News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

(someone) Needs a hug!

Started by indigowulf, May 07, 2010, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Ok I know political things are a no- no, so this isnt meant to be a political thing. I don't care about which party this person is from or her history. Its about human whineness lol. Appearantly a certain public figure wrote a book and named it the same thing that a popular online RPG named thier latest expansion.

She is suing them.

Really? I mean, the case is going to get laughed out of court. I think it's just a publicity stunt because she's not getting enough spotlight these days.

On the other side, I do believe all written works contained on a website are copyright thier author. In that case, I do believe this RPG can countersue if she gets pushy, because they've been discussing this expansion for quite some time.

Some people.... sheesh.

Ryuukokoro

XD oh ho ho I have to know what this is about *googles*

xenon

I really want to know what this is about. XD It sounds pretty entertaining, honestly.. Time to do some googling of my own, it would seem!

indigowulf

I guess as long as it doesnt become a political thing it cant hurt to say the name? Sarah Palin wrote a book "going rogue" and city of heroes released an expansion by the same name. she's trying to sue them. She claims to have the copyright as soon as she began working on her book, which she claims was "before" her run as VP. All she's gonna do is tick people off. Like as if she really is going to get anything from CoH.. Marvel comics already tried suing them and failed. She has less of a case then they did. and who is she trying to impress? 500K teen to mid 30's GAMERS??? seriously.. ugh....

Ryuukokoro

HAHAHAHA *rolls on floor laughing*

Neocridders

Just reading the first paragraph, I knew this was Sarah Palin. I just knew.
Haha. I mean, I only somewhat care about her because I love the SNL skits with 'her'. I swear, I only ever think of her now as 'I can see Russia from my house!'. But, in the seriousness that she is a polititian, I'll say that I don't really care for her. I don't honestly follow politics as much as I should, and I know what party I'm in, but either way... I just can't keep up with what one person does and what another says and yadda yadda.

But, I must say that this is gold. I hope she regrets trying to sue. I think that is stupid. If it is a popular website/rpg site, I am sure she will have tons of people against her that know that she is wrong.

Well, that's a joke. I hope this gets on tv. I am looking forward to hearing more.
Thanks for posting. ;)

Goddesss

Quote from: Neocridders on May 07, 2010, 09:23:27 PM

Me too Neo!

indigowulf

I think I need to find the best info about it and forward it to stephen colbert lol. Ill have my friend send me the link (he was jsut texting me the quotes cuz i was busy afk)

springacres

Quote from: Goddesss on May 07, 2010, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: Neocridders on May 07, 2010, 09:23:27 PM

Me too Neo!

Me three.  XD