News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*poke poke*

Started by Silvanon, September 24, 2020, 08:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

Hi Folks, I'm going to try to poke at Secundi and see if my poor old brain can remember how everything works there, and see if I can fix the place up a bit.

So, what should I poke at first, what's the biggest issues (coding-wise) with the site right now?  What functions are throwing error messages, what seems to be broken that was working once upon a time, etc?

springacres

Logging in throws a coding error, but you probably already noticed that :)

And glad to hear from you!  It's been awhile :3

[edit] the specific error is: "An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

Ryuukokoro

I think one of the most helpful things, for me personally at least, would be to have the Active/Inactive lists of shops updated. Right now it's a bit cumbersome to scroll through so many Inactive shops looking for the few shops that are still Active, and a bit depressing as well. Some of these shops are run by people who we haven't heard from in years.

As far as I can tell, these are now our Active shops (i.e. there is at least one staff member who is still around or the shop is automated):
Banu Gaia
FCFC
Gidgets
Gliders
Horses
LilBitties
Miniquines
Miniwyvs
Okibi Caballi
Otay Corral
Quinsta
Wobbles

And these are currently listed as Active and should be moved to Inactive, due to no events being held and shop runners being gone for quite a while:
Elenaria
Feli
Garden Noms
Gremlins
Gryphions
Little Chimera
Little Hooves
Masayo
Octopuss
Orlaya
Painted Unicorns
Patchwork
Sleeping Ocean
Starlight Tavern
Storm Chasers
Tarakona Ormr
The Untamed
Wind Surfers
Wisps

(Please anyone feel free to jump in and correct me if you feel I got any of these wrong. And I apologize in advance if I put someone in the wrong spot :) )

Silvanon

Thanks you two!  I haven't gotten around to poking the login issue yet, but I did update the agency lists - and incidentally did a bit of coding to make it a lot easier to switch agencies between active and inactive now, so if we got any wrong or things change it'll be quick to update.

Ryuukokoro

That's great! Thank you Sil, this looks so much better I think.  :D

Silvanon

Okay, so I poked around on that login issue, and I found something that might have fixed it.  It's not an error that I myself have experienced, though, so you guys will have to tell me if it's still popping up.

Edit:  Ryu, this should hopefully fix the firefox login issue you mentioned on the discord, as well.  Let me know!

Ryuukokoro

It DID! I can use Firefox now! ;D Thanks!

Silvanon

springacres

Yay, login issue fixed for me too!

Miniwyvs

I just got an error when I logged into this account, but the kind where hitting back shows me logged in and everything works fine :)

springacres

Ah, yeah, the login from the main site still does throw the error actually.  Logging in from the forum works fine though.

SeaCrest

Hey Silv, I just clicked on a competition and it appears to be broken XD

Link: http://www.secundi.net/compsignup.php?ID=505112
Screenshot of error:

YourLoveOnly

Gliders are by winged dreams, who hasn't been around in several years unfortunately, so I think that one also goes to inactive Agencies :(

FCFC is kinda up in the air. I'm the only active staff member around and cannot reach Wildfilly who is officially the owner. I can still run events, but all of the old example images are broken (Wild lost hers in a computer crash and the site they were on is no longer operating). It'd be a lot of work to bring them back and I wouldn't mind putting in that work, but I'd be more comfortable doing so if I had co-ownership back. Especially since last time they were active several changes were being discussed that the staff and fanbase weren't all on the page about, so I feel like I'd need to talk to Wild before returning them to active status and I've not been able to get in touch. Haven't tried for like a year, so I just tossed out a message to her and PM and we'll see. If I hear back and the outcome results in FCFC returning to active status I'll let you know, but for now they can unfortunately move to inactive as well.

SPO

Anything that I was owner of should be considered inactive. I've changed computers multiple times and have no library anywhere anymore.

Sarah Badr

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. So glad to see you back. I've really missed my Quinsta.

Silvanon

Hi Sarah!  Nice to see you!