouble - Lectral 34/30 = 113 - 2 = 115 - 7 = 122 - 3 = 125 Third Place

#684 Shadow - BabyKittenCandy 33/30 = 110 - 9 = 119 - 7 = 126 - 8 = 134 First Place
#1815 Chloe - Toryn 31/30 = 103 - 9 = 112 - 5 = 117 - 8 = 125 Second Place
#338 Hasan - Lectral 32/30 = 106 - 2 = 108 - 7 = 115 - 8 = 123 Third Place

#1055 Remy - tierasa 34/30 = 113 - 9 = 122 - 10 = 132 - 5 = 137 First Place BEST IN SHOW

http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/competitions/competitionresults/BIS_Agility-Jan%202010_Conformation-Jan%202010_Stamina-Jan%202010_1264987480.html

PonyMama

wow my dogs did horrible this whole month, hardly placing and not even one almost for best in show

Ryuukokoro

PonyMama

TheKennel

And items have all been added to the correct accounts!

*now, scurries back to own account*

indigowulf

dont feel bad PM, ive never had a dog so much as place.

Goddesss

Taruia

Guys, just a little prod, the shiny is completely random, you're gonna go through patches where it doesn't like you. That's life. I quit competing for almost 4 months because of that. If you don't like the results, please don't post about it. Either stop competing for a while, or just deal with it.

Congrats to everyone who placed this month! Great scores all around!

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

red_uni387

Congrats to everyone that placed <3

poor little Bunny, maybe I should stop mentally pressuring him

tierasa

Congrats to all of the winners.

WOW! Remy got BIS? That's great. Thanks guys.

And now, Kaenari shall be officially retired. She has enough points for champion status.

indigowulf

I understand the rounds are random, Im not complaining about it. I only have 3 dogs in the shiny, my odds of winning are low from the start, which is my own fault.

However, from what I understand, the randomness only effects the rolled numbers each round. It doesnt effect the fact that champion dogs, with thier points advantage, are in the same class as newbie dogs with nothing but a champ pack.

Secundi competitions are split by level, which means I win a lot less, but I really like it. I had an unfair advantage because I had creatures early on and leveled them hard. Maybe it's karma for me winning those before the level splits, because I feel like I'm on the other end of that now.

I'm not trying to attack or disrespect the way anyone runs thier own adoptable. I just personally believe the phrase "completely random" is inaccurate. From this point on, I will not mention if my dogs don't win. On the flip side, I wont mention if they DO win, because that keeps it fair- if we arent allowed to say 1 because its seen as complaining, I wouldnt want to be seen as bragging if I say the other.

PonyMama

Yeah not complaining no worries Taru, was just stating that apparently not my month.  I did ok last month, just not this month.  Oh well there is always next month right?!

Taruia

Indigo - to prove that completely wrong...my dog Opal has 17 points, and I got her +2 more with the item grabs. She didn't place this week. My dog Cinnabar had 2 points, no + for any past wins in this event, item grabs, or points, but she got a first place. I'd say that's pretty random.

Because there are only 30 points needed to become a champion, and only a few people continue competing champions, it wouldn't make any sense to split levels. And because 30 points only adds a +6, getting a +2 in item grabs, a +1 for specialization, and possibly a +1 for past win, really evens the playing field.

Again, if you don't like the way we run comps, don't participate. I really don't appreciate any aspect of your post.

You claim:
QuoteI'm not trying to attack or disrespect the way anyone runs thier own adoptable.

But that is exactly what you are doing right now.

PonyMama

which reminds me, Kazan has over 30 poitns but not too sure how to replace him in the shiny with a secundi dog (that hasa  champ pack)

Taruia

It's basically the same except:

QuoteSecundian dogs: If between 0 and 2412, use the System ID plus an s at the end, such as 2412s. Dogs over #2412, use just the System ID, ie. 2413. There is no need to change the number if you import dogs already added, unless you want to make life easier for the ribbon adder.

Goddesss

I would retire Holly since she has well over 30 points but I would like her to get a BIS ribbon before she retires. =)

PonyMama

OK I shall go retire Kazan who has I think 49 points and all his ribbons, and then add soemone else.

Ok next question, I traded a dog that was entered int eh shiny.  He is still under my account int he shiny, do I remove him?

Taruia

Ummm...that I don't know the answer to lol...that would be a Silv question.

PonyMama

Lectral

actually, that depends on if the other person wants to compete them.  We can go in and change the owner, I did that for a dog that was traded to me a while back.  I don't think you can actually remove your own dog from the system... I'm not sure there is even a function to entirely remove a dog from the system O.o

That one would be a Silv question for sure

PonyMama

Dog #1241 (still on the cert even though he is in Secundi), his new name is Gwyn
Now belongs to Ravvana
http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/owners/d/9767-3/1241.jpg

Lectral

Okay, I can switch him over to her name tomorrow, can probably also change his link

PonyMama

BabyKittenCandy

My Goodness! Shadow placed well :)  *pats Shadow*

Gz everyone!

Silvanon

There's not a function to completely remove a dog from the system, because then all info on that dog's winnings and points and such would be lost.  We're not keeping those records independantly anymore.  If you have a dog in the shiney that goes to a new owner, then please contact the Kennel staff to have the dog moved.  The dog will be moved either to the new owner's account if they have registered on the shiney, or it will be moved to a "traded dog" owner account where it will be held until such time as the new owner signs up for the shiney and requests their dog be transfered to them.

Edit:  In case anyone wants to check what dogs are being held in the Traded Dogs account, here's the owner page:  http://www.lemontoss.com/kennel/competitions/ownerpage.php?OwnerID=133