News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

World Trade Center

Started by Pinkshadow, April 11, 2010, 02:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Hey.
I'm sitting and watching the movie ; World Trade center , produced by Oliver Stone and i'm just wondering if you saw it in the news , where you was and if you have seen that movie ..?

I think its really sad and i cried alot because i knew two of my friends where in those towers and they died with towers but i first Got told few days later ..
I was in a free Time club and was only 12 years Old ..

So heres my questions;
where were you when it happened ? Did you see it in the news ? And what were you thoughts about it and did you loose anyone there?

Solistia

I was in school that day, and during my Sophomore 3rd period English class my teacher, Mr. Ray alluvasudden turned on the TV (we weren't quite sure why) and then he switched it to the news and we watched it.....about halfway through 3rd period we were all let out of school to go home.

It was kinda surreal. I live on the West Coast, so it felt like it was a world away, and I didn't know anyone who lived in NYC, much less passed away due to the event. My heart grieves for all those who lost their lives, and even more for those who went in to save as many as they could, knowing full well they could (and did) and in the process.

I forget what it was called, but I watched a really moving DocuDrama on the World Trade Center (my mom and I cried). It was done like a movie, but had testimonials from the actual survivors...it was very good and sad

Also, United 93 is a good one. It starts out a bit slow.....but I cried at the end...both times I watched it ;~~~;

hiyoko

I was 11 and when we heard about it (California) was between 6am-7am, but I didn't hear about it until maybe mid day or after school.

I also didn't know anyone who died, but I do feel bad for those who do and died.

Ryuukokoro

Oh the trade center attacks...... after it happened, everyone always was saying, "This day will never be forgotten. Someday you're going to be asked where you were when it happened, by your kids or grandkids or others." But you're the first to actually do so, Pink heh.

I was in high school when it happened, sitting in math class. The principal came on the loudspeaker to announce to every classroom that something had happened in New York. No one knew what happened exactly, but two planes had hit the trade centers. Myself and the other students were pretty confused. The principal had never interrupted class to report on something happening in the US before. I remember some students thought we were being attacked. My own opinion was that it was a computer malfunction and I thought everyone was panicking needlessly.

It was a real tragedy. I remember when we got home it was on every station for well into the night. No regularly scheduled tv shows, just news on every station for hours at a time, saying the same things over and over, showing the same footage again and again. It was driving me nuts, I wanted to watch after school cartoons (okay that sounds really callous, but after hearing the same things and seeing the same footage for hours on hours, you start to wonder what's the point).

I'm thankful that I didn't know anyone personally who lived there at the time, but my heart goes out to everyone who got affected by that attack. I'm sorry for your loss, PinkShadow. :(

Edit: Whoa, they canceled school for you, Solistia? Wow. I lived in Maine, were we like three states over and we stayed all day. Funny, the different reactions that different places had to the attack.

springacres

I was getting ready to go to work when I first heard something had happened in New York.  I'd been out for a walk earlier and noticed that one of the construction crews near our house had a radio on that seemed to be talking about some kind of attack, but it wasn't until my dad called me around 3 pm that I first knew for sure what had happened.  Of course, I ended up not having to go to work that day (since I worked second shift) and it was all any radio station could talk about for several weeks afterward.

I didn't know anyone personally who died that day, but my heart goes out to everyone who lost someone that day.

Scullisto

I was at work. I was prepping to open my store when my roommate called and said something has happened in New York.  She is from NY and she knew her brother-in-law had a buisness office within the towers...She was crying and upset, then I remembered my father was going into the city that day for a vacation.

After they fell, we could not get hold of ours families for at least 48 hours....but luckily her brother-in-law called into work and my father had stayed an extra night in London and didnt go to NY that day after all.

I really remember feeling lost, scared and uncertain of almost everything.  They closed the mall and I went home and just cried.

Saiki

I was seven years old and getting ready for school. We were staying at my grandmother's house, and she would always have every TV in her house showing different news channels really loudly. Otherwise, I might not have known about it.

School wasn't canceled for us, though, and I don't even think they mentioned it at school until the next day. But everyone knew about it.

Oddly enough, we had just moved from New Jersey to California that summer. And on a nice day, I could always see the silhouettes of the two towers while we drove on this really hilly freeway (Route 208, I think). So it was really surreal to think that they were just... gone.

indigowulf

I was working at a gas station. I had just opened the store when a man pulled in my parking lot and sat in his truck crying. I kinda wondered if I should leave him alone, but he waved me out. So, I went to talk to him. He turned up the newscast on the radio.

That morning, every customer who came to get gas or smokes or twinkies or whatever- we all gathered around that guys truck and listened to the radio together instead. People called in to work and said they werent coming in, and we had this gathering vigil type thing impromptu in my gas station parking lot. It was really amazing- strangers crying and hugging eachother, people buying food like cases of soda and bags of chips or whatever, with the intention of sharing with all.

My boss didnt even care when he stopped by later. He was going to close the store and tell me to go home if I needed to, but saw our little gathering. I didnt get in any trouble for not staying behind the counter with the cash register like I was supposed to. He was such a cool boss.

bewilderness

I was at work, watching it happening on one of the tv's in the waiting room.