Username: hiyoko
Kennel Name: Nevermore Kennels
Kennel Prefix: NK
Kennel Link: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8856.msg167044#new
Starting Pair: Landrece

PonyMama

I love my pair, now to sift through for the perfect call names

Misplaced

Aw, Locket has many fans. She was actually an early development sketch that I loved too much to leave.

CrystalAngelNeko-
I'm glad you wanted hooves.

Ryuu-
Yay stories!

PM-
If it helps, I kept referring to the male as 'spooks' in my mind.

Misplaced

Animal Guessing - First Round!
Rules:

1.If you win a round, you must sit out the next. But after that you can join in again!
2.You can guess up to three times in separate posts, but must allow three other people to guess before you can submit your next guess.

See edited post after 'kennel registry' for tips.

The first animal is the poster boy for endangered wildlife.

The second animal is a north american waterfowl so commonly seen it is considered a pest.

This round is open!

red_uni387

Misplaced

Both animals must be guessed right to win.

Edit:So I can't let you know. :P

red_uni387

oh i see! thought they were separate XD

1. giant panda
2. mallard

Ryuukokoro

It's 2 am here, why I am awake!? D:

1.) Giant Panda
2.) Canadian Goose

Kadana Sorano

1. Giant Panda
2. Canada Goose

I woke at 2am this morning as well Ryu!  Weird o.o
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Misplaced

Ryuu got it first!

Show Name:Unheard Of
Call Name:
ID:LM003
Birthday:22/03/2013
Breed:Landrece (rough)
Gen:1
Lineage:wild

Conformation:Good
Athletics:Fair
Temperament:Fair

Breed shows:
1st:0
2nd:0
3rd:0

Sport competitions:
1st0

Total Points: 0

It's 3am here. I usually stay up a few more hours cause I'm a night person.

Round 2 tomorrow!

Winged

Thank you for mine! So pretty, and I do like the Anmun, for me it was a choice between the Landrace and them for my kennel.

ETA: And that animal mimic is lovely!
Owner of Gliders!

BabyKittenCandy

Ryuukokoro

*jaw drop* Oh. My. God. o____o WOW he is gorgeous!! Oh man I wasn't planning on breeding or showing Landrece but he is just too pretty to give up! *hugs*

The funny thing is, even though Maine shares a border with Canada, we don't really have any Canadian geese here. Not in the southern part of the state, anyway, where all the people are. (The northern half of Maine is just pine trees and ranger stations. There might be some up there. XD )

BUT I lived out west in Indianapolis for a year and there's TONS of Canadian geese there! Haha they really are a pest, though I'm a lover of all things winged and yes, I love geese. But I would see these guys would just walk right across a busy four-lane street, never mind if cars are coming right at them, not even pausing. They had no fear. And they would land in giant flocks and take over your front yard without warning. You'd just wake up and find like 10 giant birds in your yard one morning. Hahaha. Oh but I loved them...so pretty and so fearless! ......actually, Fearless is a pretty good name for my new guy! ^__^

On another note, it occurred to me last night that I think my kennel wants to try to crossbreed Eski and Inse successfully, to see if I can make a new long-coated breed designed to work in mountain regions comfortably. ^_^ Yay for new goals!

Misplaced

Winged- Glad you like her.

Ryuu - Well, he has a rough coat so I think he can stand the temperatures.

Oh really? That surprises me. I see them here(Maryland) all the time. I think one tried to attack me once when I was a toddler, my mother told me about it but I don't remember. Fearless indeed.

On your new goal, that's great, I didn't think anyone would try to create a new breed. Keep in mind, if you can get a mutation to appear a lot in a breeding program then that can contribute to a new breed's standard. Most of the current breed's attributes were mutations that became common.

YourLoveOnly

The whole new breed thing sounds really exciting. Also, Ryuu shares my love for fluffy dogs, awesome XD

Country

I live in Arkansas, and the geese are horribly thick here in the winter, they are everywhere! Candian Geese as well as Snow Geese, and several different types of ducks.

Ryuukokoro

I didn't know you were in Maryland, Misplaced! Actually I thought you were over in Britain because you listed the caprani's birthdays with the day first and then the month, which I always thought was a Europe-only practice. XD; That's what I get for assuming!

Quote from: Misplaced on March 22, 2013, 02:50:25 PM
On your new goal, that's great, I didn't think anyone would try to create a new breed. Keep in mind, if you can get a mutation to appear a lot in a breeding program then that can contribute to a new breed's standard. Most of the current breed's attributes were mutations that became common.

Oh yes! A lot of adoptables here on Secundi have specific goals through breeding so we are a breeding-happy kinda place lol. When I saw the Capranis Information page where it says: "Sometimes if breeds are bred together carefully enough, and consistency is achieved, a new breed is born," I got excited right away! ^_^

I am excited about the mutations, too! I must admit I love the hooves on CrystalAngelNeko's pretty girl, and I got super interested when I saw on the information page that "Kacia are more likely than other breeds to sport dainty fairy wings and antennae." That sounds so cool! Can't wait to see some of those.

Misplaced

I unwittingly started doing dates the European way because that's how I thought everyone did them. It simply made sense. Nowadays I try to do it month/day/year so not to confuse the people I'm around, but I slip into doing it the other way when I'm not thinking about it. It's simply more natural to me, I didn't notice doing that on the Caprani until you pointed it out.

I'm very happy users want to make goals and strive for them. I can't wait to show you guys how I do breeding, it is luck the draw with a little artistic license on how features play out.

As for the winged Kacia, well you'll probably see one sooner than you realize.

Misplaced

Animal Guessing - Second Round!
Rules:

1.If you win a round, you must sit out the next. But after that you can join in again!
2.You can guess up to three times in separate posts, but must allow three other people to guess before you can submit your next guess.

See edited post after 'kennel registry' for tips.

The first species might remind you of a brachiosaurus.

The second animal species uses their scent glands to dab it's tail to fight off competitors of the same species. It lives on an island.

This round is Closed!

YourLoveOnly

PonyMama

Bunraku

PonyMama

Misplaced

YLO got it.

Show Name:Fractured MudBank
Call Name:
ID:AF003
Breed:Anmun

Conformation:Fair
Athletics:Poor

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

PonyMama

wasn't sure if we had to specify what type of giraffe, but either way congrats YLO

red_uni387

congrats Ryuu and YLO :D

Username: red_uni387
Kennel Name: Beautiful Hearts Kennel
Kennel Prefix: BHK
Starting Pair: Inse

cannot resist the fluffiness <3 I think I wanna create a crossbreed between the Inse and Kacia so there are fluffy winged pretties :P Can the wings actually be used in flight for the Kacia?

sera

Congrats, guys!  They are both fantastic!  i especially love those giraffe spots! x3

Misplaced

Red_uni:
They can fly for short distances and gliding.

I would recommend people who want to make a new breed try more that two breeds. They need to be unique enough to be a new breed, not a mix between two preexisting breeds.

Springacres

Show Name:Best Kept Secret
Call Name:
ID:LF005
Breed:Landrece (smooth)

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

Show Name:Renegade
Call Name:
ID:LM004
Breed:Landrece (rough)

Conformation:Poor
Athletics:Good
Temperament:Poor

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

sera

Show Name:From the Moon
Call Name:
ID:IM005
Breed:Inse

Athletics:Poor

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

Show Name:Ultraviolet
Call Name:
ID:IF004

Conformation:Poor

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

BabyKittenCandy

Show Name:White Out
Call Name:
ID:IM006

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

Show Name:Hotspot
Call Name:
ID:IF005

Temperament:Good

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

YourLoveOnly

Show Name:Rough Patch
Call Name:
ID:IF003

Athletics: Poor
Temperament: Fair

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

Show Name: One Million Fireflies
Call Name:
ID:IM007

Temperament:Poor

Breed shows:

Sport competitions:
1st0

red_uni387

Oohh love the new pretties <3

And that makes planning for a new breed even more fun! *insert evil laughter*

CrystalAngelNeko

I really like how One Million Fireflies turned out ^.^

Hey Misplaced.... would it be possible, after breeding and breeding and breeding.... to make a Capranis with bat or bird wings? If so... I definitely have a goal >.>

*Ram like horns.
*Slender, long ears.
*Short fur.
*Horse like mane.
*Large build.
*Very long, slender tail.
*Possibly talon like paws.
*Possibly bat like wings.

PonyMama

CrystalAngelNeko

How can you guess PM? Hehe... I really love my character, and I love having a chance of making him in an adoptable. It's really hard to find adoptables that have bat wings and ram horns with a chance of some sort of mane...

Aralie

Username: Aralie
Kennel Name: Phoenix Fire Kennel
Kennel Prefix: PFK
Starting Pair: Landrece

So awesome!

springacres

Love my two!  Renegade's pose is very apposite considering his name and athletic inclinations lol.  Do you do that on purpose?

Misplaced

CrystalAngelNeko-
I'm going to tentatively say yes. It would be difficult, but I don't think impossible as Capranis have the capability to have all those traits, manes, bat wings, talons, ram horns(which is just a different type of horn style). But some mutations are harder to pass on than others.

I've been thinking of doing character mimics of these for when I trade with people, but the resulting Capranis would be infertile.

springacres-
Do you mean appropriate or opposite? I thought it was appropriate.
Sometimes I have something exactly in mind when I do these, sometimes I'll start and the idea will come from work already done, like with Renegade, the show name was chosen because of the pose sketched out. Sometimes I have no clue what they will end up as, like One Million Fireflies. For him I just bust out a few brushes and choose a color we needed more of.

PonyMama

QuoteI've been thinking of doing character mimics of these for when I trade with people, but the resulting Capranis would be infertile.
This would make me super happy, and even without being able to breed would make me super happy

springacres

I meant appropriate.  "Apposite" means fitting or appropriate. :D

Misplaced

Haha, really? I have never, in all my life, seen that word. I'm going to have to try it out on someone!

sera

*jawfloorcannotlocateit*

They are... so amazing.  Like...ohmygosh.  Thank you so very, very, very much!!!!!!

They all look astounding, but...... From the Moon is... .kkyyyaaaaaaaaaa. x3 Yay!

Ryuukokoro

Eeee Inse love!! Glad to see people are big fans of these big woolies. ^.^

It's fun seeing caprani with classic dog coats like blue merle and brindle! One Million Fireflies totally steals the show, though. (For me, anyway. I am a lover of non-natural colors lol.) Soooo pretty.

springacres

Haha, I am definitely going to be looking to add Inse to my kennel at some point.  Though first I think I'll work on getting a mate for my Varhundt boy.

BabyKittenCandy

Oh wow! They are all stunning and I adore mine! Thankyou so much!!

Winged

Those new ones all look lovely! Especially sera's pretty merle :D
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

They are all lovely! I really love all the different poses on all of these, and fluffy doggies, and that animal mimic! :D However I hadn't really planned on collecting full fantasy ones, mostly all naturals and possibly naturals with a touch of fantasy, so I may be looking to trade One Million Fireflies for another more natural male (my two others are girls, so it needs to be a male, preferbaly Inse) if anyone wants to offer :)

Ryuukokoro

springacres

Looking at these guys all over again... BKC, your White Out is my favorite, he has "I'm sexy and I know it" written ALL over him XD

CrystalAngelNeko

Quote from: Misplaced on March 22, 2013, 11:28:16 PM
CrystalAngelNeko-
I'm going to tentatively say yes. It would be difficult, but I don't think impossible as Capranis have the capability to have all those traits, manes, bat wings, talons, ram horns(which is just a different type of horn style). But some mutations are harder to pass on than others.

I've been thinking of doing character mimics of these for when I trade with people, but the resulting Capranis would be infertile.

That is a very interesting offer~ But I think I would really like my Diriel fertile ^.^ So I'll just have to do a bit (or ALOT) of breeding =P Having a goal of making a whole new breed intrigues me on so many levels! I've already plotted a course of action too! I mean, for the difficult mutations I want, I'm not to sure what I will need to breed... but for the build I have in mind, I've got a few ideas!

Like I'm going to breed Mestere to Varhundt to get that bulk I want but still keep the mane... and then I'll need to breed in Kacia for their long slender tails and possibly a 'wing' gene. Even if its not the wings I want, it would be a start and we can work on mutations from there~ And I guess, I'll be watching the breeds for signs of ram like horns ^.^

Eee! I'm so excited~