News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I never knew!

Started by Blondie_63, June 23, 2010, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondie_63

I never knew I could love something as much as I love the child I am carrying right now. About a month ago I started feeling him kick and feeling that was oh so special to me. I'm about 5 months now and went to the doctor a week or so ago and found out that I'm having a baby boy.
I got to watch him play around in my belly for a good hour for that ultrasound. The tech didn't like him too much then, he is a wiggle worm (not looking forward to that in a few months when he won't have room). He was doing all kinds of somersaults and at some point I seriously thought that he thought he was jumping on a trampoline. Crazy baby!

But so far I feel pretty fortunate. I never got the morning sickness I was nauseous quite often but it was never too bad. Now I just have to wait for the 3rd trimester...Hopefully he doesn't have too much trouble in there.

PonyMama

it is amazing right.
My second I had morning sickness the whole time, I had to be tested more then once to see if she had Downs, but I still loved her, which is why I refused the amnio, as I didn't want to lose her, I figured I could deal with downs but not with the loss of her.  and I still say that, even with her being 1, teething up a storm (she was cranky due to cutting 3 teeth) and her having a slight princess complex.

That is why mothers tend to bond quicker, becasue we have those first glimses and feels and touches of our sweet children before anyone

Blondie_63

My mom and I were talking about that not too long ago they asked me if I wanted to take that triple test I said yes but as soon as we left my mom was like you shouldn't do it. She told me that most of the time they come out positive and you end up worrying the whole pregnancy for no reason. Then she asked me if I did find out that Liam had down or anything else would I go through with killing him. There is no way I could even consider that so I told the doctor I didn't want it or any other test like that.
Tehe! Princess complex that's adorable! How is Uzuri doing having a new sister (well not so new anymore huh?)

This is very true. The father loves him but I don't think he realize just how much this baby means to me and how much I'd do for this baby.

PonyMama

It is nice to know ahead fo time just in case.  I took it not really paying attention, I was SICK, so it came back high in that area, and I ended up havign a few extra ultrasounds (here we only get one unless something is wrong) and sent away to get an amnio, which I talked it over with the hubby and we decided the test woudl really do nothing to sway how we felt, so I had the extra ultrasound, and denied the amnio, which the genetic counsellor understood and agreed with us adn I was sent on my way in a high risk pregnancy for a second time.

She is fine though

yes princess complex.  Not quite funny when you live with it.

Uzuri is doing rather well with Dziko around.  She loves to play with her now, but still gets annoyed and wants her alone time.

Well baby is screaming and doesn't want Uzuri or daddy so that means mommy time

Blondie_63

We get many ultrasounds here and I feel that's enough to tell a tech anything that might be wrong. From the last one I had the tech said from the facial structures she seen she didn't think he had Downs.

Tehe I bet. My sister had a bad case of princess complex she wasn't very nice to me.

Sounds like an older sibling.

Have a happy mommy time!

PonyMama

downs syndrom presents in a way that most ultrasounds shoudl detect it as logn as the equippment is good
the hed will be bigger and the limbs shorter

Yeah pretty much older sibling, but she loves her and tells everyone she is her baby.

I did she went to bed, I guess she had a logn day on her big sisters class field trip
and tomorrow evening will be exciting as our school is closing so it is bbq time
then friday the final day of school adn mommy has more physio, so it will be a long few days, she will hang off me after that

Blondie_63

Yeah the tech said she was measuring everything twice to make sure and she said she was 80% sure Liam doesn't have Downs which made me very happy. My mid-wife also told me that I don't carry cystic fibrosis so my kids will never have a chance of getting that.

I used to do that with my sister. I was around 2 when she was born.

MMM! I love me some BBQ! You should ship some my way. Tehe.