[Website-related] So you have tons of pets, but how to organize them?

Started by jojo, June 20, 2010, 01:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Soooo.... as part of my returning-to-cyberpet-world, I went crazy in the last few days and coded up this PHP script that helps me keep track of the cyberpets I've adopted over time. If you're familiar with fanlisting managing scripts like phpFan or Enthusiast, it's kind of similar. Yay for having free time before the summer term of work/school!

I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with PHP and MySQL, but if you are and are maybe interested in using it on your own site, I'm totally willing to share this code -- it's the whole reason I'm posting about it :) It's by no means the nicest script in the world, but if there's enough interest and people think it would be helpful to them, I can put the script up for download and write a little step-by-step on how to install it ^^;.

DOWNLOAD
phpMenagerie 1.0 has been zipped up and uploaded!
Download it here!

Instructions on how to use it are included in a README.txt in the zip file :)

DEMOS
You can see a test page here. This is a template page that is pretty much editable to however you want it to look.

I have a test admin area set up here, just use user 'test' and password 'test' to get in and look around, and feel free to try stuff out. Also feel free to post about any bugs you find, if you'd like XD

You can see the real thing in action on my site here.

sera

i so need to do this. xD;;;;  Because sera is lame and keeps putting off REALLY learning PHP and wotnot, even though she really wants to learn. xD;;;  i hope to poke around on this later. ^^

Goddesss

jojo

I finally managed to clean up the script a bit and zip it all together. If you want to use it, it's available at the download link in the first post.

I hope it's helpful :)

Silvanon

Oh wow, you have some of my really oooold click and takes!  ^^;;

jojo

Haha, I painstakingly went through your entire Allonia adventure game thing to find all those XD

I still remember your really old website adventure, particularly the fountain maze near the castle area :) I really loved the fountain maze XD