News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Adobe help pls?

Started by BabyKittenCandy, March 08, 2010, 11:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

Ok, the lovely Kadana has been helping me with it cos im a total noob. :)

I have a cert file for the adopt im hoping to run here but seems people would like to see it with the corners rounded off rather than square and I have no clue how to make it like that. Does anyone know how to do this? Other than to remake the cert?

BKC

quyllur

Your using photoshop yes?

Here's what you can do:

1.  Create a new layer on your cert file and using the tool for drawing rounded rectangles, create one in the size and shape you want your cert.  You can turn down the opacity on the layer so that you can see your cert through it.  You can also adjust how rounded your corners are by setting the radius to different numbers.

2.  Once your happy with your shape, right click on the layer name and click Rasterize Layer. 

3. Next you use your magic wand selection tool, select the shape of the rounded rectangle.  With it selected, go up to the select menu and click Inverse.

4.  Now you can go down to the layer that your cert is on and use the eraser to get rid of the edges that are now within the selected area.  Then delete the layer with the rectangle on it and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind that this is my suggestion without having seen what your cert looks like.  If you have a border or something else that needs tweaking, you might just need to start over.  Good luck!

BabyKittenCandy

Oo... Ok... I managed that, now to figure out a few other bits... im so hopeless with Photoshop, Thank you Quyllur!!

quyllur

No problem, feel free to ask questions and I'll try to help. :)