News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

OMG how do people get through life?

Started by PonyMama, February 10, 2010, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Ok so a friend on facebook posted a bunch of warning labels and I have to wonder how some people can make it through life unharmed?

On a baby stroller: Remove child before folding stroller.
On a hair dryer: Do not use while sleeping
On a bar of soap: Use like regular soap.
On a frozen dinner: Serving suggestion - defrost
On a hotel provided shower cap: Fits one head
On a dessert: Do not turn upside down. (This was printed on the bottom of the box.).
On a package of bread pudding: Product will be hot after heating
On children's cough medicine: Do not drive car or operate machinery.
On a sleeping aid: Warning - may cause drowsiness
On a kitchen knife: Warning - keep out of children
On a string of Christmas lights: For indoor or outdoor use only.
On a bag of peanuts: Warning - contains nuts.

and then I went searching and found these:
On a Frisbee: Warning, May contain small parts
On a motorcycle helmet-mounted rear-view mirror: Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you
On a child sized Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly

quyllur

On my hair straightener there is a warning symbol of an eye and the straightener with a circle and a line.  Do they think I'm going to straighten my eye lashes?

PonyMama

you really have to wonder how many people had to do this before the instruction was made?

Taruia

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Ravvana

QuoteOn a kitchen knife: Warning - keep out of children

Darn, is that what's wrong with that child? I thought a child would be a nice place to store my knife :(

Oooh, humanity.

PonyMama

Yeah apparently knives and kids aren't suppose to be stored together, and I have to remove my child from the stroller before I put it away too

This is my favorite of them all though

QuoteOn a child sized Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly

Keeper

here are a few i couldnt help but laugh at  :D

"Not for human consumption." -- On a package of dice.

"May be harmful if swallowed." -- On a shipment of hammers.

"Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand." -- In the manual for a Swedish chainsaw.

"Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted." -- On a sign at a railroad station.

"Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on a Boeing 757.

"Please store in the cold section of the refrigerator." -- On a bag of fresh grapes in Australia.

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." -- On a laser pointer.

"Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth." -- On a novelty rock garden set called "Popcorn Rock."

"Not intended for highway use." -- On a 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow.

"Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover." -- On a pair of shin guards made for bicyclists.

indigowulf

Theres a Simpsons episode where someone on TV reads off one of those rediculous warnings, and Homer brags "they say that because of ME"

Tribe

erm..theres always good ones that make you wonder who did that in the first place.

but i have a good one, when my cousin (now 21) was an infant my other cousin (who was at that time in her 20's) tried to put her in her car seat BACKWARDS i suppose she thought the infant should be rear facing. shes an idiot for sure though.

Keeper

lol simpsons is so true ;)

haha backwards is a car seat that would have beet funny to watch.

PonyMama

that's ok, when my daughter was a baby and my friend had a 1 year old we decided to take a coffee break and leave the babies home with the boys.  My hubby said no problem, hers threw a hissy fir until we left.

Well both boys did fine, but when my friend went to go change her daughter's diaper, we were amazed, the thing was on backwards.  Yep her daddy had never in his life changed a diaper which was weird since this was his second child.

He managed to do up the "front" in the back by lifting her, he actually said as we were laughing, "diapers are hard to put on, you would think there was an easier way to do it up"

Ryuukokoro

Ooo are we sharing hilarious baby stories? I have one my dad loves to tell. XD

Apparently when I was a toddler, he left me in the walker thingy with wheels and went upstairs to use the bathroom. When he came back down, the walker was empty! He searched all around the house frantically but couldn't find me. Suddenly there's a knock on the door and he opens it to find a policeman standing there holding my hand! Apparently I somehow crawled out of the walker by myself, got outside through the back door, and was playing in the front yard when the police officer was driving by and saw me.

I think those warnings on some products are probably for clueless dads. XD

springacres

My favorite was one that I saw in Reader's Digest, from a dishwasher:

"Warning: Do not allow children to play in dishwasher."

PonyMama

LOL, now kids we have been advised that playing in the street could be dangerous, so why don't you play int he dishwasher instead?!

Keeper

LOL i could imagine a father saying that  ;D