News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Rabbit Lovers Anonymous] Bunnies! Breeding event Open!

Started by RabbitLoversAnonymous, March 26, 2013, 08:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Partner Breeding Event

We want to give our new breeders a chance to try out raising some baby bunnies, but we don't want you to all just go out and have a million babies at the same time, so we are having a mini event for a group of you to practice with babies. So this is how it is going to work:

• We are only allowing breedings of Netherland Dwarfs or Holland Lops
    • All breedings must be between a Doe and a Buck
    • You can crossbreed rabbits, but they will end up lower quality than either parent.
    • This is a partner event, you must pair up with someone if you would like to get a breeding put through
    • One partner must own the buck and the other partner must own the doe
    • Each breeding will result in two babies, it is up to you and your partner to decide who gets which baby
    [li]You may only participant in one bre[/li][/list]
    Adoptable shop own and ran by toffeeca. Art by WillowDragon

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Adopting

RLA has various sources that give use rabbits to find new homes for. Most often the rabbits that RLA rehomes come from animal shelters. We also have rabbit mills that get shut down and the rabbits are given to us to find good homes for. The rabbits that come from shelters or rabbit mills are often average to poor quality. We are working on making connections with local breeders to be able to get higher quality rabbits for all of the breeders we work with. Currently negotiations are in in the works with Tiny Bunny Barn, who breed Netherland dwarfs, and Land O' Lops Farm, who breed Holland lops. Stay tuned for future partner breeders.

We currently have several Netherland dwarfs from a local shelter that will be looking to find new homes, so keep a look out for those guys.

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Quality
    Every rabbit that comes through RLA will be graded for quality on their overall health, foot positioning, fur quality, and size. Overall health, foot positioning, and fur quality will be given a ranking on a scale of poor, average, above average, and excellent. Rabbit weight will fall into three categories, underweight, overweight, or good weight. The rabbit exact weight will be recorded and it will be up to the owner to figure out where the weight falls. There will be different weight ranges for each breed of rabbit.

Quality will affect litters that the individual rabbit produces. A rabbit with lower quality health and size will produce litters that are on the small end of the range. Although foot positioning and fur quality do not affect litter size, they can have an effect on how diverse the coloring of the offspring are in a breeding. Rabbits can produce better quality offspring. For example, a rabbit that has poor quality fur can be bred with a rabbit with excellent quality fur to produce kits that can range from poor to excellent quality fur.

Current weight ranges:
    Holland lop- can range from 2-5 pounds, the good weight range is 3-4 pounds
    Netherland dwarf- can range from 1-3 pounds, the good weight range is 1.5-2.5

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Rabbitries
    If a breeder would like to be more serious about their breeding, they can apply to become a registered rabbitry. Having a registered rabbitry will enable the breeder to keep an additional kit from a breeding. Registered rabbitries are also given a breeding box every month.
    Any breeder is able to apply to be a registered rabbitry, so long as they fulfill the following requirements:

• Have at least two does and a buck of the same breed
    • Have produced at least one litter of rabbits
    • Have a website or notary thread dedicated to your rabbitry, including your rabbitry goals, and the rabbits that are housed in this rabbitry
    • If you have any rules that you wish to enforce, they must be included in this thread or website

A breeder may become a registered breeder for as many of the breeds as they please, all the breeds that are registered will be housed within the same rabbitry.

We anticipate there will be a fee for having a rabbitry, but at this time, the fee is unknown.

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Breeding

In order to breed any rabbits you must have a nesting box. Rabbits can be bred as often as you desire, but overbreeding can cause fewer kits to be born. There are several instances where a doe may not be able to care for her whole litter, if she is overbred, if she is a first time mother, or if she has poor health. Having any one of these problems only gives a chance that she will not be able to care for her litter, most does are able to care for their litter with no problems at all,. However, if a doe is unable to care for her litter, a surrogate doe could take over the litter if there is one available. A surrogate is a doe whom has had at least one litter within the past month and is also part of a rabbitry. The surrogate does not need to be at your rabbitry; however the surrogate's owner is free to ask a fee for the use of her doe as a surrogate. The litter remains the property of the original breeder.

In any given litter, the breeder is only able to keep two of the kits. If the remaining kits are not rehomed within two weeks, the remaining kits will be rehomed by RLA. If a litter is born to a rabbitry, three kits may be kept from the litter. A breeder is only allowed to have one breeding submitted at a time.

Average litter sizes:
    Holland Lop- 2-5 kits
    Netherland dwarf- 2-4 kits

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Partner Breeding Event

We want to give our new breeders a chance to try out raising some baby bunnies, but we don't want you to all just go out and have a million babies at the same time, so we are having a mini event for a group of you to practice with babies. So this is how it is going to work:

• We are only allowing breedings of Netherland Dwarfs or Holland Lops
    • All breedings must be between a Doe and a Buck
    • You can crossbreed rabbits, but they will end up lower quality than either parent.
    • This is a partner event, you must pair up with someone if you would like to get a breeding put through
    • One partner must own the buck and the other partner must own the doe
    • Each breeding will result in two babies, it is up to you and your partner to decide who gets which baby
    • You may only participant in one breeding

I want to give everyone a chance to find a partner, since there will be a limited number of slots, so this event won't be opening for a couple days yet. I have a test on Tuesday and a speech to give on Thursday, so I may open the slots before I am actually able to color any babies. It will depend on how the week is going, but find partner as soon as possible so that you can be ready when I do open the slots. There will be at least 24 hours before I open the slots, but again, I am not sure on exactly when I will open it.

When the event is open, both partners will need to post for confirm the slot, but the slot will be reserved for the partnership once the first person posts the form, as long as the second partner posts within 24 hours of the first partner reserving the spot, the the slot goes to that partnership.

First partner needs to post:
    Breeding form:
    Buck Breed:
    Buck Name:
    Buck ID#:
    Buck Link:
    Buck Owner:
    Doe Breed:
    Doe Name:
    Doe Link:
    Doe ID#:
    Doe Owner:

Second partner needs to post:
    [Username] confirms breeding partnership with [Partner's username]

Slots
    1. Kadana* & Ryuu*
    2. YLO* & Ravv*
    3. Conroy* & SweetCaroline*
    4. Country* & Lectral*
    5. Daimas* & Runi*
    6. Rosedawn* & hiyoko*
    7. Riverwind* & Rosewood*
    8. Aralie* & Wild*
    9. Bun* & Crystal*
    10. Equine* & spring*

*- have posted form, must have both forms to start breeding

YourLoveOnly

CrystalAngelNeko

excitement <3 these are so cute! and just in time for Easter x3

Ryuukokoro

My step-mom used to raise rabbits for show when I was a kid. ^_^ They are such cute critters--and sturdy! In Maine, winters get in the negative degrees at night sometimes and our long-haired lops lived outside all year long comfortably.

These lines are so cute! *pokes around in the bushes for bunnies, offering clover heads for munching*

WillowDragon

Kadana Sorano

*needs a grey (dwarf is it?) to name Bobby.

*sits and watches bunny*
    Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
    Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
    Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
    Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

RabbitLoversAnonymous

We have posted a couple of posters up describing how rabbits can be adopted and the quality rankings that rabbits will get. Feel free to ask any questions if anything is unclear as we continue to set up.

RabbitLoversAnonymous

All of Ryuu's poking about scared this little buck out from his hiding place. It seems he is interested in going home with you.

Here is the card we have filled out about him

Show name:
    Ear number: 002
    Origin: Shelter
    Breed: Netherland dwarf
    Health: Above average
    Foot positioning: Poor
    Fur quality: Excellent
    Size: 2.1 lbs

Feel free to tell us what you would like this lad to be called

WillowDragon

Arrggggg!!!!  Dwarf Hotot!!!  :D

I am so happy to see these guys around!!!  *wiggles*

Kadana Sorano

Gratz Ryu!  Such a pretty boy :)

*curls up in the corner to nap with a bowl of carrots beside her.*

YourLoveOnly

Sounds exciting! *pokes head around corners to try and spot a lil' dwarf cutie*

Sunchaser

-creeps into thread and hides behind Ryuu- merr

Ryuukokoro

Dawwwww!! He is adorable!!

haha I'd like to name him "Hot to Hop"  XD Kinda like hot to trot, but with...rabbits. Haha! I'll call him Hot for short. *snuggles baby*

Suuunny! Look what I have!

Sunchaser

WillowDragon

I am actually always on the look out for one of those in real life!!  Dwarf hotots are so rare in the UK!!  Love those little eyeliner bunnies!

RabbitLoversAnonymous

We have put up an adoption event that will start in about 35 minutes.

Ryuukokoro

Oh poo, I gotta go downstairs and clean the classroom before class starts, so won't be here for the adoption. Curse my need to work at work. XD Good luck everybody!

YourLoveOnly

Ear number: 001
    Owner: YourLoveOnly
    Name: Dallas

hiyoko

Aralie

Kadana Sorano

Ear number: 4
    Owner: Kadana Sorano
    Name: Sweet Pea

SweetCaroline

~SC~

Aralie

Ear number: 6
    Owner: Aralie
    Name: Taron

Forgot the blue XD

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Wow, those bunnies went super fast. We should have another batch of Netherlands ready for adoption later, we just need to finish processing them.

We would like to announce that we are looking for someone who would be interested in coloring up a poster for us (a banner to use for events) as well as an avatar. If anyone was interested, we could look for a specific bunny for you to take home (aka custom)

YourLoveOnly

I'd be interested in that! :) I have made a couple avatars and banners in the past with my real life pets ^^ So I bet I could do one for adoptables too!

RabbitLoversAnonymous

YLO- feel free to PM me and we can discuss :D

We would also like to encourage everyone to keep poking about/asking questions/comments about the plans for how we will be run/being excited for bunnies. You never know where they may be hiding

RabbitLoversAnonymous

For those of you looking for a bunny but missed out on the adoption, this little boy is looking for a home

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number: 007
    Health: Excellent
    Foot positioning: Excellent
    Fur quality: Above average
    Size: 2.8 lbs

The first person (who does not already have a bunny) who is able to tell me how many teeth a rabbit has and give me a name and owner for him will take him home.

Rosedawn

Sunchaser

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Someone got the right answer, but I need the number of teeth and a name and owner >.>

Rosedawn

Owner: Rosedawn
    Name: Butterscotch (but we mostly just call him Scotch)

red_uni387

so hoping the next flatsale is when im at home xD virtual bunnies are adorable

Ryuukokoro

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Yay Rosedawn, he is yours :D 

I am hoping to have flatsales spread out to get as many people as possible, but I will be trying to run other event types so everyone can have bunnies. Also, word on the street is that we have started up negotiations with another bunny breeder :D

Rosedawn

Yay!!!! Scotch and I will hvae lots of fun yes we will!

springacres

RabbitLoversAnonymous

If there are people around who are interested in finding some bunnies, you may be in luck. We are going out looking for bunnies, so the next five people who post an image of a bunny and send 10k to this account get one of the bunnies we find. Only those who have not gotten a bunny can get one now. It will take us a while to find the bunnies, so please be patient while we hunt.

Riverwind

Rosewood

Ryuukokoro

Ooooo photo bunnies! Congrats guys those are awesome. ^^

RabbitLoversAnonymous

Ok, we are back from searching for bunnies, and we were able to find bunnies for everyone! Can we please get names and owners for all the bunnies

Conroy:

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number:018
    Health: Above average
    Size: 2.9 lbs

Riverwind:

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number: 015
    Health: Poor
    Foot positioning: Above average
    Fur quality: Average
    Size: 2 lbs

Rosewood:

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number: 016
    Health: Poor
    Size: 1.4 lbs

Diamas:

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number: 017
    Health: Excellent
    Foot positioning: Excellent
    Size: 1.3 lbs

CrystalAngelNeko:

Name:
    Owner:
    Ear number: 014
    Breed: Holland Lop
    Health: Average
    Foot positioning: Average
    Size: 4.9 lbs

Congrats on getting the first Holland Lop Crystal!

Also, we are having another adoption event tonight, probably in the next couple hours, once everything is set up, so everyone can keep an eye out for that.

Ryuukokoro