News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Doggy dogs...

Started by Echowing, March 22, 2010, 10:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echowing

Lol, I just wanted to randomly show off my real life doggies. This should go in the brag thread because I will be telling you how wonderful and awesome they all are. =3

First off is my personal baby Jasper. Named before twilight came out. Hes named after the rock, chinese jasper(ex: http://www.mysticmerchant.com/jewelry1/chrysanthemumstonependant42x20x10-chrysanpend1b.jpg ) because it resembles his black and white dappled coat (though he has more black than anything). He is a mini dachshund and kind of quiet but completely sweet.

You can't see him well in these. Oh but I have amazing pictures of him as a puppy that I want to show but I can't scan right now T.T

Next up is the family doggie: Big Dog.  I originally named him Grizzly when I was little because to me he was as big as a grizzly bear (Though he's sweet as any doggy you'll ever meet). He showed up at our house a long time ago and my dad tried to run him off 'cause he was big and might be dangerous. Eventually we figured out he was a sweetie and hes been with us since. He has bad luck though, people have shot him in the leg before because he was near their house and he looks kinda big and scary I guess. But really he's adorable and he has big pretty bright yellow lion eyes. <3 Oh, and we don't know for sure what he is but we think part great dane.

Next is Buena Girl
She's another sweetie and the only girl of the group. (you can kinda see her in one of big dog's pics) She is an australian Blue Heeler and is very very pretty. She can be hyper and scares package deliverymen and the meter man >.> If you sit down and play with her though she calms down and is very nice. =3

Last is Skippy! He is named so because he has skipped since he was a baby (probably because he's chubby). He is a very laid-back red dachshund. When we got him a long time ago a little girl came out carrying his mom with her arms wrapped around the dogs chest, dragging her tail on the ground! Then she plopped her on the ground and the dog didn't even move! So he descends from laid-back happy dogs as well =3 He looks old now, hes all gray in the face and paws but hes still a sweetie.

Excluding my step-moms 2 chihuahuas that I don't have pics of, those are all the doggies at my dad's house. For reference though Lily looks like this: http://www.werc.usgs.gov/bats/images/c-big-brown-bat.jpg  ....Yes it's a bat but they really look alike Lol  :D

Caeser is a bigger short haired white and orangey brown kind.

Anyway, what do your babies look like? They don't have to be doggies though, I just like hearing people's stories about their pets ^^

springacres

Aww, you have cute dogs :)

Big Dog looks to me like he might be part Siberian Husky.  No idea what makes me think that...something about his eyes, I guess?

Anyway, this is MY pooch, Callie. Callie is part Lab, part coonhound and part we don't know what else.  lol.  The only pics I have of her that I can find are some really old ones taken at the shelter we adopted her from, so she was about a year old then:

Echowing

Ohh, shes pretty! I love her ears x3 And the black stripe on her nose is really cool =o

And who knows about big dog  =3 He could be, but I don't know any distinguishing things about siberian huskys

Pinkshadow

This is my doggies ;

Images will come as they were way to large
He's named Mickey, he was my very best friend in the whole world, even when i moved out of my parents house i cried because i would miss him .
Born : 02.03.02 / 2nd March 2002 . Died : 29.06.09 / 29th June 2009
I miss him more then anything else and i still cry alot when i think to much about him :/

Same thing
This is Zimba. Hes smaller then Mickey was and hes so cute, he will never be able to take the spot for Mickey but he is our nr 1 dog now and i love him much. He also missed Mickey alot when he passed, ive never seen him had that low spirit. :/ That hurted my heart even more.

They are both ; Shetland Sheepdogs , pure with papers :D
I have Mickey as a Mimic in here , i just need Zimba <3

YourLoveOnly

We have four guinea pigs, a cat, two turtles and a LOT of fish.

Our cat <3

And our guinea pigs <3

First up is Sep, our boy:

Then Mikki, our first girl (± 1 year old):

Aloë, our elderly lady:

We don't have a picture of little Noni (born last October, but she looked a lot like her sister Nani when she was 6 weeks old:

All the above pictures were made by the shelter that we got them from.

My own picture, Noni and I:

Feeding time:

I call this their palace xD They have lots of room <3

The guinea pigs are mine and I will be getting more once I move out of my parents house.

Sunchaser

You stole ella O.O lol j/k Ella is one of my three dogs and is a black and tan dapple mini daucshund as well. I have chai who is a silky long wiredhaired double dapple mini daucshund. yes she is all those things. You get her mutation sometimes when you breed a wirehaired and a long haired. Then i have harley my mutt :-p

Echowing

Ah, all of yalls pets sound sweet ^^

Mickey sounds like a good dog and poor Zimba. I'm always afraid what would happen if Skippy was gone because he is like santa claus (jolly and chubby) and the other doggies all love him. Not to mention Jasper. I can't imagine not having him  :(

And guinea pigs! I've never had any but I had a science teacher a few years ago that had some. They were all cute. And your cat is really pretty too. We have a gigantic cat horde at my moms house that I will have to go into greater detail about later >.>

Hehehe, Jasper has a twin xD  And... seriously? I can't imagine what Chai looks like but she sounds cool o.o  I'm pretty sure someone I know (or I am related to) has a pet named Harley but I can't think of 'em right now.

YourLoveOnly

I loooove guinea pigs. I wanted to get them for over 10 years. I also really like rabbits, but guinea pigs are just more cuddly and rabbits need more space. The current habitat could house 7 guinea pigs (using measurements special rescue shelters give, so they would have plenty of room), but only 2 rabbits. So I decided to go with guinea pigs instead. I'm not allowed to have more than four as long as I live with my parents, but I'll be getting more <3 They are amazing, very social creatures, always busy and they make a wide range of adorable noises.

Echowing

Hehe ^^ They look like they'd be fun to have around. I have no idea why we've never had any. My brothers have had two chinchillas and one sugar glider (They are scary when they're mad). And we had a bunny a long time ago but just one, an albino. 

Actually we've had a big range of pets. we had a goat named Keko one time. When he was a baby he was adorable and rammed into you when you turned around. When he got older though (and his horns got bigger) it hurt >.< We have also had turkeys for the eggs. Now that those are gone though my dad and step-mom keep chickens.

We kept two pigs a long time ago but technically for livestock. Pigs will eat you though! Ours were named Scarlett and Rett and when I went down to feed them I would come back with holes in my boots and clothes O.o

All of these have been during different time periods so don't worry we've never had a billion pets at once. x]

YourLoveOnly

Yea they are extremely adorable, especially when you give them vegetables. We try to give their food in different way and be a little creative with it. They like to play, they just don't play in the way cats and dogs do. They like things that involve food or shelter, or both. We have a little hammock that they love to lay in and a ball with holes in it where we put veggies in, for example. And they all have totally different personalities too ^^

We always had some kind of fish, always. And this is the 3rd cat we have had since I was born. Then I have two little turtles that like to sleep a lot xD And we used to have a canary too :)